Other Resources The Political Joe » TSA is a f***ing joke Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-06 10:26 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: TSA is a f***ing joke
TSA is in full panic mode because of the Russian airliner that was probably bombed out of the sky after leaving Egypt the other day. This was likely conducted by one of the hundreds of people that have unlimited access to aircraft while they are on the ground. There are so many gaping holes in airport security that it is nothing short of a miracle that we haven't had this happen in the US. Anyhow, they are in full alert mode and conducting random squeezes on those of us working at the airport. Here's what happened to me a few minutes ago.

I got a called out for a power issue with one of our planes that was scheduled outbound this AM. I walked through the jetway door from the ramp and walked past three TSA agents. I went into the cockpit, resolved the power problem and was then stopped by the three TSA folks as I tried to leave the jetway. They asked me to empty my pockets and place the contents on the clipboard on them was holding. All I had in my pocket was the knife in the attachment Ive posted here! They didn't even blink and then advised method were going to pat me down as part of their random security checks. I initially refused and they called their boss and advised me that I would be fined. Soooo, I let them feel me up until they decided I had nothing hidden in my pants or under my shirt. It's worth noting that they did not touch my crotch, so I guess I know where to hide the nuke next time. They gave me back my knife and said thank you.

I asked them to clarify what their purpose was by conducting these random pat downs. They were looking for weapons and explosives was the response . Soooo, I asked them why they didn't confiscate my knife and throw me in jail. They asked if I needed the knife to do my job, to which I replied yes. So, they said it was ok. To which I again asked them why they searched me for weapons if they were going to allow me to carry one. The response this time was that it is part of TSAs security initiative. So I asked what was the objective of the directive. They responded by telling me they are looking or weapons. You see where this is going, right?

So this AM I was allowed to walk past TSA agents, say hello to and discuss the power issue with the flight attendants (pass them a weapon?), access the cockpit (install the bomb) and then, after I've had the opportunity to contaminate their "sterile area" and am leaving the scene of a potential crime, do they search me. Find a weapon. Then let me walk away, still in the "sterile area" with the weapon still in my pocket. They did call my boss and tell him that I was being difficult. They told him they wouldn't proceed with the matter, but that they would prosecute if I was difficult in the future.

Enjoy your upcoming flights knowing the TSA is on the job and in control... of my shorts.

(IMG_2649.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_2649.JPG (99KB - 2 downloads)

2015-11-06 10:36 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: TSA is a f***ing joke

I can tell you that nearly ALL of the drug cases that we work, IF they are using airlines to tansport drugs or money, have someone on the "inside" who gets the contraband on the plane.  It's kind of silly actually, when you consider what TSA puts passengers through.

We've flown bikes dozens of times.....and every time the case gets opened and searched.  I once checked a case with 4 AR-15's, 8 pistols, 4 bullet proof vests,  and thousands of rounds of ammunition through TSA with nothing more than an X-ray. (we were going to a training week at the Sig Saur complex in New Hampshire)

2015-11-06 10:43 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Yeah, but attempted shoe bombing is at an all-time low (down from its high of 1 attempt in 2009).

2015-11-06 2:15 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I agree that it's pretty weak and focused in weird areas, but I'll caution you to be careful.  When it comes to the law I've found that if they want to arrest you they will, no matter what you're doing.  
We do a fair amount of work at the airport and on the numerous times I've been wandering around on the tarmac (no background check, search, or anything) I've often thought that the security should be a little tighter on the back side.

2015-11-06 3:29 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

I'l agree that their reactive methods seem (are) milquetoast, and there will never be a lack of stories of things going thru TSA that shouldn't.  I personally think TSA is a joke as well

That said....

I agree with the TSA agents that you were being difficult.  Why not let them pat you down on the way out?  Sure, that's got nothing to do with whether you had something going into the plane, but bring that up later with your boss.  "Hey, they may wanna think about.... " etc.  Arguing with them on the spot is sort of like telling a cop they're wrong.  How many times has that gone well?

And this isn't a "they're taking our freedom away" issue, as you are in an area that is subject to federal law and highly regulated and protected.  You aren't John Doe just waling down the street getting harassed.

Way back in law school some friends and I went to a Raiders game at the arena, and tailgated on the grass outside.  Mounted officers rode up and started giving everyone tickets. Most everyone gave lip "don't you have real criminals to arrest," blah blah.  I kept my mouth frickin shut.  When the time came for the court case, they all had to show up, whereas mine never made it into the system.  Divine providence?  Luck? Sloppy police work?  A tip of the hat for being respectful?  Never know, but cost me a lot less anyway

(not that she deserved it) but I never got the Sandra Bland style of responding to authority

Anyway, just my .02 on the matter.

Edited by ChrisM 2015-11-06 3:31 PM
2015-11-06 5:38 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChrisM

I'l agree that their reactive methods seem (are) milquetoast, and there will never be a lack of stories of things going thru TSA that shouldn't.  I personally think TSA is a joke as well

That said....

