Other Resources The Political Joe » Republican Party,,,,,,,,,,, NOT very democratic,,,,,,,, either Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-16 5:40 PM

User image

Subject: Republican Party,,,,,,,,,,, NOT very democratic,,,,,,,, either

I heard this earlier today and I'm paraphrasing here, but again the media confusing the population yet again,,,,, by implying to the public that voters pic the nominee when in fact it is the party that picks the nominee. 

And the dolts in DC and the "establishment" pubs can't figure out why the guy that both parties hate so much is doing so well,,,,,, and we let them run the country. 

Here is the video,,,,,, the earlier voice sounds like Mittens but I'm not sure. 

2016-03-16 7:22 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Republican Party,,,,,,,,,,, NOT very democratic,,,,,,,, either

This whole deal is headed for a fiery crash.  My money says all hell breaks loose in Cleveland.

2016-03-16 7:30 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Originally posted by Left Brain

This whole deal is headed for a fiery crash.  My money says all hell breaks loose in Cleveland.

I won't be surprised either. I said several weeks ago and I don't recall if it was here or on another Tri site, but I think some in the "establishment" would rather see Hillary win, with the belief that they power would be easier to maintain than if Trump ran and won. I think if they thought Trump would lose in the general election they wouldn't be hard pressed to stop him. Long story short, I think the worst thing for the Republican establishment would be a successful and fruitful Trump presidency. 

2016-03-17 10:38 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by crusevegas

I won't be surprised either. I said several weeks ago and I don't recall if it was here or on another Tri site, but I think some in the "establishment" would rather see Hillary win, with the belief that they power would be easier to maintain than if Trump ran and won. I think if they thought Trump would lose in the general election they wouldn't be hard pressed to stop him. Long story short, I think the worst thing for the Republican establishment would be a successful and fruitful Trump presidency. 

I think I read somewhere that someone in the GOP said that explicitly (I forget who it was--Priebus, maybe?)-- that it would be better to try to uphold and defend the ideals of the "One True Conservative Party", even if it meant losing this election, in the hope that the GOP can rally around a central ideology that could be more inspiring in future elections.
2016-03-17 10:42 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

Long story short, I think the worst thing for the Republican establishment would be a successful and fruitful Trump presidency. 

Yeah I think we would have 4 years of NOTHING. I think Trump would unite congress against him and NOTHING would get done. Hey then again maybe they would learn to compromise and pass bills that are strong enough to override any veto.
2016-03-17 12:38 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I think I read somewhere that someone in the GOP said that explicitly (I forget who it was--Priebus, maybe?)-- that it would be better to try to uphold and defend the ideals of the "One True Conservative Party", even if it meant losing this election, in the hope that the GOP can rally around a central ideology that could be more inspiring in future elections.

Yeah, Priebus has been on the record multiple times saying that whoever the people supports is who the nominee will be.  The only way it won't be Trump is if there's a brokered convention and they take it from him.  If that happens, the republicans will get their lowest turnout ever and/or Trump will run third party.  Either way will be a disaster.

2016-04-18 7:19 PM

User image

Buttercup

Read this weekend that the city of Cleveland has ordered 2,000 riot gear kits.

2016-04-18 7:37 PM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Renee

Yeah, and when the bill comes in for this deal no city will sign up for the next one......why would they?

2016-04-18 9:59 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Yeah, and when the bill comes in for this deal no city will sign up for the next one......why would they?

i vote we have both at the same time in St Louis next time. 

2016-04-18 10:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

i vote we have both at the same time in St Louis next time. 

Fine with me.....I should be about 3 months gone by then.....tear it up!!!

If I never stand in a riot line again it'll be fine with me.  It's nothing more than a perfect storm of stupidity......on every side.  I feel for Cleveland, and I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-04-18 10:17 PM
2016-04-19 10:08 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

If I never stand in a riot line again it'll be fine with me.  It's nothing more than a perfect storm of stupidity......on every side.  I feel for Cleveland, and I hope I'm wrong.

I can't image how intense that is. I think I rather be on the cop's side then the protester / rioter side.

Todd

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Republican Party,,,,,,,,,,, NOT very democratic,,,,,,,, either Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Democratic Party,,,,, NOT very democratic

Started by crusevegas
Views: 767 Posts: 15

2016-02-23 8:32 PM crusevegas

Democratic debate Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tuwood
Views: 5658 Posts: 80

2015-12-20 5:31 PM Left Brain

Republican debate Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by tuwood
Views: 10414 Posts: 187

2016-02-26 6:12 PM jeffnboise

Republicans are LOSING! Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 10441 Posts: 139

2013-11-25 10:28 AM jeffnboise

IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by DanielG
Views: 8186 Posts: 95

2013-07-19 12:03 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : June 7, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 3
Clearing my head after failing to finish
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : May 7, 2008
author : katzchen55
comments : 3
My thanks to the triathlete community for being there when I need you. That’s the beautiful thing about triathletes. None of us are all right, and no one expects anyone else to be.
date : May 6, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussions on increasing your swim pace, free golf, bilateral breathing, paddle or fin usage, to kick or not to kick, dizziness, ocean swims and sighting.

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.