Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-28 3:47 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: For LB

Attachments
----------------
EF13B0D7-EFE1-4EE4-8BD2-C009111C09B3.jpeg (122KB - 20 downloads)

2018-01-28 6:53 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: For LB

LOL - there is truth there.  I think I've just become old enough to neither care nor worry about all this stuff.  I have found that it really doesn't affect the quality of my life.  I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like.........that's pretty much the end of that.

It's funny because my old dog is exactly the same.  Sometimes she does what I want her to do, and sometimes she's not having it.  I can tell she long ago figured out that I'm not going anywhere and the food and water bowls are still gonna get filled.

2018-01-29 7:39 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Aside from political junkies, of which I consider myself, the vast majority of the country does not give a hoot about politics. Much of America lives paycheck to paycheck and are living their lives, working, going to the gym, taking the kids to band practice, going tot he movies*, training for triathlons, riding 4 wheelers, fishing, etc. 3.6 people watch Meet the Press, the most popular political show. This is 0.9% of the country. I assume the rest of the country is busy with life.

One thing that I think will catch people's attention is when they see extra 'crumbs' in their paychecks. Pelosi said $1,000 was just crumbs but that would buy groceries for a month for most families. Might not mean much to the millionaire politicians like Pelosi but means something to a working class family. Beats a sharp stick in the eye anyway.

* Saw Hostiles yesterday afternoon. I was very disappointed. Movie was way over-hyped comparing to Unforgiven. It was dark and somber and moved along a snails pace. Christian Bale did a great job with his character. The movie was hard to watch as it dealt with the atrocities (on both sides) of the Indian wars and what that does to a man or woman. Recommendation? Wait to watch it on Nexflix in a couple of months as it won't last long in theaters IMO.
2018-01-29 10:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

Aside from political junkies, of which I consider myself, the vast majority of the country does not give a hoot about politics.

Dude, did you see all those women with the pink puzzy hats on? They ain't out there marchin' for exercise.

Edited by Oysterboy 2018-01-29 10:57 AM
2018-01-29 11:23 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Aside from political junkies, of which I consider myself, the vast majority of the country does not give a hoot about politics.

Dude, did you see all those women with the pink puzzy hats on? They ain't out there marchin' for exercise.

LOL They are tilting at windmills!

I think wearing a pussie on your head is vulgar. I saw an news reporter interviewing a couple of small girls with hats on and asked them if they knew what the hat meant. Neither had any idea. I felt embarrassed for the parents. Put a vagina hat on your child and have them marching in a demonstration?!

I saw another reporter asking marchers what they were protesting an got a wide variety of answers. If you'd ask any two marchers you'd get 6 different answers. I found it amusing they refused participation from the pro-life women. Evidently being pro-abortion part of the hat movement.

But really, I would not use a few thousand people or even a tens of thousands of people demonstrating as an indication of anything. Many of my conservative women friends on FB routinely post the protestors do NOT represent them.

ETA: When your movement is founded on a word that you can't even post on triathlon OT forum, puzzie, you probably do not represent mainstream American women!

Edited by Rogillio 2018-01-29 11:25 AM
2018-01-29 11:43 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Rogillio Aside from political junkies, of which I consider myself, the vast majority of the country does not give a hoot about politics.
LOL They are tilting at windmills! I think wearing a pussie on your head is vulgar. I saw an news reporter interviewing a couple of small girls with hats on and asked them if they knew what the hat meant. Neither had any idea. I felt embarrassed for the parents. Put a vagina hat on your child and have them marching in a demonstration?! I saw another reporter asking marchers what they were protesting an got a wide variety of answers. If you'd ask any two marchers you'd get 6 different answers. I found it amusing they refused participation from the pro-life women. Evidently being pro-abortion part of the hat movement. But really, I would not use a few thousand people or even a tens of thousands of people demonstrating as an indication of anything. Many of my conservative women friends on FB routinely post the protestors do NOT represent them. ETA: When your movement is founded on a word that you can't even post on triathlon OT forum, puzzie, you probably do not represent mainstream American women!

C'mon, locker room talk. 

2018-01-29 12:15 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by Rogillio Aside from political junkies, of which I consider myself, the vast majority of the country does not give a hoot about politics.
LOL They are tilting at windmills! I think wearing a pussie on your head is vulgar. I saw an news reporter interviewing a couple of small girls with hats on and asked them if they knew what the hat meant. Neither had any idea. I felt embarrassed for the parents. Put a vagina hat on your child and have them marching in a demonstration?! I saw another reporter asking marchers what they were protesting an got a wide variety of answers. If you'd ask any two marchers you'd get 6 different answers. I found it amusing they refused participation from the pro-life women. Evidently being pro-abortion part of the hat movement. But really, I would not use a few thousand people or even a tens of thousands of people demonstrating as an indication of anything. Many of my conservative women friends on FB routinely post the protestors do NOT represent them. ETA: When your movement is founded on a word that you can't even post on triathlon OT forum, puzzie, you probably do not represent mainstream American women!

C'mon, locker room talk. 

Yeah....'cept it isn't in the locker-room it is on the streets and all over the internet TV.

"Mama, how come all these ladies have on pink hats?"

"Well you see the pick hat is supposed to represent a puszie."

"Oh, you mean like Fluffy?"

"No, like a woman's vagina!"

"They put a pink vagina on their head and walk down the street like that?"

"Well....it's a symbol for the movement."

"What is the movement for?"

"For woman not to be treated like sex toys!"

"So they put a vagina on their head? To remind men they have a vagina?"

"Nevermind....you wouldn't understand....."