I agree with the TSA agents that you were being difficult.  Why not let them pat you down on the way out?  Sure, that's got nothing to do with whether you had something going into the plane, but bring that up later with your boss.  "Hey, they may wanna think about.... " etc.  Arguing with them on the spot is sort of like telling a cop they're wrong.  How many times has that gone well?

And this isn't a "they're taking our freedom away" issue, as you are in an area that is subject to federal law and highly regulated and protected.  You aren't John Doe just waling down the street getting harassed.

Way back in law school some friends and I went to a Raiders game at the arena, and tailgated on the grass outside.  Mounted officers rode up and started giving everyone tickets. Most everyone gave lip "don't you have real criminals to arrest," blah blah.  I kept my mouth frickin shut.  When the time came for the court case, they all had to show up, whereas mine never made it into the system.  Divine providence?  Luck? Sloppy police work?  A tip of the hat for being respectful?  Never know, but cost me a lot less anyway

(not that she deserved it) but I never got the Sandra Bland style of responding to authority

Agreed.....I teach my kids the same thing.  Just keep your mouth shut and pay attention to what everyone is doing. 

The only "adverse" advice I give my kids is to ALWAYS respectfully say no if a cop asks to search your car, your house, or your person.

2015-11-06 8:02 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Yeah, I get that and am always very courteous when dealing with law enforcement ( learned the hard way at 18. Similar story to yours LB. I was passenger in car, we got pulled over and my buddy who was driving was drunker than I was. I shot off my mouth, he stayed quiet. He got out in 4 hours after bail was posted. Mine was posted earlier than his but I spent the entire next day in jail; seems my paperwork got misplaced. . His DWI even disappeared by the time he got to court and was never charged. I got a PI charge and was fined. Lesson learned.) I don't consider them to be actual law enforcement, but i do comply with all of their requests. It is a condition of my employment and required to keep my security clearances. I just like to tweak them up a bit when the opp arises.

I just get annoyed that they need to hassle us when they have a gaping hole in the net right behind them. I have a gate I drive through to access the airfield. It's not manned and every service vehicle and caterer uses it. I could drive through it in one of our golf carts, with a stinger missile on my shoulder and I could drive to the edge of the runway, shoot down a plane, all unchecked. Gaping hole. And they are putting a microscope on me. Yeah, I see what I did there.

I did get a phone call from my boss within 5 minutes of the incident happening. My boss got a call from his boss, who had gotten called by his boss! Someone took the incident pretty seriously.

Edited by mdg2003 2015-11-06 8:11 PM
2015-11-06 8:21 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003 Yeah, I get that and am always very courteous when dealing with law enforcement ( learned the hard way at 18. Similar story to yours LB. I was passenger in car, we got pulled over and my buddy who was driving was drunker than I was. I shot off my mouth, he stayed quiet. He got out in 4 hours after bail was posted. Mine was posted earlier than his but I spent the entire next day in jail; seems my paperwork got misplaced. . His DWI even disappeared by the time he got to court and was never charged. I got a PI charge and was fined. Lesson learned.) I don't consider them to be actual law enforcement, but i do comply with all of their requests. It is a condition of my employment and required to keep my security clearances. I just like to tweak them up a bit when the opp arises. I just get annoyed that they need to hassle us when they have a gaping hole in the net right behind them. I have a gate I drive through to access the airfield. It's not manned and every service vehicle and caterer uses it. I could drive through it in one of our golf carts, with a stinger missile on my shoulder and I could drive to the edge of the runway, shoot down a plane, all unchecked. Gaping hole. And they are putting a microscope on me. Yeah, I see what I did there. I did get a phone call from my boss within 5 minutes of the incident happening. My boss got a call from his boss, who had gotten called by his boss! Someone took the incident pretty seriously.

You're on the "watch list".  LMAO

Now they'll probably get your IP address, then see us talking and get mine.....next thing you know, your boss is calling my boss. 

Edited by Left Brain 2015-11-06 8:22 PM
2015-11-06 8:33 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChrisM

That said....

great advice.  I learned long ago that you can't beat the ride, but you can beat the rap later.   In other words comply with anything they tell you to do and worry about "making it right" later on in a courtroom.

2015-11-07 9:56 AM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

The TSA personnel are in full panic mode because they just realized that this extra time they are having to spend out on the tarmac watching people there is eating into the time they can dedicate to their theft racket, at least until they can hire some more felons to watch the tarmac.

2015-11-09 10:43 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Left Brain

The only "adverse" advice I give my kids is to ALWAYS respectfully say no if a cop asks to search your car, your house, or your person.

Even if they feel they have nothing to hide? Is planting evidence a far too often occurrence or just more safety because you never know what they might find.

2015-11-09 10:51 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

once you open the trunk you open the door for a really shite day

2015-11-09 12:08 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Tejas
Apparently the fun isn't over yet. My boss is waiting to hear from his boss about the incident. Apparently even though the TSA has dropped it, my company feels a need to pursue it a little deeper. I guess all that OT I worked this weekend is about to get wiped out with a suspension!! ;(
2015-11-09 1:26 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro

Originally posted by chirunner134

Even if they feel they have nothing to hide? Is planting evidence a far too often occurrence or just more safety because you never know what they might find.

