BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2015-02-16 8:04 PM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED
Week 4 of my training.
I had a full but great day.
I started it out with a trainer at my Y. She went over some core exercises. I learned that even though I thought I was doing my exercises correct all these years, my other body parts are babying my core. It took a little bit to get exercises that I didn't cheat on. I wasn't trying to cheat. That probably explains why I have been able to drop weight when I try but can't seem to drop my inches off my belly. I have my work cut out and homework to do.

Then I did 30 minutes with my swim coach. 100 yd freestyle, 100yd zipper drill, 50 yd fist drills. We spoke a lot about my tri and what core exercises to do. I learned some new drills then got onto practicing them. Then she left me with some drills:
200yd kickboard, side stroke 50 yd each side, 200 yd freestyle 50yd zipper drills, 50 yd fist drills and 100 yd freestyle.

I learned I had been off on my arms so I would bring my arm over then try to get air. I was getting in my own way. I have that smoothed out and it is slowly coming together.

There were other people wanting to lap swim and the coach put them in another lane with someone else. She said it is February we have Triathlon training going on. I beamed I was so proud.

After that I got a protein shake and rested a little bit. It took me an hour to swim my drills. So all together I did 900Yd in the pool. I was tired but I didn't give up if I messed up I stopped collected myself, caught my breath and kept on going. By the end I almost made it the whole 25yd with outstopping. This cough and stuffy nose made it hard to breath in the pool but it was ok.

I got on the treadmill and did 2.5 miles. I was doing walking and jogging. I was a bit tired so I couldn't walk as fast but I was ok. I took a break after my swim and got a protein shake.

I was tired and not really hungry but weak so I ate anyways.
I stretched in the steam room, at home, and after dinner. I can tell my body got a great workout today.

Oh and we are supposed to get snow tomorrow too. Maybe an inch. Lol They just cancelled school.

2015-02-16 8:08 PM
in reply to: Gabby'smom

User image

Originally posted by Gabby'smom

One more thing - everyone be sure to check the clamps/fasteners on your bike trainer ever so often. One of mine loosened up and my bike fell off the trainer today -while I was using it of course. The worst part was the ipad fell off the trainer and shattered the face. Learn from my mistake!!

Michelle

Oh no! I will definately keep a look out. Great job on your race and swim. Keep warm.
2015-02-16 8:11 PM
in reply to: Lizfuze

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lizfuze

Good question I'm wondering the same thing

I just finished a 20 minute swim a mix of freestyle, breast, and side stroke. I tried the alternating breathing on both sides. Was doing ok with that but started getting water in my ear. I need to invest in goggles, ear plugs and a decent suit (with underwire if any women can suggest any )

I showered, changed and hit the treadmill for 35 minutes. The best part was I was able to run about 1 1/2 miles of that. I'm not fast but I add a little speed every 5 minutes or so.

Makes for a really long day after a long day at work. Looking forward to spring and longer daylight hours

I'm starting to research bikes online. Any advice from people would be great. I think I am looking for a road bike with a really good seat. I want this bike to last me into my grandma days and bike riding with grandkids. So nothing to crazy fancy. If this is even possible

I hope everyone has a great week training!

Liz, first off, great day of work.

Second, I would suggest you find ear plugs of some sort anyhow and would everyone the same. It keeps the water out of your ears. The other thing is that some not all become disoriented / nausea during open water and longer swims. I don't know the science but ear plugs minimize this greatly and in some make it non existent.

Third, you are talking about a bike and while on-line purchase is fine you should only buy what you have test rode in a store, knows that fits you, and is something you really like. You said that you want a bike for the long term so you need to make sure that it fits you and you really like it. As far as seats go, most people aren't going to find a bike off the shelf with the a seat they really like, but that's something you can always change later for cheap. Let me add that if you buy from a bike shop you have that personal service, someone who can help you, and a place you know you can take the bike to for repairs and maintenance. Add in that they usually give you a free bike fit and other benefits for purchasing from them as well.
2015-02-16 10:51 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Well this is how my training went this weekend

or maybe not I was trying to post this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-T-Shirt-Uh-Oh-Funny-Whimsical-U...

