2016-08-02 1:10 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Election 2016
Originally posted by 3mar

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy btw, are any Right-leaning folks going to call out The Donald on his b.s. handling of McCain and the Khans, or is it just easier to ignore it?
I'm thinking that this one might be the nail in the coffin. Of all the crazy, outrages things Trump has said that never seem to stick, this one might be too much for his teflon.

Yeah, this is the one.  LOL 

How many people have said that emphatically over the last year? 

Democrats only needed to look as far as Ft Hood to find a Muslim who was a Captain in the Army to come to speak.  And maybe the parent of the 12 innocent people he killed or the 31 he wounded could tell us how patriotic Muslims are.  Muslims are WAY under represented in the military!  The fact is, when you use your dead son to make political speeches you are bound to get hurt.

They might should have vetted this family a little better.....

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Never trust a Klingon!

Oops. My bad. A Muslim in the army killed some people, therefore all Muslims in the army are bad and we shouldn't feel bad for this one. Oh, and his father worked for a law firm helping people immigrate, through a system that was not in any way created or maintained by him, yet it is seen as possibly corrupt. So let's discredit the fact that his son died. Right. So this system is corrupt, but let's not look at those that created and regulated it. Let's pick on this guy. I mean, a Muslim killed some people in fort hood, so, I mean, his son kind of deserved to die, right? pffft...rather than fold up the American flag when they handed it to his parents at his funeral, they should have just shot it out of one of those t-shirt guns like at baseball games. They didn't deserve it anyway. I mean as long as a Muslim in the army did something bad, then we shouldn't lose any sleep when another dies.

Duuuuuuuuude....what the hell is wrong with you?

"never trust a klingon"...you're talking about someone who died in the line of service. Stop. Think.
2016-08-02 1:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy btw, are any Right-leaning folks going to call out The Donald on his b.s. handling of McCain and the Khans, or is it just easier to ignore it?
I'm thinking that this one might be the nail in the coffin. Of all the crazy, outrages things Trump has said that never seem to stick, this one might be too much for his teflon.

Democrats only needed to look as far as Ft Hood to find a Muslim who was a Captain in the Army to come to speak.  And maybe the parent of the 12 innocent people he killed or the 31 he wounded could tell us how patriotic Muslims are.  Muslims are WAY under represented in the military!  The fact is, when you use your dead son to make political speeches you are bound to get hurt.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Never trust a Klingon!

Oops. My bad. A Muslim in the army killed some people, therefore all Muslims in the army are bad and we shouldn't feel bad for this one. Oh, and his father worked for a law firm helping people immigrate, through a system that was not in any way created or maintained by him, yet it is seen as possibly corrupt. So let's discredit the fact that his son died. Right. So this system is corrupt, but let's not look at those that created and regulated it. Let's pick on this guy. I mean, a Muslim killed some people in fort hood, so, I mean, his son kind of deserved to die, right? pffft...rather than fold up the American flag when they handed it to his parents at his funeral, they should have just shot it out of one of those t-shirt guns like at baseball games. They didn't deserve it anyway. I mean as long as a Muslim in the army did something bad, then we shouldn't lose any sleep when another dies. Duuuuuuuuude....what the hell is wrong with you? "never trust a klingon"...you're talking about someone who died in the line of service. Stop. Think.

I have no problem with the man who died in service to this country just have millions of young men and women.  I have a problem with the parents of the fallen using their dead son to make political speeches.  I think they dishonor their son much the same way Cindy Sheehan did.

All your hyperbole is exactly what Clinton and Kahn did. "Oh, so a Muslim died in service to his country that means all Muslims are good and patriotic and peaceful. We have nothing to fear from ISIS.  I mean, hey we found the parents of a Muslim who died fighting for the US......cry a little with us as we use these grieving parent to rip at your heart string and manipulate you sheep.  You have nothing to fear letting 10,000 Syrian Muslim refugees come into the country unvetted....we will even put mom up here but not let her speak as is the Muslim way".......uh....better scratch that last part from the Clinton narrative.

What is wrong with you dude?  You are being played......

SMH 

Keep in mind that Kahn was in Iraq and got killed in the war that Clinton voted for.

