General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shimano PD M540 - Road bike or off road? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-02 12:52 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Shimano PD M540 - Road bike or off road?
Okay...My bf gave me pedals for my birthday. Shimano PD M540's... so I was going to post a picture on another site, typed them into google, and up pops some info... "Off Road, Mud Shedding, etc ...etc... also used by road cyclist and century riders".

My question is: Are these for road bikes/triathlons? They are still in the box uninstalled, so I can take them back, but am not sure if I need to or not. Help?

2006-09-02 1:08 PM
in reply to: #529441

User image

Master
brummie land
Subject: RE: Shimano PD M540 - Road bike or off road?

you can use them on road bikes but generally road bike pedals have a wide platform. its something to do with the nature of the shoes...according to my lbs.

also i'd be very wary of picking one type of pedal/cleat system without trying it out first - i had look pedals/cleats and they exacerbated itb problems i wsa having. same with spd's. i'm now on crank brothers and they are fine

very sweet of your bf but i'd advise going to your lbs and trying out some different types. a good lbs will let you take them for a test ride.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shimano PD M540 - Road bike or off road? Rss Feed