User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Election 2016

OK, just what if'n here....if Hillary drops out of the race:

1.  Tim Kaine to the top of the ticket?

2.  Chelsea Clinton?

3.  Biden?

It's up to the DNC......to me, Biden makes the most sense.....he has more name recognition than Kaine and is likable.  The question is, at what point and on what criteria does one 'pull the plug". 

Need to do something quick before us 'deplorables' take over the country....

2016-09-12 11:57 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio

2.  Chelsea Clinton?

3.  Biden?

It's up to the DNC......to me, Biden makes the most sense.....he has more name recognition than Kaine and is likable.  The question is, at what point and on what criteria does one 'pull the plug". 

I've had pneumonia before - twice, and a blood clot more serious than hers   I recovered.  I don't see any reason she would drop out.  I do think Kaine is going to have to pick up the slack as far as the campaign and fundraisers go.  He needs to be full throttle so that she can be 100% for the debates later on.

As to your 3 options -- none of them were democratic primary candidates.  If she dropped out, the DNC would have to seriously consider Sanders for better or worse.

2016-09-12 12:39 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by spudone

2.  Chelsea Clinton?

3.  Biden?

I've had pneumonia before - twice, and a blood clot more serious than hers   I recovered.  I don't see any reason she would drop out.  I do think Kaine is going to have to pick up the slack as far as the campaign and fundraisers go.  He needs to be full throttle so that she can be 100% for the debates later on.

As to your 3 options -- none of them were democratic primary candidates.  If she dropped out, the DNC would have to seriously consider Sanders for better or worse.

I was thinking the same thing. She need to go to some retreat with her doctor and her debate prep team and spend 100% of her time either preparing for the debate or sleeping/resting.  Let Bill and Obama stump for her.  Polls may sag a little but if she comes back and nails the debates all of this will have been forgotten.  She needs to be 100% in the debate....healthy, practiced and sharp.  It won't look good if half way into a debate she fell over and had to be carried off.

Article I read said the really are no rules as to who the DNC has to put up.....basically, they'd be writing the rules as they go.

But I agree, as long as what they are saying is true, she should be ok in 2 weeks for the first debate.  If they are still lying.....

This reminds me of the scientologist who told the congregation her husband was sick.  They told her he was not sick, he just THINKS he is sick.  The next week she came to service without him again and they asked about him.  She said, "He thinks he is dead." 

2016-09-12 12:45 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Article I read said the really are no rules as to who the DNC has to put up.....basically, they'd be writing the rules as they go.

I just meant from the perspective of retaining voters and motivation.  If Hillary dropped out AND Bernie still wasn't the nominee, the party would probably lose every Bernie supporter, forever.

Edited by spudone 2016-09-12 12:46 PM
2016-09-12 12:57 PM

Master
, California

Conspiracy theory: Hillary's team decides to toss the press a bone.  They pick pneumonia, which usually has a complete recovery in a few weeks.  This has the effect of killing off all the other wild speculation conservative networks have been making on her health.  Good strategy?

(I don't really think that happened, but it's interesting to consider)

2016-09-12 1:11 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Conspiracy theory: Hillary's team decides to toss the press a bone.  They pick pneumonia, which usually has a complete recovery in a few weeks.  This has the effect of killing off all the other wild speculation conservative networks have been making on her health.  Good strategy?

You may be correct, but if it's something more serious it will have serious implications if it was yet another cover lie.She probably does have pneumonia, but I suspect there's something bigger that they're still trying to hide. What spoke more to me was how her staff reacted to yesterday. If anyone I know siezes and collapses, I'm freaking out and taking them to the hospital. Everyone around Hillary acted like this was a regular occurrence and they knew exactly what to do and it didn't involve a hospital. They took her to her daughters apartment?

2016-09-12 1:43 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I like it.  Impossible to disprove.  So maybe she also has hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto's or some lasting effect of the head injury. 

How long has she been having coughing spells?  She had a few fits in during the Benghazi hearings and that was a year ago.  She had an incident where she had to run off stage and go to the potty during one of the Bernie debates.....kinda hard to tied these events to the current diagnosis of pneumonia....how longs does pneumonia last anyway?

All she needs to do is survive the next 85 days of so and it's all over and she can rest. I just hope they don't kill her pushing her to do more than her health warrants. 

2016-09-12 5:56 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I like it.  Impossible to disprove.  So maybe she also has hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto's or some lasting effect of the head injury. 

How long has she been having coughing spells?  She had a few fits in during the Benghazi hearings and that was a year ago.  She had an incident where she had to run off stage and go to the potty during one of the Bernie debates.....kinda hard to tied these events to the current diagnosis of pneumonia....how longs does pneumonia last anyway?

