Other Resources The Political Joe » Trumpers please explain this... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2018-01-30 7:12 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: Trumpers please explain this...
I'm just dumfounded. Undoubtedly it is Trump playing 4D chess and that my simple PhD mind can't keep up, I have no explanation. Could one of you folks clue in this coastal elite?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/rich-russians...

2018-01-30 7:42 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Trumpers please explain this...
Tomorrow I leave for 5 days of quail hunting in the Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. Maybe when I get back I'll revisit this story and all it's horribleness.
2018-01-30 8:25 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Floriduh
I wanna go.
2018-01-31 7:35 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I never agreed with the sanctions in the first place! The idea that you are going to 'punish' Russia is just ridiculous. Does anyone think that the Russians are not going to 'meddle' in US elections ever again because of the sanctions? Obama gave US money to the guy running against Netanyahu in Israel in their last election. The Obama administration spied on Germany's PM. That's what countries do! They spy on one another and they try to influence things inside the country just like we did in Libya!

If I were Putin, after Obama kicked out the Russian diplomats, I would have said, "OK then, we are not going to bring your astronauts back from the International Space Station." We have a $150B Space Station on orbit and the only way to reach it for resupply and taking people back and forth is the Russian space vehicle! Why would you want to poke them in the eye?!

The sanctions were all about US politics! Russia was never going to change their evil ways because of sanctions! They are going to keep being Russia!! They are the second most powerful country on the planet....seems to me it is better to work with them than against them. Old mafia saying, "Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer".

But I actually don't think of Russia as our enemy. I've been to Russia and met some Russians and they did not have horns on their head! They were people just like us trying to make a life.....going to school, working, playing sports, doing laundry, washing the car, eating Big Mac at MD, riding bikes, etc. For the US to demonize Russia is a mistake! They may have some corruption and their leaders have ambitions that maybe we don't like but the people of Russia - unlike say Iran - don't hate us.

2018-01-31 9:06 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Left Brain

Tomorrow I leave for 5 days of quail hunting in the Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. Maybe when I get back I'll revisit this story and all it's horribleness.

Bienvenidos again! Hope you have a great hunt, post pics!
2018-01-31 9:18 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Oysterboy

I'm just dumfounded. Undoubtedly it is Trump playing 4D chess and that my simple PhD mind can't keep up, I have no explanation. Could one of you folks clue in this coastal elite?

What reason do we have to impose new sanctions? This is just another smoke screen to keep the dying "Trump/Russia/Putin stole the election" narrative alive. Remove thoughts of Trump and Putin ganging up on poor Hillary and what do you have? 0.

Here's the thing and I'll type slowly so you can keep up Doc. There isn't anything illegal between Trump and Russia. If the democrats had one shred of evidence against him, I mean one teeeeeeny tiny bit of anything that tied him to something illegal, he'd have been charged by now. It's not there. All we have is the media reporting story after story suggesting ties to something bad. This in itself confirms what Trump has declared about the media, fake news.

You're a scientist. Think of this a a simple science project. Change your hypothesis from "Trump is in bed with the Russians"; to "prove Trump is NOT in bed with the Russians." Wapo, Huffpo, CNNMSNBC and Fox are not reliable sources for your experiment. Let me know when you come up with the data to prove either approach.

There's no need to impose sanctions on Russia, the only reason we're seeing a Russia story is to keep feeding stupid people the narrative that Donnie and Vlad took the crown from Hillary. Look at the video imbedded in the article. Plays a loop suggesting some homoerotic bromance between Trump and Putin. This isn't news, its a hit piece.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-01-31 9:29 AM

2018-01-31 9:35 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy I'm just dumfounded. Undoubtedly it is Trump playing 4D chess and that my simple PhD mind can't keep up, I have no explanation. Could one of you folks clue in this coastal elite? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/rich-russians...

The sanctions were proposed as a result of the manufactured Russian interference narrative.  Of course they shouldn't be there.
Remember, the Russians "hacked" Podesta's emails and sent them to Wikileaks.  When, in reality the emails were sent to Wikileaks from an insider who had access to his computer.

Your issue isn't that you're not smart enough to understand why Trump is doing it, it's that you're so trusting in your government that you believe any goofy story they told you about the "evil Russians".

The Russians aren't doing anything that we aren't already doing ourselves to them and every other region in the world.  The Russian people are great people who want many of the same things us Americans want.  The Russian government is trying to stay relevant in countries that it has influence over just like the US does.  I feel that leftists don't like Putin because he truly does govern with a Russia first mindset.  Hence, Trump is our evil dictator like Putin because he wants to take an America first posture rather than a Globalist mindset like Obama.

