General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in Edmonton Alberta Canada Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-28 5:09 PM

User image

Sherwood Park, AB Canada
Subject: New in Edmonton Alberta Canada
Hello everyone.

I'm a 44 year old guy and I've been obsessed with this sport for years, but have never had the guts to give it a TRI. I really want to do this, but I'm...well...scared. I've been trying to train, but life (family and job) make it a real challenge. I suppose a SPRINT is the best place to start. I guess joining this site is a start as well.

Any advice is welcome.

2006-08-28 6:39 PM
in reply to: #524838

User image

Gilbert, AZ
Subject: RE: New in Edmonton Alberta Canada
Welcome to BT!!!

I'm a fellow Albertan, originally from Lethbridge, AB, but live in AZ now. How 'bout them Oilers!!!

Sprints are a great way to start. Check out some of the training plans on here. They really make it easier to accomplish. It's such a great sport to be involved in. Just make it a goal to do one and then go from there. Everyone here is really supportive.

Best of luck!
2006-08-28 9:44 PM

User image

Expert
Toronto
Yeah Alberta!

Don't be afraid to start, just do it. Take it from a guy who could barely run 2 minutes just 6 months ago. Find the time and make it happen. Do it for yourself and do it for your family.

Have a peak at this thread to read about other newbies and hopefully you'll find some inspiration to start training.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2006-08-30 8:25 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Welcome and good luck!

There are some other Albertans around here too. Check the Alberta page occasionally in the regional forums at the bottom of the main forums page. Also, check out the features available in the training logs. They're free and easy to use. They let you track your progress and, if you like, can provide an oppertunity for others to review and support your efforts. Highly recommended.
2006-08-31 8:03 PM

User image

Sherwood Park, AB Canada
Thank you all, for the support. I've been checking out this site and there is tons of great information. I'm sure it will be a great resource. Now if I can only improve my swim, I'll be on my way.
2006-09-05 8:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button
If you are really really scared you can do a team sprint and choose 1 or 2 of the events or do a mini (also named tri-a-tri in most places) but whatever you do don't sit on the sidelines filled with regrets. Just tri a little bit! Choose one of the many plans available and stick to it. It will take you to the finish line...and being a triathlete.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in Edmonton Alberta Canada Rss Feed