Edited by Rogillio 2018-01-29 12:17 PM
2018-01-29 12:42 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

C'mon, locker room talk. 

Yeah....'cept it isn't in the locker-room it is on the streets and all over the internet TV. "Mama, how come all these ladies have on pink hats?" "Well you see the pick hat is supposed to represent a puszie." "Oh, you mean like Fluffy?" "No, like a woman's vagina!" "They put a pink vagina on their head and walk down the street like that?" "Well....it's a symbol for the movement." "What is the movement for?" "For woman not to be treated like sex toys!" "So they put a vagina on their head? To remind men they have a vagina?" "Nevermind....you wouldn't understand....."

But they were literally named in response to the audio tape of our POTUS bragging that rich men can grab women by the puss that was played all over the internet TV. Which every conservative told me was just locker room talk. And they're not shaped like a vagina. 

2018-01-29 12:46 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Champion
Alabama

C'mon, locker room talk. 

Yeah....'cept it isn't in the locker-room it is on the streets and all over the internet TV. "Mama, how come all these ladies have on pink hats?" "Well you see the pick hat is supposed to represent a puszie." "Oh, you mean like Fluffy?" "No, like a woman's vagina!" "They put a pink vagina on their head and walk down the street like that?" "Well....it's a symbol for the movement." "What is the movement for?" "For woman not to be treated like sex toys!" "So they put a vagina on their head? To remind men they have a vagina?" "Nevermind....you wouldn't understand....."

But they were literally named in response to the audio tape of our POTUS bragging that rich men can grab women by the puss that was played all over the internet TV. Which every conservative told me was just locker room talk. And they're not shaped like a vagina. 

Sure they are! You have to look at it from the top. And put a little crease down the middle......and assume no pubic hair.

2018-01-29 12:54 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

C'mon, locker room talk. 

Sure they are! You have to look at it from the top. And put a little crease down the middle......and assume no pubic hair.

Or maybe they're just supposed to look like cat ears? Pussycat, pussyhat. 

2018-01-29 12:56 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

C'mon, locker room talk. 

I don't know about you but I ain't never seen no pink cat!

(yes, that is a triple negative....I was swinin' for the fence)

2018-01-29 12:59 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

C'mon, locker room talk. 

I don't know about you but I ain't never seen no pink cat! (yes, that is a triple negative....I was swinin' for the fence)

I don't know about you, but I ain't never seen a vagina that looks anything like those hats. 

2018-01-29 1:22 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

C'mon, locker room talk. 

I don't know about you but I ain't never seen no pink cat! (yes, that is a triple negative....I was swinin' for the fence)

I don't know about you, but I ain't never seen a vagina that looks anything like those hats. 

I was beginning to think you may be right and they meant it to be a cat.....but this belies that:

"Feminist activists say they are tossing out their famous pink “ hats” in an effort to be more inclusive and not to offend transgender women or women of color."

Not sure why transgender women would be offended by a kitty cat.

2018-01-29 1:29 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

C'mon, locker room talk. 

I was beginning to think you may be right and they meant it to be a cat.....but this belies that: "Feminist activists say they are tossing out their famous pink “ hats” in an effort to be more inclusive and not to offend transgender women or women of color." Not sure why transgender women would be offended by a kitty cat.

From the website of the woman who created the Pussyhat Project. 

Little Knittery owner Kat Coyle designed a simple and brilliant pattern that would allow people of all knitting levels to be part of the project. The name Pussyhat™ was chosen in part as a protest against vulgar comments Donald Trump made about the freedom he felt to grab women’s genitals, to de-stigmatize the word “” and transform it into one of empowerment, and to highlight the design of the hat’s ’pussycat ears’. Leveraging social media and the close-knit nature of the global knitting community, word was spread and the fuse was lit.

2018-01-29 1:54 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

C'mon, locker room talk. 

I was beginning to think you may be right and they meant it to be a cat.....but this belies that: "Feminist activists say they are tossing out their famous pink “ hats” in an effort to be more inclusive and not to offend transgender women or women of color." Not sure why transgender women would be offended by a kitty cat.

From the website of the woman who created the Pussyhat Project. 

Little Knittery owner Kat Coyle designed a simple and brilliant pattern that would allow people of all knitting levels to be part of the project. The name Pussyhat™ was chosen in part as a protest against vulgar comments Donald Trump made about the freedom he felt to grab women’s genitals, to de-stigmatize the word “” and transform it into one of empowerment, and to highlight the design of the hat’s ’pussycat ears’. Leveraging social media and the close-knit nature of the global knitting community, word was spread and the fuse was lit.

Wait, so they wanted to protest DT saying "grabbing pssy" by "de-stigmatizing the word" pssy? To quote Delmar from O Brother, "That don't make no sense!"

I also read that they are being urged to quit wearing them because some woman's cats are not pink.

OK, war story time.

Years ago engineers at Boeing were in a big room with desks side by side, row by row. Everybody knew everybody's business because you could not make a phone call without those around you hearing you. I had heard on of our female engineers making an appointment with her OBGYN for the next day. She then told us she would be late tomorrow should anyone come looking for her. The next day a guy came in and asked me where Kathy was. So I told him, "She had to take her cat to the vet." He said ok and left. Kathy came in later and when Mark saw her he said, "So how is your cat?" She just burst out laughing and he turned red as a beat when we told him she was at the OBGYN!

2018-01-30 8:37 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Wait… so the the movement isn't about kittens rights?

2018-01-30 9:00 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Wait… so the the movement isn't about kittens rights?

Only if kittens is a euphemism for....

Oh NM.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » For LB Rss Feed