General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Who, what, when and where from AL. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-05 2:36 PM

Subject: Who, what, when and where from AL.
I'm new to it all. All I know is 5k is about 3 miles. I need a mentor that I can somewhat pester. I'll do my own self educating in the meant time. I just need some guiding directions. I use to run a lot at home, (never comp, yrs ago pre 3 kids). But the goal then was to condition for tris. Going tonstart with running first. However I have no clue when or where, how much to condition for a 5k, time allowed for 5k, how much is to much conditions in 1 day? I'm kinda active with AERC endurance groups and attend a few rides a yr as a volunteer. I'm in Central Alabama.

2016-06-07 8:50 PM
in reply to: Gatdenqueen36

User image

Subject: RE: Who, what, when and where from AL.
I'm in a similar boat as you, but perhaps a bit further along. I am planning on doing my first tri next month.

When I started all this, the run portion was (and still is) my weakest sport. The first time I went to run I couldn't make it around the block, which is roughly 2/3 of a mile.

After a while, I found an app for my iphone (probably available for others as well...) called Couch to 5k. This program has 3 workouts a week, with each one getting just a bit harder until you are running a 5k. If you are going to start from scratch with running, I would recommend a program like this. After you get the 5k down, they have a Couch to 10k version as well.

Hope this helps,

J White
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Who, what, when and where from AL. Rss Feed