Edited by Rogillio 2016-08-02 1:52 PM
2016-08-02 1:49 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Dude. You disrespected a father that lost his son. A son that voluntarily went to a foreign country at a time of war for your sorry arse. Do you have kids? Think about what you said.

PS...I don't even support Hilary..so who's being brainwashed?

Edited by 3mar 2016-08-02 1:51 PM
2016-08-02 1:56 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Never trust a Klingon!

Oops. My bad. A Muslim in the army killed some people, therefore all Muslims in the army are bad and we shouldn't feel bad for this one. Oh, and his father worked for a law firm helping people immigrate, through a system that was not in any way created or maintained by him, yet it is seen as possibly corrupt. So let's discredit the fact that his son died. Right. So this system is corrupt, but let's not look at those that created and regulated it. Let's pick on this guy. I mean, a Muslim killed some people in fort hood, so, I mean, his son kind of deserved to die, right? pffft...rather than fold up the American flag when they handed it to his parents at his funeral, they should have just shot it out of one of those t-shirt guns like at baseball games. They didn't deserve it anyway. I mean as long as a Muslim in the army did something bad, then we shouldn't lose any sleep when another dies. Duuuuuuuuude....what the hell is wrong with you? "never trust a klingon"...you're talking about someone who died in the line of service. Stop. Think.

I have no problem with the man who died in service to this country just have millions of young men and women.  I have a problem with the parents of the fallen using their dead son to make political speeches.  I think they dishonor their son much the same way Cindy Sheehan did.

All your hyperbole is exactly what Clinton and Kahn did. "Oh, so a Muslim died in service to his country that means all Muslims are good and patriotic and peaceful. We have nothing to fear from ISIS.  I mean, hey we found the parents of a Muslim who died fighting for the US......cry a little with us as we use these grieving parent to rip at your heart string and manipulate you sheep.  You have nothing to fear letting 10,000 Syrian Muslim refugees come into the country unvetted....we will even put mom up here but not let her speak as is the Muslim way".......uh....better scratch that last part from the Clinton narrative.

SMH 

Boy, that would be scary. Thankfully, Syrian refugees are not permitted in to this country until after they have gone through a very lengthy and thorough vetting process.

2016-08-02 1:59 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

Boy, that would be scary. Thankfully, Syrian refugees are not permitted in to this country until after they have gone through a very lengthy and thorough vetting process.

According to the FBI that vetting process isn't very good though.

2016-08-02 2:02 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

bullchit

2016-08-02 2:05 PM

User image

Pro

Half the kids that crash in my downstairs family room on any random night of the week are Muslims.......those boys are OK with me.  In fact, from my vantage point, we could damn sure use a few more just like them.

2016-08-02 2:06 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

bullchit

“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them.” - FBI director James Comey 

So basically as long as they haven't already done something bad we have no way of knowing that they're bad guys.  I'm not saying that the vetting process doesn't do any good because I'm sure it does but I am saying that it's not as thorough as you guys would like to represent it.

2016-08-02 2:09 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by 3mar Dude. You disrespected a father that lost his son. A son that voluntarily went to a foreign country at a time of war for your sorry arse. Do you have kids? Think about what you said. PS...I don't even support Hilary..so who's being brainwashed?

My sorry arse?  Is that spelling meant to get around the censors so it won't be perceived as a personal attack.  The fact that you attacked me personally means you were offended at my reasoning and that validates my point.

I do have kids.....I served country in the Army.  I served during the first Gulf War......I was stateside but volunteer for deployment to Saudi.  Had the war lasted longer, I would likely have been deployed to Iraq in time of war.  I have life long friends from OBC who served and continue to serve....one of my best friends in life served 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.  My wife also served in the Army....as matter of fact, we met at the Officer Basic Course. 

2016-08-02 2:20 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

Originally posted by 3mar Dude. You disrespected a father that lost his son. A son that voluntarily went to a foreign country at a time of war for your sorry arse. Do you have kids? Think about what you said. PS...I don't even support Hilary..so who's being brainwashed?

My sorry arse?  Is that spelling meant to get around the censors so it won't be perceived as a personal attack.  The fact that you attacked me personally means you were offended at my reasoning and that validates my point.

