General Discussion Triathlon Talk » shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-05 10:33 PM

Subject: shoes
I just finished my first HIM, and I was still using a pair of low end cycling shoes (shimano). I am looking to upgrade to a better quality shoe, but would like to have some advice from the folks here at BT.

Please share your experience with cycling and/or tri shoes, and how you use them. brands, type clipless design etc....

2016-04-05 11:05 PM
in reply to: #5175675

Subject: RE: shoes
Really depends on your foot. I like LG tri shoes, personally, because they fit my jacked up, broken feet really well, but your results may vary.
2016-04-06 8:07 AM
in reply to: davejustdave

User image

New user
madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by davejustdave

Really depends on your foot. I like LG tri shoes, personally, because they fit my jacked up, broken feet really well, but your results may vary.

+1
I think you should be less concerned about "what is best" and really concerned about what feels best on your foot. I ride in Pearl Izumi shoes which probably wouldn't be considered very high end. But I can ride in them all day without my feet screaming at me so that's really all that I care about.
Also, shoes are one of those items that online retailers put on sale very frequently. Might keep an eye out for those sales.
2016-04-06 8:57 AM
in reply to: pwoolson

I guess best is not the right term, but I consider the same for my regular shoes. I can spend $50 for some dressy looking shoes that fit nice, but are terrible for my feet after a few weeks or months wearing them. So, I go and find a similar pair that are well built and cost $300 and I know why i spent the extra money.

Let me ask this. Are there better built shoes that seem to prevent things like hotspots or material that is better built, lighter, stiffer rebuildable?

The toughest part is going to LBS where I live, you get very few options in brands. I have not seen a tri shoe in these stores either. How can you compare without the options. shoes are very particular I know, so online shopping is probably going to get expensive unless you can return for free and just order many pairs at a time to test out.

what about width? I have somewhat of an average foot, maybe slightly wider, but i don't buy wide shoes. brands that may be a better look at because of this since most shoes seem to be a little narrow.

Thanks for help!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » shoes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri shoes as only bike shoes?

Started by tkbslc
Views: 1308 Posts: 16

2007-02-28 12:55 PM jpb0009

Running shoes vs. Bike Shoes

Started by benihana
Views: 1517 Posts: 9

2006-06-27 1:01 PM Lucy

TRI SHOES SPECIALIZED Trivent Triathlon Shoe

Started by gammy999
Views: 741 Posts: 2

2006-02-23 11:51 AM Daremo

Triathlon shoe or road shoe?

Started by Dtraining
Views: 1580 Posts: 14

2006-02-01 9:48 AM davidb

Shoes or no shoes

Started by supplymtnbkr
Views: 575 Posts: 2

2004-08-13 10:02 AM PGoldberger
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 5, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
So, since my beloved go-to shoe brand has changed its shoe, after reading the bruhaha about the minimalist shoe, I decided to give it a try. Now I have a foot issue with my arch area.

date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you
date : November 2, 2011
comments : 4
A doctor's take on how to safely transition to minimalist shoes and how to treat existing injuries

date : March 23, 2011
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.
date : May 30, 2005
author : Ontherun
Taking care of your equipment is very important, especially on a limited budget. The following are a few reminders of how to get your equipment to last as long as possible.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Don Magie
Whether your bike is new, new to you, or you have not been on the bike for a long time, you really should spend some time thinking about how your bike fits you.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types