All she needs to do is survive the next 85 days of so and it's all over and she can rest. I just hope they don't kill her pushing her to do more than her health warrants. 

I had a thought about the Presidential race in general that's getting exposed a little with Hillary's health.  We always talk about politicians being "bought and paid for", but they do have a lot of people who put a lot of money into their campaigns so there has to be an enormous amount of pressure to succeed.

Hillary truly is trying to campaign and her body is obviously not able to keep up at the pace necessary.  I worry that the external pressures of trying to hide any illness and circle around her are simply doing whatever it takes to keep her going even if it is damaging to her personal health.
I can't stand the woman in almost any sense, but I truly feel for her because she needs to take some time to heal up, but due to the election it's impossible for her to do so.

2016-09-13 10:14 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

SO no posts about the body double and a HRC look alike coming out of her daughters apartment???? 

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/12/hillarys-body-double-trends-previously-limp-clinton-spryly-pops-daughters-apartment-389655

LOL, it's too good to miss

2016-09-13 10:46 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

SO no posts about the body double and a HRC look alike coming out of her daughters apartment???? 

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/12/hillarys-body-double-trends-previously-limp-clinton-spryly-pops-daughters-apartment-389655

Makes about as much sense as anything else.

2016-09-13 10:51 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by jford2309

Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Some days I just love the internet. 

The no security entourage is a little interesting body double or not.  The funny part about Hillary is that she's so fake that it makes it easy to believe stuff like this. 

2016-09-13 12:04 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Years ago I remember reading about hydration on BT and someone mentioned intercellular water and intracellular water....or some such term.  I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right but it seems it is easy to get the blood rehydrated but it takes longer to get cells rehydrated.

I remember 100+ mile bike rides where I'd get dehydrated and it would wipe me out for most of the day.  It took several hours to feel normal again.

All that to say I thought it was odd that she would pop out to say, "See, I'm ok." such a short time later.

2016-09-13 12:25 PM

User image

Pro

My bet is she's diabetic......and everyone in her crew knows it, including the secret service.  Does anyone really think that the leading candidate to be the next POTUS can pass out and the secret service will just strap her/him into their seat and drive to a daughter's apartment??  That's absolutely laughable.  She has a condition that all of her "handlers" know about......that's not meant to be conspiratorial......it's just common sense.

2016-09-13 12:48 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Left Brain

My bet is she's diabetic......and everyone in her crew knows it, including the secret service.  Does anyone really think that the leading candidate to be the next POTUS can pass out and the secret service will just strap her/him into their seat and drive to a daughter's apartment??  That's absolutely laughable.  She has a condition that all of her "handlers" know about......that's not meant to be conspiratorial......it's just common sense.

I agree.  I think she has Hashimoto's.  It is well known she had hyperthyroidism....they admitted that.  One of the effects of Hashimotos is goiter.....or an inflamed larynx.  This might explain the coughing when she speaks too much.

Or maybe she had both Hashimotos and diabeties.  If her blood sugar dropped that would explain the collapse and also explain the speedy recovery.

OTOH, she may just be suffering from rectalcranial  disproportion....IOW, she had her head up her bum.    (sorry, couldn't resist)

2016-09-13 1:33 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I agree.  I think she has Hashimoto's.  It is well known she had hyperthyroidism....they admitted that.  One of the effects of Hashimotos is goiter.....or an inflamed larynx.  This might explain the coughing when she speaks too much.

Or maybe she had both Hashimotos and diabeties.  If her blood sugar dropped that would explain the collapse and also explain the speedy recovery.

OTOH, she may just be suffering from rectalcranial  disproportion....IOW, she had her head up her bum.    (sorry, couldn't resist)

Honestly none of us know so it leads to all the internet speculation.

Speculation I've seen lately:
The new blue glasses are common with people to avoid seizures outside due to them blocking red light. 
She has had a doctor by her side almost the entire campaign and now a nurse.  Seems a little odd for pneumonia just being diagnosed on Friday.
She has been coughing for years and it's progressively getting worse.  The campaign continues to spin it as allergies and now pneumonia.
The secret service detail has obviously seen her seize/pass out before because it was business as usual when she went out and they threw her in the van like a sack of potatoes.
If Hillary was really diagnosed with pneumonia (which is highly contagious) on Friday, then why are there pictures of her holding and kissing babies on Saturday.
Bill let the cat out of the bag yesterday that she has passed out on multiple occasions over time and blamed it on dehydration.

No matter what the cause is, this is not helping her campaign in any way and Trumps doing the right thing politically and just letting this story play itself out.

2016-09-13 1:47 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by tuwood

Honestly none of us know so it leads to all the internet speculation.

