General Discussion Triathlon Talk » support from home Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-05 8:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mountains of Colorado!
Subject: support from home

i just want to take a second and thank my beautiful wife wendy varr for being my iron sherpa... supporting me in every way...dealing with 4:30am runs, all day saturday bike rides and yes the long ows... she deals with wet nasty clothes, weird nutritional needs, and me being gone to various tri's... she takes care of our two kids 6 and 3 yr olds...she is always smiling... finally this weekend is my iron event and after that i can try a give her a well earned break..anyway she is an iron woman and i have now come to think that my race and all i have done in preparation pales compared to what she has had to cope with....

"wendy you're my hero, my ironwoman, and i love you"

let's hear from you guys about your peeps... 

2006-09-05 9:05 AM
in reply to: #530751

User image

Expert
Mt. Morris, IL
Subject: RE: support from home

I cannot even begin to imagine how much my wife has given up for me compete in IM MOO this year, so I thought I would start a list (some are repeats of others).

1. 8:30pm bedtime so I can get up for morning workouts. 
  2. What I calculate to be about $10,000 in money we didn’t have to spend on a new bike, accessories, shoes, clothing, books, races, nutrition, and hotels. 
  3. A general OBSESSION with anything related to triathlons. 
  4. Spending more time with Bessie (my bike) than her. 
  5. Lack of social life because I quit drinking and want to be in bed by 10:00 on the weekends. 
  6. She picked up some of the household duties that I no longer had time to complete. 
  7. Put up with my crabbiness when I had a bad workout or race. 
  8. Drove SAG for me on my 160-mile point-to-point long ride while having our two golden retrievers in the car.

I am sure she could add 20 or 30 more things to the list.  The part that makes it great is that she has NO interest in triathlon, but is supportive anyway. 

Thanks You So much!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » support from home Rss Feed