2015-12-17 1:17 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Trump

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Day Quayle was dumber than a potatoe, potatough, tuber.

Dude bought three of my paintings last year. At least he has good taste That's more than I can say for Trump??

Edited by Stacers 2015-12-17 1:22 PM

2015-12-17 1:49 PM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Stacers

Dude bought three of my paintings last year. At least he has good taste That's more than I can say for Trump??

Not true.......Trump has made an offer on my best work.

(draw.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
draw.jpg (10KB - 2 downloads)
2015-12-17 3:17 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I can honestly say I have no idea what Trump likes for art (or if at all).  Fortunately it's very close to the bottom of what I care about in a president.  lol

2015-12-17 3:30 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

I can honestly say I have no idea what Trump likes for art (or if at all).  

Here's your answer. He likes pictures of himself, apparently. Hope you were all sitting down for that.

http://bbook.com/art/donald-trump-buys-portrait-of-himself-by-artis...
2015-12-17 3:32 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I can honestly say I have no idea what Trump likes for art (or if at all).  

Here's your answer. He likes pictures of himself, apparently. Hope you were all sitting down for that. http://bbook.com/art/donald-trump-buys-portrait-of-himself-by-artis...

So he and Obama do have something in common.  He is a Democrat plant!!!  I knew it.

2015-12-17 5:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

I can honestly say I have no idea what Trump likes for art (or if at all).  Fortunately it's very close to the bottom of what I care about in a president.  lol

Yeah, I was joking (well, except for the Dan Quayle part). I couldn't care less what Trump likes. I care more about the fact that he appears to be somewhat crazy and a lot racist, and that his plans would be all but impossible to implement.

Edited by Stacers 2015-12-17 5:50 PM

2015-12-18 8:53 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

From a politics standpoint the Republican party just did Trump a HUGE (said with Trump voice) favor.  Americans are so disgusted with Washington spending and this just feeds into his hand.

?DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL

(New York, NY) December 17, 2015 – "If anyone needed more evidence of why the American people are suffering at the hands of their own government, look no further than the budget deal announced by Speaker Ryan. In order to avoid a government shutdown, a cowardly threat from an incompetent President, the elected Republicans in Congress threw in the towel and showed absolutely no budget discipline.

The American people will have to absorb higher deficits, greater debt, less economic liberty and more corporate welfare. Congress cannot seem to help itself in bending to every whim of special interests. How can they face their constituents when they continue to burden our children and grandchildren with debts they will never be able to repay? Our government is failing us, so we must do something about it. Who knows how bad things will be when the next administration comes in and has to pick up the pieces?

The only special interest not being served by our government is the American people. It is time we imposed budget discipline by holding the line on spending, getting rid of waste, fraud and abuse, and by taking on our debt. To do these things, we need a President who can lead the fight to hold Congress and the rest of government accountable. Together, we can Make America Great Again." – Donald J. Trump

2015-12-18 1:50 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

From a politics standpoint the Republican party just did Trump a HUGE (said with Trump voice) favor.  Americans are so disgusted with Washington spending and this just feeds into his hand.

(New York, NY) December 17, 2015 – "If anyone needed more evidence of why the American people are suffering at the hands of their own government, look no further than the budget deal announced by Speaker Ryan. In order to avoid a government shutdown, a cowardly threat from an incompetent President, the elected Republicans in Congress threw in the towel and showed absolutely no budget discipline.

The American people will have to absorb higher deficits, greater debt, less economic liberty and more corporate welfare. Congress cannot seem to help itself in bending to every whim of special interests. How can they face their constituents when they continue to burden our children and grandchildren with debts they will never be able to repay? Our government is failing us, so we must do something about it. Who knows how bad things will be when the next administration comes in and has to pick up the pieces?

The only special interest not being served by our government is the American people. It is time we imposed budget discipline by holding the line on spending, getting rid of waste, fraud and abuse, and by taking on our debt. To do these things, we need a President who can lead the fight to hold Congress and the rest of government accountable. Together, we can Make America Great Again." – Donald J. Trump

Reporter: "That's great, Mr. Trump. Tell us how you intend to accomplish this, sir."