As for mistakes to learn from others instead of yourself -
In my second tri I had a typical swim a decent bike but was a little spent. I get in to T2 - I take off my Helmet (never pulled a Todd) take off my cycling shoes, wipe my face put on my cycling shoes and as I am about to stand up and realize those wouldn't be too comfortable to run a 5k in. Take my cycling shoes off again and this time get my running shoes on and head out.

As silly as it sounds, practice transitions - it can be free time and as you continue can make the difference in several placings. My first couple of races I was in the bottom 25% or maybe even the bottom 10% of transition time. My goal was just to get to the top half someday. It was such an exciting time for me when it happened.

Another piece of advice - if you use shoe laces in your running shoes - make sure they are tied well - I don't know how many races I had to stop in the first mile and re-tie a shoe. Eventually I switched to the elastic laces IYankz) although I think there are several brands now and I don't know what is best. And It made a big difference.
2015-02-16 11:51 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

I just finished a 20 minute swim a mix of freestyle, breast, and side stroke. I tried the alternating breathing on both sides. Was doing ok with that but started getting water in my ear. I need to invest in goggles, ear plugs and a decent suit (with underwire if any women can suggest any )

I showered, changed and hit the treadmill for 35 minutes. The best part was I was able to run about 1 1/2 miles of that. I'm not fast but I add a little speed every 5 minutes or so.

Makes for a really long day after a long day at work. Looking forward to spring and longer daylight hours

I'm starting to research bikes online. Any advice from people would be great. I think I am looking for a road bike with a really good seat. I want this bike to last me into my grandma days and bike riding with grandkids. So nothing to crazy fancy. If this is even possible

Second, I would suggest you find ear plugs of some sort anyhow and would everyone the same. It keeps the water out of your ears. The other thing is that some not all become disoriented / nausea during open water and longer swims. I don't know the science but ear plugs minimize this greatly and in some make it non existent.

Third, you are talking about a bike and while on-line purchase is fine you should only buy what you have test rode in a store, knows that fits you, and is something you really like. You said that you want a bike for the long term so you need to make sure that it fits you and you really like it. As far as seats go, most people aren't going to find a bike off the shelf with the a seat they really like, but that's something you can always change later for cheap. Let me add that if you buy from a bike shop you have that personal service, someone who can help you, and a place you know you can take the bike to for repairs and maintenance. Add in that they usually give you a free bike fit and other benefits for purchasing from them as well.

Liz,

I don't know what kind of bike you want but since you live in my area if I could suggest to you Summit City Bicycle (in Fort Wayne). The people there were great with me when I purchased my road bike. I also did a fit test that took about 1hr 1/2 to 2hrs when I purchased my bike. They did all kinds of adjustments and changed out my seat until it fitted me good. They will help you with pedals and shoes if you are interested in that too. Now I don't don't what kind of price range you have in mind so be prepared when you go in to have a range so you don't get talked into more than you want, because it's easy to have eyes bigger than your purse, LOL!! Let me know if you need any help
2015-02-17 1:21 AM

User image

, Tennessee
Nicole,

What an awesome workout day you had - bet you sleep like a baby tonight. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one! Keep up the good work!

Michelle

2015-02-17 5:05 AM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

Woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Decided to just get up and run 4 miles. Feels great and I ran the whole thing, but I hope I don't have many more days like this. LOL
Stephanie
(With my extra time this morning I'll find a catchy phrase and make a signature. Love the one about beating everyone on the couch!)
2015-02-17 8:01 AM
in reply to: steph325

User image

Originally posted by steph325

Woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Decided to just get up and run 4 miles. Feels great and I ran the whole thing, but I hope I don't have many more days like this. LOL
Stephanie
(With my extra time this morning I'll find a catchy phrase and make a signature. Love the one about beating everyone on the couch!)

Wow! That's an early morning run!!! Congrats on the great effort and results.!,

I certainly understand those early am wake ups; during my recovery from my knee replacements I was up quite often in the early hours...,it can be frustrating.

