General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-21 5:39 PM

Subject: Diet Plan
I'm 5'8, male, 31 years old, and weight 190 pounds. 2 months ago I started running, swimming, or biking 30-40 mins per workout 4-5 days per week. I also started counting calories on myfitnesspal, ate less calories, and try to eat low fat foods as best I can. Over 2 months it worked great, I lost 15 pounds. However over the last 2 weeks I haven't lost a single pound yet diet and exercise has been the same. Is it possible I'm eating too few of calories and my metabolism is slowing? Should I change it up in my exercise?

I'm shooting for 1,700-1,800 calories per day because that's what myfitnesspal told me when I said 2 pounds of weight loss per week.....however when i use online calculators it looks like I should be around 2,000 calories (I have a desk job). Any advice?

2015-09-26 5:41 AM
in reply to: bob_frapples

Subject: RE: Diet Plan
Your daily intake of calories must 1800 if you are trying to lose weight .If you think your metabolism rate is decreasing due to less intake of calories then you can start using Nuez dela India seed which helps to boost metabolism and does not have any side-effects as it is natural and chemical -free .One of my friend got positive response from this seed within few months .
2015-10-01 9:30 AM
in reply to: bob_frapples

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario
Subject: RE: Diet Plan
Originally posted by bob_frapples

I'm 5'8, male, 31 years old, and weight 190 pounds. 2 months ago I started running, swimming, or biking 30-40 mins per workout 4-5 days per week. I also started counting calories on myfitnesspal, ate less calories, and try to eat low fat foods as best I can. Over 2 months it worked great, I lost 15 pounds. However over the last 2 weeks I haven't lost a single pound yet diet and exercise has been the same. Is it possible I'm eating too few of calories and my metabolism is slowing? Should I change it up in my exercise?

I'm shooting for 1,700-1,800 calories per day because that's what myfitnesspal told me when I said 2 pounds of weight loss per week.....however when i use online calculators it looks like I should be around 2,000 calories (I have a desk job). Any advice?

First off, you're now at 175 lbs. You shouldn't be using 2 lbs/wk when you're that close to your goal weight. Drop it down to 1 lb/wk.

Second; the way MFP works, you suppose to eat back your exercise calories. Are you doing that?

Third; you might consider eating at maintenance for a couple weeks to help stabilize hormones, then start back up at 1 lb/wk on MFP while eating back exercise calories. Make sure you weigh all your food when tracking calories. It's easy to have 20-50 more calories here and there. It adds up.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Plan Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

? Diet plan and HIM/IM training

Started by Cayenne
Views: 317 Posts: 1

2011-10-09 9:14 AM Cayenne

Diet plan for a Clydesdale stuck at 202!!!

Started by reflectionspw
Views: 2322 Posts: 8

2011-08-30 12:21 PM runswithcrazydog

Diet plan during recovery from ankle surgery!

Started by prawles
Views: 1428 Posts: 2

2010-05-05 10:17 AM Sheilby

xxxxxxx Diet Plan?

Started by donhayes1191
Views: 939 Posts: 2

2008-12-06 11:36 PM i146q

Rate My Diet Plan

Started by 2bignot2tri
Views: 813 Posts: 4

2007-04-17 12:25 PM maggyruth
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 21, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Striving to eat a perfect diet commonly results in deprivation of foods you truly like to eat. You will inevitably end up binging on those foods, sooner or later. Learn how to eat normally.

date : June 21, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How to tweak your training plan to account for frequent races
date : June 21, 2011
comments : 1
How recent studies can impact your training and nutrition strategies

date : May 31, 2011
comments : 5
Is giving into cravings necessarily a bad thing?
date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season

date : January 20, 2011
Should I buy organic or standard foods? Fresh or frozen vegetables? Low-fat or fat-free milk? Get tips inside.
date : December 5, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
The crux of rehab was so simple: “Eat and exercise like your life depended on it.” It seemed to take all the guesswork out of the picture and make things that much easier for me.

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.