Trump: "Lemme tell you what I'm gonna do! It's gonna be HUUUUGE! Enormous!!! I'm gonna kill the deficit! Kill the trade gap! UUUUUGE! Obama!! The government!!! Special interests!!! Muslims!! Horrible!!! Terrible!!! UUUUUGE!!!!! (carries on like this for several minutes, then leaves...)"

Reporter, the next day: "And the latest polls have Trump increasing his lead to 49%..."

/facepalm I give up. We'll get the president we deserve. One way or another.
2015-12-18 10:40 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Reporter: "That's great, Mr. Trump. Tell us how you intend to accomplish this, sir."Trump: "Lemme tell you what I'm gonna do! It's gonna be HUUUUGE! Enormous!!! I'm gonna kill the deficit! Kill the trade gap! UUUUUGE! Obama!! The government!!! Special interests!!! Muslims!! Horrible!!! Terrible!!! UUUUUGE!!!!! (carries on like this for several minutes, then leaves...)"Reporter, the next day: "And the latest polls have Trump increasing his lead to 49%..."/facepalm I give up. We'll get the president we deserve. One way or another.
Lol, I think you got that about right actually.Obama was an absolutely brilliant politician and knew how to connect with his audience. Ignoring the positions trump is doing an equally impressive job of connecting with his base. He's a multi billionaire but he's spent virtually nothing to do what he's done. I've got a customer who is a campaign manager and has ran several state and national campaigns. He doesn't like trump but we talked for an hour today and he's in complete awe at what he's done and he's trying to figure out how to translate it into future campaigns.
2015-12-22 9:03 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
The man is disgusting. Trump on Clinton losing to Obama:

"She was favored to win and she got schlonged, she lost," he said.

Another line for a Dem to use in the general if he gets the nomination to show his lack of respect for women.

On the other hand, "Go Trump!!!", as he will get trounced.
2015-12-22 9:36 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers The man is disgusting. Trump on Clinton losing to Obama: "She was favored to win and she got schlonged, she lost," he said. Another line for a Dem to use in the general if he gets the nomination to show his lack of respect for women. On the other hand, "Go Trump!!!", as he will get trounced.

I love it when Liberals get offended by the non PC Trump.  I've most certainly said far worse things about Hillary, so I'm not offended in the slightest.

She is scared to death of Trump because she has no idea how to beat him.  She knows that every other PC politician won't dare criticize her for fear of offending demographic X or Y but Trump doesn't give a dam about political correctness and the only people that do get offended are a small minority of Liberals.

If Trump has such little respect for women then why does he hire so many of them and put them into very prestigious positions?  Why does he have more women support than any other candidate not he Republican side?  Oh that's right, because women know that he does love them and that he dishes out criticism equally to both men and women. If anything he's the only one that does respect women and treat them as equals.  To not criticize a woman simply because she is a woman is sexist.

2015-12-22 9:48 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers The man is disgusting. Trump on Clinton losing to Obama: "She was favored to win and she got schlonged, she lost," he said. Another line for a Dem to use in the general if he gets the nomination to show his lack of respect for women. On the other hand, "Go Trump!!!", as he will get trounced.

I remember how many people said the exact same thing about President Obama during his first campaign.

Don't underestimate how sick and tired people are of politicians like Clinton.

2015-12-22 10:15 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Left Brain

I remember how many people said the exact same thing about President Obama during his first campaign.

Yes, lots of crude people out there. But how many of them were running for President?
2015-12-22 10:24 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers

Yes, lots of crude people out there. But how many of them were running for President?

They don't need to run for president......they just need to vote.  Trump represents a change from where we are....the number of people fed up with political correctness, bowing to protestors, etc. might surprise both of us.  I firmly believe there are just as many people who absolutely will not vote for that idiot the Dems are running as there are who absolutely won't vote for Trump.  All that remains is to see how many are left

2015-12-22 10:42 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Crude doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as blatant dishonesty does.