I do have kids.....I served country in the Army.  I served during the first Gulf War......I was stateside but volunteer for deployment to Saudi.  Had the war lasted longer, I would likely have been deployed to Iraq in time of war.  I have life long friends from OBC who served and continue to serve....one of my best friends in life served 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.  My wife also served in the Army....as matter of fact, we met at the Officer Basic Course. 

Quite frankly that makes your comments all the worse in my opinion. He lost his son. He is also an Muslim immigrant who is being told by Trump he has no business being here, regardless of his sacrifice, I think he has the right to speak his mind.

My dad was a Muslim immigrant. I suppose you don't want me here either.

2016-08-02 2:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Quite frankly that makes your comments all the worse in my opinion. He lost his son. He is also an Muslim immigrant who is being told by Trump he has no business being here, regardless of his sacrifice, I think he has the right to speak his mind. My dad was a Muslim immigrant. I suppose you don't want me here either.

I haven't read all the stuff Trump said, but did he actually say that his parents have no business being here?

2016-08-02 2:25 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by dmiller5

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

bullchit

“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them.” - FBI director James Comey 

So basically as long as they haven't already done something bad we have no way of knowing that they're bad guys.  I'm not saying that the vetting process doesn't do any good because I'm sure it does but I am saying that it's not as thorough as you guys would like to represent it.

Comey made that statement in opposition to a bill that the House passed that would require Comey himself to certify "to the appropriate Congressional Committees that the covered alien is not a threat to the security of the United States." He also followed it up with by saying ""Could I certify to there being no risk associated with an individual? The bureau doesn't take positions on legislation, and we don't get involved in policy decisions. But that practically would be impossible."

Think about what that law was requiring of him, and you'll see that his statements are nothing more than a CYA move against a horribly written law. It didn't say the FBI certifies the alien isn't a threat, it said the Director of the FBI certifies it. 

2016-08-02 2:26 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

Experts say U.S. intelligence in Syria isn't very good, because the U.S. lacks much of a presence on the ground. So there's no way to compile a thorough watch list of possible terrorists from Syria against which refugees can be checked.

Andy Borowitz, presented a “Moderate Syrian Application Form,” in which applicants were asked to describe themselves as either “A) Moderate, B) Very moderate, C) Crazy moderate or D) Other.”

Jon Stewart cracked, “Not everyone is going to be wearing their ‘HELLO I’M A TERRORIST’ name badge.”  

“We’re completely out of our league,” one former CIA vetting expert declared on condition of anonymity, reflecting the consensus of intelligence professionals with firsthand knowledge of the Syrian situation. “To be really honest, very few people know how to vet well. It’s a very specialized skill. It’s extremely difficult to do well” in the best of circumstances, the former operative said. And in Syria it has proved impossible.

Good thing the good folks at BT know better than former CIA agents.

2016-08-02 2:32 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immi...

He has since changed his story a bit (and who says he's not a politician).
2016-08-02 2:34 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
And this one is just peachy. We'll just switch out the stars for the moon on the arm bands.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260727-trump...

2016-08-02 2:40 PM

User image

Pro

Quite frankly that makes your comments all the worse in my opinion. He lost his son. He is also an Muslim immigrant who is being told by Trump he has no business being here, regardless of his sacrifice, I think he has the right to speak his mind. My dad was a Muslim immigrant. I suppose you don't want me here either.

I knew it!!!! 

2016-08-02 2:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

One thing about Muslims is that there's a HUGE difference between Westernized Muslims that we all know and love and the Muslims that are born into the hate dens of the middle east.

I have many Muslim friends and have zero problems with them.  However if any one of us walked down the street in Syria we'd be killed on the spot.  Both are Muslims, but they're extremely different in their interpretation and more importantly application of the Quran.

It's very dangerous to assume that Muslims coming out of Syria and other hotbed terrorist states are going to be the same as peace loving Muslims that have been raised in Nebraska.

The number one job of the President of the United States is to protect our citizens.  OUR citizens, not the worlds citizens.  If you have thousands of people who have sworn that they will kill any infidel and numerous statements made that they will use the refugee crisis to exploit western borders it's moronic to ignore the threat.  Trump certainly didn't do the best in conveying his point up front, but at least he recognizes the threat.  President Obama and Hillary don't even believe there's a threat at all and want to bring tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of refugees to America for whatever reason.

