General Discussion Triathlon Talk » adamo return policy Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-08 8:32 PM

Bismarck, ND
Subject: adamo return policy
I really want to try the adamo road saddle. I am looking for a place to get it where they have a good return policy. Just in case I don't like it. I could not find adamos return policy on their website.

Anybody know their policy or a good place to buy it?

2015-04-08 8:56 PM
in reply to: brreems

Bismarck, ND
Subject: RE: adamo return policy
I do want to say that my LBS does have the prologue. They do not have a great return policy. I heard more people say they like the road or racing saddle. I really don't care what I get. I just want something that I can ride for more than 30 minutes without my woman parts going numb and bottom completely sore. So, if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
2015-04-09 7:01 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Call the guys at Cobb Cycling, they will talk you through what your bike setup is, needs/etc and suggest you a saddle.

They have the best return policy in the business as well...after a generous test period.

Good luck finding the right saddle!
2015-04-09 7:13 AM
in reply to: #5106853

Bismarck, ND
I tried 3 different saddles from Cobb. Unfortunately, the last two were later in the fall. I didn't get a great test on them due to weather. But, I had the same problem with numbness, etc. The people were amazing. I sent a couple videos to them but just couldn't get things squared away.
2015-04-09 7:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois

Looks like their only dealers nearby to you are in Fargo, Grand Forks, and Aberdeen, so not close.  Their return policy is at http://www.store.ismseat.com/termsandconditions.sc;jsessionid=BE4DED1F6547E08B1D44F6DAC2A8A370.m1plqscsfapp03.  I actually expected better of them.  

You might be better off ordering from:

TriVillage (45 day guarantee http://www.trivillage.com/our-guarantee.html)

OneTri (60 days https://www.onetri.com/returns.html)  I had a really good experience with them; I ordered someBonk Breakers, and they emailed me that they didn't have the right quantities in the different flavors I had ordered, so I just took almost all that they had, and I think they threw in the 2 or 3 they had left in stock in the box.  Really nice people, and quick to respond.

Nytro (30 days, but I would clarify with them, since they exclude "saddles that have been ridden" http://www.nytro.com/info/return-policy)

There's always Amazon.com too - just check to make sure it's from Amazon.com directly, and not a third party "fulfilled by Amazon" seller.

Performance Bike often has cheaper saddles and a great return policy - but they don't stock ISM saddles.  Their http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1166782_-1_400196__400196 seems like it might work, and at $40, isn't a big risk.  Buy a couple of tubes and you'll get to the "free shipping" level.

I ride a Prologue, and there's no noticeable wear on either of them despite well over a thousand miles on each.  My white one does have some grease marks that I have to scrub a bit, but that's because it's white.  It also fixed some numbness issues I was having related to compressed blood vessels near my prostate.  However, my wife tried one and hated it.  

You can also try contacting random shops to see if they will work with you on a personal level.  A few years ago, Slowtwitch ran a "Saddle Tour" demo thing at some major shops.  None of them are near Bismark, but you might be able to call them and work something out. 

Buying a used saddle (check classifieds here and on Slowtwitch) can save you money, albeit the return policy is probably non-existant - but you could offer someone on Classifieds something like $10 extra for the option to send it back within 30 days.  I'd probably take that if I had one to sell.

I am still actually disappointed by ISM's stated return policy.  So, in your situation, you might be better off talking to the folks at Cobb Cycling (http://www.cobbcycling.com/content/warranty), who make similar split-nose saddles.  My wife rides a Cobb V Flow Plus and it's been a great option for her.

I also wrote a fair bit about saddles here:  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=527147&page=32 about how saddles should fit and other issues that can contribute to saddle problems.

2015-04-12 8:38 AM
in reply to: #5106902

Adamo has a saddle test program. You pay a fee of around $50, they send you a demo saddle, and if you buy it, the rental fee is deducted from the cost. If you return it, then they deduct a "demo" fee from the $50 and you keep the rest. I know trisports.com runs this program.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » adamo return policy Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Nike Free Return

Started by Meljoypip
Views: 1461 Posts: 7

2013-05-06 1:05 PM Sous

Should I return the Mavic Carbones?

Started by CyborgQueen
Views: 2184 Posts: 21

2011-02-12 9:56 PM cardenas1

Adamo saddles

Started by mdg2003
Views: 835 Posts: 8

2007-03-26 11:35 AM mdg2003

Adamo Question

Started by dursofd
Views: 915 Posts: 10

2007-03-25 6:05 PM sty

Another prop for the ISM Adamo saddle!

Started by Donto
Views: 890 Posts: 5

2007-03-19 6:26 PM stupidnickname
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 8, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
A few weeks ago I tore the MCL and ACL in my right knee and the LCL in my left knee in an accident. Can I returned to triathlon? What would that entail?

date : August 9, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 4
As endurance athletes, by definition we must go to our borders to find our center. There is meaning in suffering, we tell ourselves, but not in stupidity.
date : September 25, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have a torn labrum in the right hip that I'm getting surgery for this Friday. Also the doctor is grinding some bone that caused it to tear. Do you have any good ideas on returning to training?

date : December 31, 2006
author : sportfactory
Is there a point of diminishing returns? At some point, age catches up with us all. In general, as we age, VO2 max decreases, body fat increases, and muscular strength drops off.
date : October 1, 2006
author : marmadaddy
After a while on my first longish ride, I noticed that I was getting numb. It’s scary. “Will feeling return?” is the first thing that comes to mind.

date : September 5, 2006
author : Writebrained
The ISM Adamo Racing Saddle is difficult to define. It doesn’t look like a bicycle saddle. It doesn’t mount like a bicycle saddle. And yet, it does feel like a bicycle saddle.
date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.