2015-02-17 8:43 AM

User image

Originally posted by nekomidori

Week 4 of my training.
I started it out with a trainer at my Y. She went over some core exercises. I learned that even though I thought I was doing my exercises correct all these years, my other body parts are babying my core. It took a little bit to get exercises that I didn't cheat on. I wasn't trying to cheat. That probably explains why I have been able to drop weight when I try but can't seem to drop my inches off my belly. I have my work cut out and homework to do.

Then I did 30 minutes with my swim coach. 100 yd freestyle, 100yd zipper drill, 50 yd fist drills. We spoke a lot about my tri and what core exercises to do. I learned some new drills then got onto practicing them. Then she left me with some drills:
200yd kickboard, side stroke 50 yd each side, 200 yd freestyle 50yd zipper drills, 50 yd fist drills and 100 yd freestyle.

I learned I had been off on my arms so I would bring my arm over then try to get air. I was getting in my own way. I have that smoothed out and it is slowly coming together.

There were other people wanting to lap swim and the coach put them in another lane with someone else. She said it is February we have Triathlon training going on. I beamed I was so proud.

After that I got a protein shake and rested a little bit. It took me an hour to swim my drills. So all together I did 900Yd in the pool. I was tired but I didn't give up if I messed up I stopped collected myself, caught my breath and kept on going. By the end I almost made it the whole 25yd with outstopping. This cough and stuffy nose made it hard to breath in the pool but it was ok.

I got on the treadmill and did 2.5 miles. I was doing walking and jogging. I was a bit tired so I couldn't walk as fast but I was ok. I took a break after my swim and got a protein shake.

I stretched in the steam room, at home, and after dinner. I can tell my body got a great workout today.

Oh and we are supposed to get snow tomorrow too. Maybe an inch. Lol They just cancelled school.

Wow, sounds like a great work-out, and like you are getting great help from your swim coach. I need to get back to my swim lessons...I'm targeting March for that, when I have some more endurance! You're off to a great start to the week.

Catherine
2015-02-17 11:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by steph325

Stephanie

I am not sure if that is Awesome or kind of sad . I have not thought about going for a run at 3 am on those (all too frequent lately) mornings when I am awake and can't sleep. Maybe I should try that.......

Great for you though.

Edited by peto_primo 2015-02-17 11:54 AM
2015-02-17 12:59 PM
in reply to: Lizfuze

User image

I haven't been on this forum in a LONG time. Between work, daughter, working out, and all the extra stuff life throws my way, unfortunately this has has fallen to the wayside. I haven't been able to catch up with all the posts, but this one, regarding the goggles and ear plugs, I can comment on. The goggles I had originally purchased were terrible and I ended up getting a new pair: Aqua Sphere Kayenne. FANTASTIC googles. I highly recommend them. Great field of view, and they didn't leak at all. I can't swim without earplugs, and I got Mac's brand earplugs for swimming. They work very well, so I can recommend those as well.

2015-02-17 1:02 PM
in reply to: interspace8

User image

OK, I can't figure out how to reply to a specific person's post. My last post was in response to Lizfuze's post about googles and earplugs.
2015-02-17 1:19 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by interspace8

OK, I can't figure out how to reply to a specific person's post. My last post was in response to Lizfuze's post about googles and earplugs.

If you hit the "quote" button, it copies that person's message into a new block for you to reply to.

Ear plugs were a life saver for me for the longest time. And can be doubly important in cold water.
2015-02-17 1:56 PM
in reply to: peto_primo

User image

Changing a goal?

I have been planning to aim for my very first Sprint at the end of May, but getting used to the training is taking me longer than I anticipated. (Darn aging bones, muscles and determination! )

There is another one that I have my eye on at the end of July instead -- anyone have any advice on how to tell if I am just getting chicken and hoping to push the goal farther away, or whether taking more time to be really ready makes more sense?

Right now, I'm working on my swimming (wish me luck! Swim technique class starts tonight!! ), developing a strength routine with a trainer and am getting my horse into shape for our first show in two weeks. I plan to add my bike and run/walking back in as soon as my days are a little longer (I was doing pretty well alternating run and bike days before work in the mornings all through the fall) but I'm worried that I started off so far behind that I need to take a little longer to build up a good base.

I had to drop out of marathon training in 1995 due to injury, and it has always haunted me and I don't want to go through that again!

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts, motivations?

