2015-09-16 9:10 PM
in reply to: bsjracing

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Republican debate

Originally posted by bsjracing

Originally posted by Left Brain

[

I could maybe go there.....can you get him to quit creeping me out.  He should be selling caskets.

Caskets=housing for Chicago's extra voters..... 

Damn

2015-09-16 10:37 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I like Kasich. He has no chance whatsoever.
2015-09-16 10:44 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

I'm ready to cut this down to Rubio, Carson, Trump, Bush, Fiorino, and Christy.  Let's move on.

I figured you would go for Huckabee because he wants his secret service codename to be "Duck Hunter"

2015-09-17 8:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by trijamie

I'm ready to cut this down to Rubio, Carson, Trump, Bush, Fiorino, and Christy.  Let's move on.

I figured you would go for Huckabee because he wants his secret service codename to be "Duck Hunter"

Everybody in Arkansas wants to be named "duck hunter"      .......Huckabee's Bible is too big for me.   "Thumper" would probably be a more suitable code name for him.   

Edited by Left Brain 2015-09-17 8:18 AM
2015-09-17 9:28 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Bush just said, "I took on the special interests and won..." Um...2004 called, and it wants its campaign slogan back.

lol #truth

One thing I love about Trump being on stage is when politicians say the same stupid stuff like that it really stands out.

2015-09-17 9:30 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by bsjracing

[

I could maybe go there.....can you get him to quit creeping me out.  He should be selling caskets.

Caskets=housing for Chicago's extra voters..... 

Damn

I was telling a friend last night that Cruz has a face for radio and a voice for newspaper.  He's smart and has ideas that I like, but even as a supporter it's hard to get behind his voice and looks.  (maybe I'm just shallow)

2015-09-17 9:32 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Was it just me?  It looked like whenever Rubio was talking about anything related to foreign policy, and especially the Middle East, the rest of the "candidates" paid really close attention like they might learn something. 

2015-09-17 9:34 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

certainly not a scientific poll by any means but the Drudge audience still loves Trump.

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9081166/?view=results

I found Fiorina pretty annoying personally.  My wife is a lot less engaged but watched the debate with me.  Afterwords I asked her who she liked and she said she hates them all equally.  haha

2015-09-17 9:43 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Was it just me?  It looked like whenever Rubio was talking about anything related to foreign policy, and especially the Middle East, the rest of the "candidates" paid really close attention like they might learn something. 

It seems like every time Rubio talks he weaves in his grandparents journey to this country.  After 7953 times of hearing it I'm so sick of Rubio I want to gag.  lol

2015-09-17 9:43 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

certainly not a scientific poll by any means but the Drudge audience still loves Trump.

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9081166/?view=results

I found Fiorina pretty annoying personally.  My wife is a lot less engaged but watched the debate with me.  Afterwords I asked her who she liked and she said she hates them all equally.  haha

My wife was the same......I found myself wanting to look at bus ticket prices to send her back to Berkeley, Ca. where she was raised.  In case you are wondering......no, we don't talk politics at my house.....our marriage, even after 20 years, could not survive. 

2015-09-17 9:47 AM

User image

Pro

It seems like every time Rubio talks he weaves in his grandparents journey to this country.  After 7953 times of hearing it I'm so sick of Rubio I want to gag.  lol

I like that he's proud of his heritage.   I think those bonds to our grandparents and great grandparents are valuable.

2015-09-17 9:52 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I like that he's proud of his heritage.   I think those bonds to our grandparents and great grandparents are valuable.

Without a doubt and it's a great story.  I just feel that he forces the story into too many conversations in an obvious ploy to gain sympathy.

2015-09-17 9:54 AM

User image

Pro

Also, for the record.......I think Trump came off as a dolt.  

2015-09-17 10:03 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Also, for the record.......I think Trump came off as a dolt.  

That should gain him another 5 points in the polls.  haha

btw, I agree.  He hasn't been impressive at all in the debates, but I don't think it matters at all to his supporters.
I would call myself a supporter of his and I support him because of his brashness and don't give a F attitude.  I also love that he's not beholden to the current system of corruption.

