General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the forums, but not really "new" to triathlons Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-21 5:03 PM

User image

Subject: New to the forums, but not really "new" to triathlons
Hello from Utah!

As the subject line states, I'm not really new to triathlons, I've done about 3 (1 per year). I've learned some thing over the past couple of years, and would like to share my newb knowledge as well as learn some new things to expand upon my newb knowledge

So, a little story of how i got into racing:

A couple of years ago I was getting pretty out of shape and over weight. When my oldest daughter started to learn how to crawl and then walk I was getting tired and worn out from chasing her around the house. I decided I needed to make a change a bought my first bike and started commuting to work. I was hooked, but I wanted and needed more.

Fast forward another year I bought a better bike, a full suspension MTB, and I decided to enter in my first mountain bike race. I took second and has hooked on mountain bike racing. the problem was, there was only 1 or 2 races in my area per summer. So I decided to start filling my schedule with a monthly race, but it a 5k, fun run, bike race or whatever. Well the triathlon came about when I was looking for something I hadn't done and there was a triathlon being held at the pool close to my home. I could swim (sorta), I could bike (fast enough to not fall over) and I could run (if you could call it that).

I completed my first race, and I did awful. But I didn't care, and it was fun. And I found that loved to race because it gave me a reason to train, and to get off the couch.

Fast forward again to this year. I don't know why but this summer I've been bitten by the bug and want to do more Triathlon races. I've had a couple of podium finishes in my age group. I've only done sprints and have been looking at moving up to an Olympic distance, not to win, but to challenge myself to train harder.

2015-07-23 1:08 PM
in reply to: citiznkain

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: New to the forums, but not really "new" to triathlons

Hiya, and welcome to BT!

"I could swim (sorta), I could bike (fast enough to not fall over) and I could run (if you could call it that)."

LOL ... I can relate

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the forums, but not really "new" to triathlons Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons

Started by clumsyrunner14
Views: 1004 Posts: 3

2013-12-25 9:47 PM clumsyrunner14

New to Board, not new to triathlon

Started by Daffodil
Views: 1054 Posts: 2

2009-09-06 7:49 AM kcassiday

really really really new

Started by ceilidh
Views: 1075 Posts: 7

2008-04-15 9:51 AM Schrup

Not really new...

Started by brain_bliss
Views: 682 Posts: 7

2006-05-09 3:12 PM brain_bliss

New but not really!!

Started by punkroq975
Views: 698 Posts: 5

2004-09-27 6:33 PM COgirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.