Speculation I've seen lately:
The new blue glasses are common with people to avoid seizures outside due to them blocking red light. 
She has had a doctor by her side almost the entire campaign and now a nurse.  Seems a little odd for pneumonia just being diagnosed on Friday.
She has been coughing for years and it's progressively getting worse.  The campaign continues to spin it as allergies and now pneumonia.
The secret service detail has obviously seen her seize/pass out before because it was business as usual when she went out and they threw her in the van like a sack of potatoes.
If Hillary was really diagnosed with pneumonia (which is highly contagious) on Friday, then why are there pictures of her holding and kissing babies on Saturday.
Bill let the cat out of the bag yesterday that she has passed out on multiple occasions over time and blamed it on dehydration.

No matter what the cause is, this is not helping her campaign in any way and Trumps doing the right thing politically and just letting this story play itself out.

I was wondering about the John Lennon glasses. 

The problem with lies is you end up having to tell more lies to cover your previous lies.....eventually the whole house of cards collapses. 

You brought up a good point the other day about her being 'bought and paid for'.....and all that money people have given to get her elected and given to the Clinton Foundation with the promise of quid pro quo when she got elected POTUS.  I'm sure there is tremendous amount of pressure to make sure she gets elected.....which might cause her to push herself too hard till she blows a gasket....like she almost did Sunday.

2016-09-13 1:54 PM

User image

Pro

She's not saying......and she sure as hell ain't asking for Trump's tax returns.  LMAO

2016-09-13 2:08 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Do you think Bill is doing the double?

2016-09-14 9:21 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Colin Powell comes out with a ringing endorsement of Hillary:

"Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris." - Powell

“I told you about the gig I lost at a University because she so overcharged them they came under heat and couldn’t any fees for awhile. I should send her a bill.” - Powell

These email hacks bring a whole new dimension to politics unlike we've ever seen before

2016-09-14 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
You forgot to add:

• ..and he had this to say about Trump:

• "Leaked emails from former Secretary of State Colin Powell show him strongly criticizing Donald Trump, labeling him a "national disgrace and an international pariah."

He also called the birther movement, which the Republican presidential nominee helped lead, "racist."

"That's what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn't keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim," Powell wrote in an August email."
    2016-09-14 9:55 AM
    in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Originally posted by ejshowers You forgot to add: ...and he had this to say about Trump: "Leaked emails from former Secretary of State Colin Powell show him strongly criticizing Donald Trump, labeling him a "national disgrace and an international pariah." He also called the birther movement, which the Republican presidential nominee helped lead, "racist." "That's what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn't keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim," Powell wrote in an August email."

Also - "He appeals to the worst angels of the GOP nature and poor white folks." "For him to say that within 4 years he would have 95% of blacks voting for him is schizo fantasy." "Trump has no sense of shame." "Benghazi is a stupid witch hunt." Ok, so that last one isn't about Trump.

2016-09-14 10:08 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Powell has been very open about his disdain for Trump, so that's no surprise.  However, his comments about Hillary have been held close. He hasn't endorsed her, but he hasn't spoken out about her either.
    We get to see what he really thinks of her via the emails which is good for people to know.

**edit to fix typo

Edited by tuwood 2016-09-14 10:14 AM
    2016-09-14 10:10 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Power has been very open about his disdain for Trump, so that's no surprise.  However, his comments about Hillary have been held close. He hasn't endorsed her, but he hasn't spoken out about her either.
    We get to see what he really thinks of her via the emails which is good for people to know.

Did you forget he's a Republican? Why would he have ever endorsed her? If anything, the fact that he's kept his opinions about Hillary quiet tells how much he must dislike his party's candidate.

2016-09-14 10:15 AM
    in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Power has been very open about his disdain for Trump, so that's no surprise.  However, his comments about Hillary have been held close. He hasn't endorsed her, but he hasn't spoken out about her either.

Did you forget he's a Republican? Why would he have ever endorsed her? If anything, the fact that he's kept his opinions about Hillary quiet tells how much he must dislike his party's candidate.

In name only.  he endorsed Obama twice and has been a long time advocate of Liberal causes. 
    He's even said that the only reason he hasn't switched parties is to annoy the RNC.

2016-09-14 10:32 AM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

In name only.  he endorsed Obama twice and has been a long time advocate of Liberal causes. 
    He's even said that the only reason he hasn't switched parties is to annoy the RNC.

He says he's a Republican, so I'll take him at his word. Plus he'll be forever associated with Bush & Cheney. I think him having strong opinions (positive or negative) about a Republican candidate carry a lot more weight than any strong opinions he might have on a Democrat candidate.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
    Views: 1191 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
    Views: 2707 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
    Views: 1284 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
    Views: 6182 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
    Views: 1609 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : October 31, 2004
    author : infosteward
    comments : 0
    Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.