He's got a lot of baggage, but I think the more his baggage comes out the more his support grows.  It's kind of weird from a political standpoint.

2015-09-17 10:15 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Also, for the record.......I think Trump came off as IS a dolt.  

Fixed that for you

2015-09-17 10:28 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Stacers

Also, for the record.......I think Trump came off as IS a dolt.  

Fixed that for you

Fair enough.

2015-09-17 10:56 AM

Master
, California

It's kind of weird from a political standpoint.

And also weird is America's fixation on the Kardashians...

Edited by spudone 2015-09-17 10:56 AM
2015-09-17 11:05 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

In this new political climate the Democrats need to scramble.  Hillary isn't going to cut it.
They need a celebrity asap.   Perhaps Kim and Kanye?  You might be onto something.

2015-09-17 11:35 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Whether he has a chance to win or not, I'm behind Rand Paul.  IMHO, he is the only candidate that actually believes in the need to shrink the size of government.  The typical Democratic or Republican candidates are just different sides to the same coin - only concerned about spending when the other side controls the purse strings.  I can't support politicians that continue to back failed wars, namely the war on poverty and the war on drugs.

2015-09-17 11:41 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Hook'em

Whether he has a chance to win or not, I'm behind Rand Paul.  IMHO, he is the only candidate that actually believes in the need to shrink the size of government.  The typical Democratic or Republican candidates are just different sides to the same coin - only concerned about spending when the other side controls the purse strings.  I can't support politicians that continue to back failed wars, namely the war on poverty and the war on drugs.

I have to admit I was a bit taken aback by the (mostly) entire panel's views on legalizing marijuana.  It's like nobody is paying attention.....it's basically legal now everywhere in some form or another.....no big issues.  This whole idea of it as gateway to heroin and other hard drugs is mind boggling. 

2015-09-17 11:57 AM

User image

Pro

2015-09-17 1:58 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I was actually impressed with Rubio. More so than I've been in the past. I could see him as a solid Veep candidate, though I don't think he has the presence to be POTUS.

Ben Carson is obviously super-smart, but wow, I found him really really hard to listen to. He reminds me of someone's old uncle who tells these rambling stories around the dinner table. He just seems really unfocused and a real lightweight, politically.

Like Bill Maher says, "I like one half of Rand Paul." Sometimes, he makes perfect sense to me, but at other times, it sounds like he wears a tinfoil hat to bed (assuming he could fit one on his FABULOUS perm).

I bet Carly Fiorina creeps up in the polls. I'm sure she won some points in her duels with Trump, but overall, she sounds like someone who thinks very highly of herself and hasn't had too many people around her telling her that she's wrong, even when she is.

That, for the record, is the issue that most political outsiders share. Most of them (Carson, Fiorina, Trump) come from positions of leadership, and, as anyone who's ever worked in Corporate America knows, CEO's and the like are not in the business of being wrong. Consequently they don't have many people around them telling them that they're wrong, and, as such, tend to always think that they're right. In politics, the voters and the press tell you you're wrong all the time. I don't know that I see Trump, Fiorina, or Carson being sufficiently open to advice in the areas in which they're inexperienced (foreign policy, etc.). The politicians kept telling Trump over and over again last night that it's not financially or logistically feasible to deport millions of people, but he didn't want to hear it.

Too bad Scott Walker couldn't make it. (What? He was there? Oh...really? Are you sure? Ok...)

Christie...I dunno. I can't take him seriously.

And Trump... Yikes. I just can't understand why anyone would look at that guy and say, "Yup-- that's President of the United States material."
2015-09-17 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by spudone

In this new political climate the Democrats need to scramble.  Hillary isn't going to cut it.
They need a celebrity asap.   Perhaps Kim and Kanye?  You might be onto something.

