United States
Raceplace Events
50F / 10C
Total Time = 18m 4s
Overall Rank = 7/370
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/166
Pre-race routine:

Woke up late (bit too much of a family game night party last night), drove two miles to start, parked.
Event warmup:

This constituted sprinting from the parking garage to packet pick up so I could grab my bib and then to the starting line. Had a bit more time before the start of the 5k (they send out the HM runners first) so managed another mile or so to warm up. I really, really need to give myself a more proper warm up moving forward.
Run
  • 18m 4s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 05m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

This was the 5k race that is a part of the Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon

Didn't expect anything great considering last weekend's half marathon effort and my legs were still feeling that race. In my hurry of the morning I left my Garmin on the counter so I was running blind. Managed a solid effort.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe a little less booze Saturday night and a little more time to WU Sunday morning. Oh and don't forget my Garmin.
Post race
Warm down:

Went out to the 10 mile point on the HM course and ran some friends into the finish. Then went and grabbed breakfast and ran the three miles home.

Last updated: 2014-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:18:04 | 03.1 miles | 05m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/166
Overall: 7/370
Performance: Below average
Course: Just a loop around Old Town Scottsdale with some portions ran on the Greenbelt along Hayden.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2014-12-16 10:37 AM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon

Started by unclerobin
Views: 1050 Posts: 1

2008-12-14 7:36 PM unclerobin

Started by rotordean
Views: 1706 Posts: 4

2008-12-15 2:52 PM riorio

Started by triguyfitz
Views: 1142 Posts: 2

2007-12-09 4:52 PM riorio

Started by unclerobin
Views: 1476 Posts: 4

2006-12-04 1:34 PM alltom1

Started by willy
Views: 1156 Posts: 1

2006-12-03 11:45 PM willy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : June 15, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
I just ran the Boston Marathon under nine minute miles, can I run eight minute miles for my half Ironman training runs? Or should I go slower?
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : June 10, 2008
author : kns57
Steady is our walk. Ignoring the pain that is radiating from my feet, I continue to place one foot in front of the other. Again I wonder, “Why am I doing this?”
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a marathon in the 1:30-2:30 range and has a good running base in the past 8-12 weeks.
date : October 2, 2005
author : smeeko
comments : 2
I will assume you have not run consistently more than 6 miles and have never completed a half-marathon. I believe running your first half-marathon is a big task which requires dedication and work.

date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.