Thanks, guys!

2015-02-17 9:00 PM
in reply to: Suzie471

Originally posted by Suzie471

Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Liz,

I don't know what kind of bike you want but since you live in my area if I could suggest to you Summit City Bicycle (in Fort Wayne). The people there were great with me when I purchased my road bike. I also did a fit test that took about 1hr 1/2 to 2hrs when I purchased my bike. They did all kinds of adjustments and changed out my seat until it fitted me good. They will help you with pedals and shoes if you are interested in that too. Now I don't don't what kind of price range you have in mind so be prepared when you go in to have a range so you don't get talked into more than you want, because it's easy to have eyes bigger than your purse, LOL!! Let me know if you need any help

Thanks Todd and suzie.

I am trying to read about bikes online so I can at least go into a store and not feel completely out of place. Summit in Fort Wayne is where I will go. My husband got his bike there I just sometimes feel us women can be taken advantage of if we don't have any clue.

What a GREAT work out you had Todd. I have read about core training it sounds so important. I need to check into my Y and see if I can get some personal training in.

It sounds like even with the crazy weather people are really working hard at getting good workouts in
Keep up the hard work everyone
2015-02-17 11:29 PM

User image

Des Plaines, Illinois

I haven't been on this forum in a LONG time. Between work, daughter, working out, and all the extra stuff life throws my way, unfortunately this has has fallen to the wayside. I haven't been able to catch up with all the posts, but this one, regarding the goggles and ear plugs, I can comment on. The goggles I had originally purchased were terrible and I ended up getting a new pair: Aqua Sphere Kayenne. FANTASTIC googles. I highly recommend them. Great field of view, and they didn't leak at all. I can't swim without earplugs, and I got Mac's brand earplugs for swimming. They work very well, so I can recommend those as well.

I totally second the Kayenne googles. OMG I love them. I never ever get water. (I'm not sure about fog because of my super near sightedness I'm never sure if my goggles are foggy or my eyes are crap )

2015-02-17 11:48 PM

User image

Des Plaines, Illinois
So I bought this day planner (cuz I'm super old school and love office supply type thingies) to chart my training plan and make sure I can get all the components in each week. I marked down weeks 1-4 (starts in March) to figure out how much vacation time I'm going to need to request. (My boss is a former triathlete and marathoner and is all in support of my taking an extra 15/30 getting back from the gym at lunch...but I know I'm going to need much more than an hour at the gym coming up and decided to take vacation hours during that time away.) It doesn't look too bad, maybe an extra 2 hours past what I'm doing now per week. I'm all pumped, right? I got this, I can do this! Then I go on to look at weeks 5-8. Holy moley. This is going to be a serious investment of time! I used to shake my head at my boss when he'd tell me about 21 milers toward the end of his last training for Chicago. "How do you find the time? How does your wife deal with you? Your kids must never see you anymore." Yeah...I guess I didn't anticipate the amount of time away from my family this endeavor would require. I hope my husband was really serious when he said he was up for tri-training. It is, afterall, my birthday present...so I hope he can hang in there with me (and our 4 year old) for just a few months. But I am pretty nervous...
2015-02-18 6:21 AM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

Jenn, I know how you are feeling. I am looking at later in my workouts and think my family will adapt.
Last night, I got dinner ready then got ready and put the meatloaf in the oven while I was working on the trainer. I foresee using my crockpot a lot.
With the school closed today, I have to do my swim and run after work. I will see how much it cuts into family time. This is a longer swim training than when I first started. I was looking at days when I have 20 mile rides. I don't even know how long that will take. I probably will do some family bike rides. Luckily I have a pool so I can train after work when my pool is open.
I think we will figure it out.
2015-02-18 7:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Glad to have you back and hopefully life is calming down a little bit for you.
2015-02-18 7:39 AM
in reply to: libbyfhenderson

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by libbyfhenderson

Changing a goal?

I have been planning to aim for my very first Sprint at the end of May, but getting used to the training is taking me longer than I anticipated. (Darn aging bones, muscles and determination! )

There is another one that I have my eye on at the end of July instead -- anyone have any advice on how to tell if I am just getting chicken and hoping to push the goal farther away, or whether taking more time to be really ready makes more sense?

