useless, because (please explain!)1 Votes - [100%]
could be helpful, but I don't need it (why, please explain!)0 Votes - [0%]
sounds interesting!0 Votes - [0%]
great idea, let me know more about it!0 Votes - [0%]

2016-12-05 6:23 PM

User image

Subject: RESTUBE is...?
Hey everyone,

I'm Johannes from Germany (or just 'Joe' here in the US) and for 3 month here in sunny California.

I want to be fully transparent that this has 'commercial content', so let me tell you why I post this here:

A friend of mine from school almost drown kitesurfing and invented RESTUBE. A compact wearable, that provides floatation & visibility when triggered. It already saved over 25 lives and we now start in the US. When I met Rod Havriluk, a researcher in swimming technique, he introduced me to Steve Munatones, who is well known in the open water community. This happened at the USMS national coaches clinic, so I had the chance to talk to many people, also several from Triathlon and there was a very wide positiv feedback from everyone I talked to. One field they saw a special need for RESTUBE was beginners triathlon. They explained me, that many people struggle with the water part, especially when they come from running or cycling. So let me explain for a second why RESTUBE could be helpful for you.

There are two scenarios: in case you want to use it for training you can use it as your piece of min. Just to know that you have additional floatation when needed, you can push it harder. You don't have to worry about a cramp, especially in cold water or if you see someone in trouble to help him, because you might risk your life. Why? The RESTUBE buoy is connect through a leash, so you can hand over the RESTUBE to people in trouble. Also actually something happend, you can use it to wave so people around you will recognise that you need help. (it also includes a whistle in the trigger).
Another scenarios is the actual triathlon. You can get rid of RESTUBE with just one click, so it won't take any time in transit. It is also streamlined, so it might maximal slow you down for a few seconds (we talk to Rod, to measure the drag coefficient to prove that!). The other aspect is why many event organisers work with us as safety partner (over 60 events this year). If you remember your last mass start, it was probably a mess. So when actually something happens and people start to hyperventilate and panic, they can trigger RESTUBE, calm down with their floatation and the yellow buoy makes the kayaker around aware of the problem. To be transparent: if it is that bad that you get hit unconscious it does not help. So see it as additional safety.

It would be great to get your most critical feedback and hear what you think!

Here are two videos to get an idea:
Swim the Island (open water event with over 2000 participants in Italy, everybody is wearing RESTUBE mandatory) https://youtu.be/IXIF2VIiIiA
Open Water review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYZyhNfDho

Best Joe

So my Poll question is:
RESTUBE is...

Edited by Johannes_Berthold 2016-12-05 6:25 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RESTUBE is...? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

need help for client ! hes doing a 10k run 1.5k swim 7k kiyak

Started by adamrochester
Views: 577 Posts: 2

2012-01-09 9:46 PM ubersteiny

Anyone actually rode a 2010 Argon 18???

Started by yeszir1
Views: 866 Posts: 3

2010-02-11 10:00 PM yeszir1

Anyone actually ridden a 2010 Felt yet?!?!?!? Pages: 1 2

Started by trithat
Views: 5379 Posts: 48

2010-03-03 11:26 PM carlwithac

Any HRM actually pick up HR while Swimming?

Started by guppie58
Views: 891 Posts: 7

2009-07-22 2:13 PM jmk-brooklyn

Hate being wet - which sports bra actually dries?

Started by dbw27
Views: 960 Posts: 3

2009-04-12 12:27 PM dbw27
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2008
author : davebass63
comments : 1
A blow by blow description of my first triathlon. Let me start by telling you how I planned for it to go. Though here's what actually occurred.