2015-12-22 10:52 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

They don't need to run for president......they just need to vote.  Trump represents a change from where we are....the number of people fed up with political correctness, bowing to protestors, etc. might surprise both of us.  I firmly believe there are just as many people who absolutely will not vote for that idiot the Dems are running as there are who absolutely won't vote for Trump.  All that remains is to see how many are left

I've never seen the level of support for Trump on the Republican side.  I did see this kind of support for Obama in 2008, and we know how that turned out.
Look at the contrast.  Trump was in the Liberal heartland of Michigan yesterday (or maybe sunday):

Compared to Hillary last week at two different events in NH:

Remember, Obama was the one with huge crowds back in 2008 and 2012, so they were Democratic crowds.  Hillary has zero excitement from the Democratic base this year, so I just can't see how anyone who supports her can feel good about how things are going.

2015-12-22 10:54 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Luckily for us as a country (I believe), most experts, researchers and professionals who live and breathe this stuff for a living disagree that Trump or other non-establishment R will prevail. One point - history shows that the very voters he attracts and have added to the R fold have a very poor history of actually getting to the polls and voting.

Also, he doesn't add much to the electoral map. Rs start with an electoral college deficit, and I don't see how Trump is going to make much of a difference in that map.

But, I like your confidence! I don't know what objective analysis gives you that confidence, but I like it!
2015-12-22 11:20 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

I've never seen the level of support for Trump on the Republican side.  I did see this kind of support for Obama in 2008, and we know how that turned out.
Look at the contrast.  Trump was in the Liberal heartland of Michigan yesterday (or maybe sunday):

Compared to Hillary last week at two different events in NH:

Remember, Obama was the one with huge crowds back in 2008 and 2012, so they were Democratic crowds.  Hillary has zero excitement from the Democratic base this year, so I just can't see how anyone who supports her can feel good about how things are going.

Again, I like your confidence is using pictures and gut feel to extrapolate to the overall population! Oh, and Michigan is hardly strongly liberal. Purple state these days at best with a fickle track record.

The Christian Science Monitor (hardly a left leaning rag) reports that Trump ain't doing so great with women:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Decoder/2015/1222/Trump-s-cru...
2015-12-22 1:20 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Just out of curiosity, what's the source for those photos you posted?

2015-12-22 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Luckily for us as a country (I believe), most experts, researchers and professionals who live and breathe this stuff for a living disagree that Trump or other non-establishment R will prevail. One point - history shows that the very voters he attracts and have added to the R fold have a very poor history of actually getting to the polls and voting. Also, he doesn't add much to the electoral map. Rs start with an electoral college deficit, and I don't see how Trump is going to make much of a difference in that map. But, I like your confidence! I don't know what objective analysis gives you that confidence, but I like it!

Pretty sure those same people were the ones saying Trump had zero chance in the Republican primary. 

2015-12-22 2:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Just out of curiosity, what's the source for those photos you posted?

The first one was from a blogger friend that was at the event.

The Hillary ones were from this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240170/Empty-seat-syndrome-Sparse-crowds-Hillary-New-Hampshire-Jeb-Nevada-Trump-s-audience-overflows-thousands.html

2015-12-22 2:43 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Crude doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as blatant dishonesty does.

Interesting that you should say that...

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/22/donald-trump-unloads-on-polit...

"Donald Trump doesn't let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years"

"Lie of the year." Of the year.

Oh, right, I forgot-- he's just "exaggerating".
2015-12-22 2:51 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn  Interesting that you should say that... http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/22/donald-trump-unloads-on-polit... "Donald Trump doesn't let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years" "Lie of the year." Of the year. Oh, right, I forgot-- he's just "exaggerating".

He seems very presidential - 2013 Lie of the Year

2015-12-22 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Just out of curiosity, what's the source for those photos you posted?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240170/Empty-seat-syndrome-Sparse-crowds-Hillary-New-Hampshire-Jeb-Nevada-Trump-s-audience-overflows-thousands.html

You said about the Hillary pictures, "...last week from 2 different events in NH."

FYI - the article you linked is from September 18 and the pictures were retweets from Fox news it looks like.

Nice.
2015-12-22 2:57 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You said about the Hillary pictures, "...last week from 2 different events in NH." FYI - the article you linked is from September 18 and the pictures were retweets from Fox news it looks like. Nice.

ok, totally my bad on that one.  I honestly tried googling recent Hillary events and even checked the date on the article.  For some reason my Christmas brain read the September 18 as December 18.

That being said, I don't think there's anyone trying to make the case that she's getting big turnouts at her events.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40