Right now, I'm working on my swimming (wish me luck! Swim technique class starts tonight!! ), developing a strength routine with a trainer and am getting my horse into shape for our first show in two weeks. I plan to add my bike and run/walking back in as soon as my days are a little longer (I was doing pretty well alternating run and bike days before work in the mornings all through the fall) but I'm worried that I started off so far behind that I need to take a little longer to build up a good base.

I had to drop out of marathon training in 1995 due to injury, and it has always haunted me and I don't want to go through that again!

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts, motivations?

Thanks, guys!

Libby, that decision is totally your decision. Remember what I said, As long as you know you can safely complete your tri you will be good to go if you decide to. If you truly are not ready or where you would like to be when the day approaches, then the smart decision would likely be to move to the later date. The one this about all of this is that there is a difference in not being prepared and talking yourself out of something due to fear or apprehension. Look at everything as time goes and make the best decision for you and your health.
2015-02-18 7:50 AM
in reply to: jennifersmith847

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by jennifersmith847

So I bought this day planner (cuz I'm super old school and love office supply type thingies) to chart my training plan and make sure I can get all the components in each week. I marked down weeks 1-4 (starts in March) to figure out how much vacation time I'm going to need to request. (My boss is a former triathlete and marathoner and is all in support of my taking an extra 15/30 getting back from the gym at lunch...but I know I'm going to need much more than an hour at the gym coming up and decided to take vacation hours during that time away.) It doesn't look too bad, maybe an extra 2 hours past what I'm doing now per week. I'm all pumped, right? I got this, I can do this! Then I go on to look at weeks 5-8. Holy moley. This is going to be a serious investment of time! I used to shake my head at my boss when he'd tell me about 21 milers toward the end of his last training for Chicago. "How do you find the time? How does your wife deal with you? Your kids must never see you anymore." Yeah...I guess I didn't anticipate the amount of time away from my family this endeavor would require. I hope my husband was really serious when he said he was up for tri-training. It is, afterall, my birthday present...so I hope he can hang in there with me (and our 4 year old) for just a few months. But I am pretty nervous...

Jen, congrats on choosing and mapping out your training plan (less frustration later). In reference to the other part, your sprint plan should not be calling for more than 7-10 hours per week and if it is I would have to say that it is over kill. As far as family time suffering, you can do so many things to minimize this. Wake on Saturday and Sunday very earlier and get in your run or ride before they wake. Do rides on the trainer at night while you child sleeps and your husband watches TV or whatever he choses to do. You already worked out one family time saver by going to the gym during your lunch time. Trust me if you want to minimize time away from family you can do so while training for a sprint. Now when you step up to Half and Full Ironman distances that is a different story. Also don't worry about the volume 7 week down the road, when that day comes you should be ready. Let me add that for the next two weeks you need to start working out and working towards knowing that you will be good for WK 1 when it arrives. Heck I have a guy at work that was doing nothing and asked me a good way to start exercising. I told him about C25K and just this past week he finished a 5K practice run with me, did not walk during it, and made the comment during the run that he could not believe how far he had come in only 7 weeks. O'ya, he has also lost 21 pounds during that time frame.

2015-02-18 9:24 AM
in reply to: jennifersmith847

User image

I totally understand both the planning (I have a big calendar AND a training journal, both in paper and am using the training log here. I'm a planner geek!) and the concerns about the time. I've been taking long lunch hours already, and when I add running/bike back into the mix, that will get done in the early hours. Though even with it being just the time to train for a sprint, I heard this morning the dreaded "I think you are trying to do too much." Arghhh.

During the time I've been married to my current DH, I've been much more of a couch potato than at any other time in my life, so I know he is reacting from how different it is to see me dedicating so much time to workouts and making time to get my pony ready for shows at the same time.

So, I went outside this morning, feed all the ponies and did the chores, and sounded like a cartoon character, fussing and carrying on, with no one to hear me but the critters. Then I put it in a box, and decided that just meant, at least for now, that I can't expect a lot of support from him at the moment, and that I just need to show that I CAN fit all this in, if I do it right and let some non-nourishing things go. How much will it matter if I stream TV later, or miss it all together? It won't.

