General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races or tris in Europe Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-16 9:04 PM

Veteran
Subject: Races or tris in Europe
I'll be going to Germany, Austria, Prague, Budapest and Krakow this summer. Anyone have resources to see if there are any competitions there? I hate to stop training while I'm away, but am not too excited about running in foreign cities myself. Any ideas?
Rhonda

2004-07-16 9:38 PM
in reply to: #38202

Subject: RE: Races or tris in Europe
Can't answer your question, but I wanted to add the U.K. to your list of cities. Am heading there in September and want to get hooked in to the race scene as soon as possible. Hopefully someone can help us both.

Edited by jfuell 2004-07-16 9:39 PM
2004-07-17 3:33 PM

Online or Offline
Doesn't coolrunning.com list races all over the world? I think they include both tri's and road races.....

Have fun during your traveling!
2004-07-17 11:27 PM

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
Does it make me a complete dork that I believe as an article of faith that you can find absolutely anything (not everything, but anything) on Google? I've raced in other parts of the world and usually found those races by hanging around gyms, bike shops, aquatic centers - you know, the usual lowlife dives.
2004-07-18 3:29 AM

User image

London, UK
www.tritalk.co.uk - UK tri forum.

www.britishtriathlon.org - list of races.

Probably too late now but worlds biggest triathlon is raced in London end of this month. Over 8000 triathletes.
2004-07-18 3:52 AM

User image

Veteran
, Zurich
If you happen to pass through Switzerland, it's a utopia for workouts with an endless network of trails (called Wanderwegs) crossing the entire country. In Zurich you can run through the city any time of day or night with forests only a few minutes away. The roads for cycling will spoil you for riding anywhere else in the world--not a bump or crack to be found.

For summer swimming, lakes are best. Very clear and clean and safe, plus lots of outdoor pools as well.

For Zurich and other cities, check out the runnersworld.com site and look for the On the Road column which has articles for at least Zurich, Munich and I think a few others.

Happy travels,
Scott

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races or tris in Europe Rss Feed