Edited by tuwood 2016-08-02 2:50 PM
2016-08-02 2:48 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Very nice.  Did you serve your country too? 

2016-08-02 2:50 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

Experts say U.S. intelligence in Syria isn't very good, because the U.S. lacks much of a presence on the ground. So there's no way to compile a thorough watch list of possible terrorists from Syria against which refugees can be checked.

Andy Borowitz, presented a “Moderate Syrian Application Form,” in which applicants were asked to describe themselves as either “A) Moderate, B) Very moderate, C) Crazy moderate or D) Other.”

Jon Stewart cracked, “Not everyone is going to be wearing their ‘HELLO I’M A TERRORIST’ name badge.”  

“We’re completely out of our league,” one former CIA vetting expert declared on condition of anonymity, reflecting the consensus of intelligence professionals with firsthand knowledge of the Syrian situation. “To be really honest, very few people know how to vet well. It’s a very specialized skill. It’s extremely difficult to do well” in the best of circumstances, the former operative said. And in Syria it has proved impossible.

So you're justifying your position with a New Yorker satirist, the host of a Comedy Central news show, and an anonymous quote? Awesome. 

Vetting takes 18-24 months. Refugees must clear the State Department, the Department of Homeland, the FBI, Interpol, the DEA, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of the Defense. The process includes background checks, in-depth interviews, interviews with references, biometric and biological screenings. But according to you, they are coming in "unvetted". 

So here's an anonymous quote regarding Syrian refugees “Of all the categories of persons entering the U.S., these refugees are the single most heavily screened and vetted.” Actually it's not anonymous, it's from Jana Mason, senior adviser to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. 

2016-08-02 2:50 PM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Elite
Reno
I quite like my Klingon, thankyouverymuch. And he votes.

2016-08-02 2:53 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

So you're justifying your position with a New Yorker satirist, the host of a Comedy Central news show, and an anonymous quote? Awesome. 

Vetting takes 18-24 months. Refugees must clear the State Department, the Department of Homeland, the FBI, Interpol, the DEA, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of the Defense. The process includes background checks, in-depth interviews, interviews with references, biometric and biological screenings. But according to you, they are coming in "unvetted". 

So here's an anonymous quote regarding Syrian refugees “Of all the categories of persons entering the U.S., these refugees are the single most heavily screened and vetted.” Actually it's not anonymous, it's from Jana Mason, senior adviser to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. 

Just out of curiosity, what is the deal about letting all the Syrians in anyway?  Is it purely humanitarian?

2016-08-02 2:57 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

One thing about Muslims is that there's a HUGE difference between Westernized Muslims that we all know and love and the Muslims that are born into the hate dens of the middle east.

I have many Muslim friends and have zero problems with them.  However if any one of us walked down the street in Syria we'd be killed on the spot.  Both are Muslims, but they're extremely different in their interpretation and more importantly application of the Quran.

It's very dangerous to assume that Muslims coming out of Syria and other hotbed terrorist states are going to be the same as peace loving Muslims that have been raised in Nebraska.

The number one job of the President of the United States is to protect our citizens.  OUR citizens, not the worlds citizens.  If you have thousands of people who have sworn that they will kill any infidel and numerous statements made that they will use the refugee crisis to exploit western borders it's moronic to ignore the threat.  Trump certainly didn't do the best in conveying his point up front, but at least he recognizes the threat.  President Obama and Hillary don't even believe there's a threat at all and want to bring tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of refugees to America for whatever reason.

I agree.  I had a Muslim man who worked for me several years ago who was a prince of a guy!  He was a very kind and thoughtful man and I genuinely liked him.  I don't know if he was a first generation immigrant or second generation but he had a middle eastern accent.  I felt really bad for him that his religion was being hijacked. 

Edited by Rogillio 2016-08-02 3:10 PM
2016-08-02 3:00 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

On a lighter note:

2016-08-02 3:03 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Never trust a Klingon!

SMH 

Well you didn't put much stock in the FBI Director so I thought I'd try John Stewart.

RE the Klingons....

I told my wife the Klinons said "Revenge is a dish best served cold" and She said, no, Machiavelli said that.  I told her he stole it from the Klingons. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1191 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2706 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1283 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6182 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1609 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.