So, I really appreciate you guys! Support is crucial to continuing forward!! And, at this point, I also think he's feeling a little guilty because while I'm still fat and slow, I'm lapping him on the couch ;-)
2015-02-18 12:48 PM
in reply to: libbyfhenderson

User image

Originally posted by libbyfhenderson

I totally understand both the planning (I have a big calendar AND a training journal, both in paper and am using the training log here. I'm a planner geek!) and the concerns about the time. I've been taking long lunch hours already, and when I add running/bike back into the mix, that will get done in the early hours. Though even with it being just the time to train for a sprint, I heard this morning the dreaded "I think you are trying to do too much." Arghhh.

During the time I've been married to my current DH, I've been much more of a couch potato than at any other time in my life, so I know he is reacting from how different it is to see me dedicating so much time to workouts and making time to get my pony ready for shows at the same time.

So, I went outside this morning, feed all the ponies and did the chores, and sounded like a cartoon character, fussing and carrying on, with no one to hear me but the critters. Then I put it in a box, and decided that just meant, at least for now, that I can't expect a lot of support from him at the moment, and that I just need to show that I CAN fit all this in, if I do it right and let some non-nourishing things go. How much will it matter if I stream TV later, or miss it all together? It won't.

So, I really appreciate you guys! Support is crucial to continuing forward!! And, at this point, I also think he's feeling a little guilty because while I'm still fat and slow, I'm lapping him on the couch ;-)

I think the support of family is KEY to all of us being able to do this. It's funny, my husband says "I'm so proud of you for doing this!..this is great!...I support you 100%!". Then he says I'm too focused on the training! LOL!

I've been trying to work the training in to my schedule as best I can without absolutely being a slave to it and never being home. My swims have been in the mornings, but I only have 25 minutes to get those in. Y doesn't open up until 5am, and I have to be all ready and on the road by 6am in order to get to work on time. After work, on the workout days, I typically get in biking or running and sometimes weights along with those. It's hard to squeeze it all in. Sundays are my days where I can get a longer workout in, so that's a no brainer It's typically swim & bike or swim & run. I have a trainer to use indoors for my bike, however to my (unpleasant) surprise, my gears aren't shifting. There is hardly any resistance. So, I have to have the bike fixed. UGH.

The swimming is still my biggest hurdle, so I'm going to try to find a coach/expert swimmer/whatever you might call it, to hopefully tell me what it is I'm doing wrong, or if I AM doing it right, and that I just need to work on endurance. I get 100 yds and then I need a good 1 minute break. Then 50 yds, and I need another break. Then 50 yds again, and I need another break. I look at all these swim distances that we're to be starting with in the infancy of training, and I appear WAY behind. And I've been at it for 4 weeks.

After the marathon was done, I thought ha, a Sprint? No problem. Bite my tongue. I was so wrong.
2015-02-18 12:59 PM

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by nekomidori

Week 4 of my training.

wow, this is awesome! great job Nicole! What's a zipper drill? And what's a fist drill?
2015-02-18 1:08 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

User image

, Connecticut
so, after several years of decline my dad died on saturday. It wasn't a surprise but this most recent downturn was rapid (which is a blessing). So I have been distracted and not on the forum/website bc I've got a lot going on. I suspect the next few weeks will be mass chaos with my mom flying up and staying with me indefinitely and the wake etc. I am in week 2 of a 20 week training session. My saving grace is that IF i need to I can always pick up the 12/13 week training. That is if I get really off track, which is entirely possible. I'm focusing on running right now since that's my weakest sport and I just EFFING hate it. However I have to say I felt like I really kicked butt on Friday night with only 25 minutes to get a run in I tried to increase my speed and I was impressed at how strong I felt. So yay, I might just need to try to push it more often!

I'm doing ok considering this. Like I said, it wasn't a surprise and I hadn't seen him in a few years due to his inability to travel because of poor health and my inability to travel due to teeny children.

Stick with me, I won't abandon you! I promise. I just won't be as involved in the next few weeks, but I'm not a quitter so bare with me. I'm empowered by seeing so many people step it up and kick . Keep it up everyone!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 1068 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.