There are many kids in and out of my kid's cars......I have no idea what may have been left inside inadvertently.   Besides, it's just a really good idea not to give the Police too much power.....some don't handle it well.  Your rights are in place for a reason, you should exercise them.

2015-11-09 1:36 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by chirunner134

There are many kids in and out of my kid's cars......I have no idea what may have been left inside inadvertently.   Besides, it's just a really good idea not to give the Police too much power.....some don't handle it well.  Your rights are in place for a reason, you should exercise them.

big +1

Fortunately it didn't pass, but the idiot senators in Nebraska tried passing a law a few years back that made you guilty of possession of a concealed handgun even if you had ammunition in your car.  The way it was written allowed for even a single spent shell casing to be considered a "weapon".  Can you imagine your teenage kid driving the car and they find a spent casing.  go directly to jail do not pass go.

The point is, you don't know what kind of stupid laws or city statutes there are, so the easy way out is to simply refuse consent for a search.  If they have a warrant or probable cause, then by all means get out of their way.  If not, then politely refuse.

2015-11-12 11:52 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Tejas
I guess the smoke has cleared and I'm not getting disciplined. Seems the TSA did elevate the complaint to the Director level in my company. Alas, I haven't been in that particular Director's food chain for over 5 years now so he really didn't give a rip. While it is impressive that the TSA was able to find who I used to work five years ago, it does not look all that impressive when you consider their information on me is 5 years old. Now I understand hoe people on the no fly list get on airplanes.

Maybe I should go visit the TSA today and offer to help them update my profile. Surely no harm would come from offering the TSA an olive branch.

2015-11-12 3:44 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Two lines at the airport;  One, slow moving, has TSA Agents dutifully wasting your time with "meaningless" searches.  The other-no security at all-Zero. 

And if it saves just ONE LIFE, I'm STILL getting in the TSA line. 

Are You??

2015-11-12 4:47 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Two lines at the airport;  One, slow moving, has TSA Agents dutifully wasting your time with "meaningless" searches.  The other-no security at all-Zero. 

Are You??

Reading between the lines, it appears you just said that you're a danger and need to be searched.  TSA should be at your house within the hour with a no knock warrant.  

2015-11-12 6:22 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Tejas

Are You??

Both lines as you described DO exist at my airport. There's a slow TSA line that keeps the sheep from entering the 'secure area' with sharp pointy things and cigarette lighters. There's another line (several actually) that all the airport workers use. It's wide open and anyone can enter, un-checked, with anything. The catering trucks come and go, un-checked. Maintenance, cleaners, the barista at Starbucks.

Let's pretend one of the catering truck drivers decides to blow up an airplane or two. All he has to do, is bring his bombs from home, punch the clock and get in his catering truck. Distribute several bombs on several different flights via the food service carts. Get back in his car and disappear before shiite starts falling out of the sky from his handiwork. You went through the meaningless search line at TSA, he didn't. Your plane got blown the **** out of the sky and he's across the border in Mexico before anyone figures out what happened. You really aren't safe, ARE YOU?
2015-11-12 6:26 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003

Are You??

Both lines as you described DO exist at my airport. There's a slow TSA line that keeps the sheep from entering the 'secure area' with sharp pointy things and cigarette lighters. There's another line (several actually) that all the airport workers use. It's wide open and anyone can enter, un-checked, with anything. The catering trucks come and go, un-checked. Maintenance, cleaners, the barista at Starbucks. Let's pretend one of the catering truck drivers decides to blow up an airplane or two. All he has to do, is bring his bombs from home, punch the clock and get in his catering truck. Distribute several bombs on several different flights via the food service carts. Get back in his car and disappear before shiite starts falling out of the sky from his handiwork. You went through the meaningless search line at TSA, he didn't. Your plane got blown the **** out of the sky and he's across the border in Mexico before anyone figures out what happened. You really aren't safe, ARE YOU?

Why do you hate Mexico?

2015-11-12 6:34 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by mdg2003

Are You??

Both lines as you described DO exist at my airport. There's a slow TSA line that keeps the sheep from entering the 'secure area' with sharp pointy things and cigarette lighters. There's another line (several actually) that all the airport workers use. It's wide open and anyone can enter, un-checked, with anything. The catering trucks come and go, un-checked. Maintenance, cleaners, the barista at Starbucks. Let's pretend one of the catering truck drivers decides to blow up an airplane or two. All he has to do, is bring his bombs from home, punch the clock and get in his catering truck. Distribute several bombs on several different flights via the food service carts. Get back in his car and disappear before shiite starts falling out of the sky from his handiwork. You went through the meaningless search line at TSA, he didn't. Your plane got blown the **** out of the sky and he's across the border in Mexico before anyone figures out what happened. You really aren't safe, ARE YOU?

Why do you hate Mexico?

Who could hate Mexico (except Trump)? They have that delicious cuisine. What do they call that stuff again? It's on the tip of my tongue...

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » TSA is a f***ing joke Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : June 11, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 2
So someone convinced you to get off the couch and truck-it to the finish line. Now what? Here's a look at the process from admiring others to inspiring others.