General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » bonjour de Québec Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-21 4:41 PM

Subject: bonjour de Québec
Hi

I've been dreaming of doing a triathlon every since I was young girl watching Ironman on TV sports network. Admiring courage, focus and determination.

I'm lucky to have a natural fit body without ever doing much. I wish my parents had initiated to sports when I was young. I now cross-country ski, bike, hike and swim occaisionally for fun and never for competition. I'm 38 yrs old and would like to celebrate my 40th b-day with a triathlon. I often start things without having the drive to continue on....I hope I'm not going to find some excuse to quit this. I eat healthy but having a French background - (cause I am ;-)
I like my wine!

Can't have my evening meal without a good glass of Merlot....so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to quit the pleasures I get from cooking and celebrating food and wine to reach my goal of completing a triathlon. Sorry - I want it all!

2006-08-21 5:30 PM
in reply to: #517930

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: bonjour de Québec

Bonjour!   You can definitely enjoy wine and still compete in tri's -- just cut back a little on the night before your races, and you'll be fine. 

I think an olympic distance triathlon (1.5km/40km/10km) would be a fine goal for your 40th b-day.  However, you might find that those are 'too easy' and want a longer race, maybe even an Ironman for your "life's accomplishments" list.  Just start small, get a good training plan, and make some tri-geek friends along the way, and you'll do great.

Et en plus, je parle francais un peu si vous avez encore de questions qui sont difficile a proposer en anglais....mais a vrai dire, votre anglais est probablement mieux que mon francais.  

2006-08-21 5:42 PM
in reply to: #517973

Merci Sunny.....you're a breath of encouragement! I'll toast to that! ;-) just kidding
2006-08-21 6:56 PM
in reply to: #517930

User image

Gilbert, AZ
Bonjour!

Welcome! I say go follow your dreams! Like you, I have always wanted to do a triathlon, now my first one is this weekend! I'm finally going to be able to say that I did a triathlon. I don't think you are ever too late to start! Just have fun and enjoy the cross training and meeting tons of new people!

Bon chance!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » bonjour de Québec Rss Feed