Um, hello, Kanye already said he was running for president in 2020. Jeez, wasn't ANYONE watching the MTV Video Music Awards? Do you all live under a rock?
2015-09-17 2:04 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I was actually impressed with Rubio. More so than I've been in the past. I could see him as a solid Veep candidate, though I don't think he has the presence to be POTUS. Ben Carson is obviously super-smart, but wow, I found him really really hard to listen to. He reminds me of someone's old uncle who tells these rambling stories around the dinner table. He just seems really unfocused and a real lightweight, politically. Like Bill Maher says, "I like one half of Rand Paul." Sometimes, he makes perfect sense to me, but at other times, it sounds like he wears a tinfoil hat to bed (assuming he could fit one on his FABULOUS perm). I bet Carly Fiorina creeps up in the polls. I'm sure she won some points in her duels with Trump, but overall, she sounds like someone who thinks very highly of herself and hasn't had too many people around her telling her that she's wrong, even when she is. That, for the record, is the issue that most political outsiders share. Most of them (Carson, Fiorina, Trump) come from positions of leadership, and, as anyone who's ever worked in Corporate America knows, CEO's and the like are not in the business of being wrong. Consequently they don't have many people around them telling them that they're wrong, and, as such, tend to always think that they're right. In politics, the voters and the press tell you you're wrong all the time. I don't know that I see Trump, Fiorina, or Carson being sufficiently open to advice in the areas in which they're inexperienced (foreign policy, etc.). The politicians kept telling Trump over and over again last night that it's not financially or logistically feasible to deport millions of people, but he didn't want to hear it. Too bad Scott Walker couldn't make it. (What? He was there? Oh...really? Are you sure? Ok...) Christie...I dunno. I can't take him seriously. And Trump... Yikes. I just can't understand why anyone would look at that guy and say, "Yup-- that's President of the United States material."

So you liked Bush, huh?  Cool.

2015-09-17 2:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I was actually impressed with Rubio. More so than I've been in the past. I could see him as a solid Veep candidate, though I don't think he has the presence to be POTUS. Ben Carson is obviously super-smart, but wow, I found him really really hard to listen to. He reminds me of someone's old uncle who tells these rambling stories around the dinner table. He just seems really unfocused and a real lightweight, politically. Like Bill Maher says, "I like one half of Rand Paul." Sometimes, he makes perfect sense to me, but at other times, it sounds like he wears a tinfoil hat to bed (assuming he could fit one on his FABULOUS perm). I bet Carly Fiorina creeps up in the polls. I'm sure she won some points in her duels with Trump, but overall, she sounds like someone who thinks very highly of herself and hasn't had too many people around her telling her that she's wrong, even when she is. That, for the record, is the issue that most political outsiders share. Most of them (Carson, Fiorina, Trump) come from positions of leadership, and, as anyone who's ever worked in Corporate America knows, CEO's and the like are not in the business of being wrong. Consequently they don't have many people around them telling them that they're wrong, and, as such, tend to always think that they're right. In politics, the voters and the press tell you you're wrong all the time. I don't know that I see Trump, Fiorina, or Carson being sufficiently open to advice in the areas in which they're inexperienced (foreign policy, etc.). The politicians kept telling Trump over and over again last night that it's not financially or logistically feasible to deport millions of people, but he didn't want to hear it. Too bad Scott Walker couldn't make it. (What? He was there? Oh...really? Are you sure? Ok...) Christie...I dunno. I can't take him seriously. And Trump... Yikes. I just can't understand why anyone would look at that guy and say, "Yup-- that's President of the United States material."

From what I've read on the conservative forums the establishment is bailing quickly away from Bush because he's obviously too toxic right now.  Fiorina is where they're throwing their establishment muscle because she's an "outsider" but expected to fully step in line with the GOPe once elected.  She's also harder to attack for a guy like Trump without wading into a mine field.

**Edit, oh and I'm so sick and tired of presidents being bought by everyone under the sun that I absolutely can see Trump as President and he appeals to me greatly (obviously I'm not alone).  He's abrasive, rude, and obnoxious but he won't bow down to Iran and cringe in fear at Putin.  He'll actually put some balls back in the White House economically and globally.

Edited by tuwood 2015-09-17 2:30 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Republican debate Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

The whole homosexuality debate Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by dmiller5
Views: 9174 Posts: 123

2016-04-18 11:06 AM tuwood

Republicans are LOSING! Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 10441 Posts: 139