2018-01-31 9:40 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

What reason do we have to impose new sanctions? This is just another smoke screen to keep the dying "Trump/Russia/Putin stole the election" narrative alive. Remove thoughts of Trump and Putin ganging up on poor Hillary and what do you have? 0.

Here's the thing and I'll type slowly so you can keep up Doc. There isn't anything illegal between Trump and Russia. If the democrats had one shred of evidence against him, I mean one teeeeeeny tiny bit of anything that tied him to something illegal, he'd have been charged by now. It's not there. All we have is the media reporting story after story suggesting ties to something bad. This in itself confirms what Trump has declared about the media, fake news.

You're a scientist. Think of this a a simple science project. Change your hypothesis from "Trump is in bed with the Russians"; to "prove Trump is NOT in bed with the Russians." Wapo, Huffpo, CNNMSNBC and Fox are not reliable sources for your experiment. Let me know when you come up with the data to prove either approach.

There's no need to impose sanctions on Russia, the only reason we're seeing a Russia story is to keep feeding stupid people the narrative that Donnie and Vlad took the crown from Hillary. Look at the video imbedded in the article. Plays a loop suggesting some homoerotic bromance between Trump and Putin. This isn't news, its a hit piece.

Well said comrade!

J/K!!!
2018-01-31 10:04 AM

User image

Regular

OB - For what reasons do you think sanctions should be implemented?
2018-01-31 10:05 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Comrade indeed, those sanctions passed the senate like 98-2. I do think that we should do something to dissuade Russia from meddling in our elections. Is this a perfect answer, no, but we don't have a lot of weapons we can throw at them.

Edited by Oysterboy 2018-01-31 10:07 AM
2018-01-31 10:20 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

You cannot prove a negative, only a positive relationship. Perhaps you have heard the saying absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

2018-01-31 10:21 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Comrade indeed, those sanctions passed the senate like 98-2. I do think that we should do something to dissuade Russia from meddling in our elections. Is this a perfect answer, no, but we don't have a lot of weapons we can throw at them.

How did they meddle in our election?
I know CNN/MSNBC/etc says they did, but how did they really meddle?
Then compare that to how we meddle in their elections to see if it's more, less, or the same.

Just curious.

Personally, I'm far more concerned about the US government meddling in our elections.  That's where I believe the real scandal is.

2018-01-31 10:27 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Comrade indeed, those sanctions passed the senate like 98-2. I do think that we should do something to dissuade Russia from meddling in our elections. Is this a perfect answer, no, but we don't have a lot of weapons we can throw at them.

"The American sanctions specifically target Russia’s energy sector, which makes up more than half of the country’s Gross Domestic Product. No U.S. oil company can do business with Russia, nor can any companies sell drilling technology needed to access oil and gas reserves. U.S. banks cannot issue long-term loans to Russian businesses for energy-focused projects."

Looks to me like shooting we are shooting ourselves in the foot! If the Russian can do business with the US they will go elsewhere! We are not the only country in the world that has drilling technology and are certainly not the only country in the world with banks wanting to make loans.

The word "sanctions" sound good but in reality they will have very minimal effect and it hurts us in the process.

This is from a CNN last July:

Moscow (CNN) — The Russian Foreign Ministry demanded Friday that the United States cut its diplomatic staff in Russia and said it would seize two US diplomatic properties in a sharp response to a new sanctions bill the US Congress passed a day earlier. The order -- which affects the US Embassy in Moscow and consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok -- would reduce US diplomatic and technical staff to 455, the same number Russia has in the United States.

So now if an American tourist goes to St Petersburg and has a problem, there is no US consulate office there.

Sanctions might work against a country like NK but not Russia.

2018-01-31 10:34 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Oysterboy Comrade indeed, those sanctions passed the senate like 98-2. I do think that we should do something to dissuade Russia from meddling in our elections. Is this a perfect answer, no, but we don't have a lot of weapons we can throw at them.

Then compare that to how we meddle in their elections to see if it's more, less, or the same.

Just curious.

Personally, I'm far more concerned about the US government meddling in our elections.  That's where I believe the real scandal is.

Jeez, this is Trump's hand-picked guy:

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-will-meddle-2018-midterm-elections-s...

Maybe he's as misinformed as I am? /eyeroll
2018-01-31 10:37 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just curious.

Jeez, this is Trump's hand-picked guy: http://www.newsweek.com/russia-will-meddle-2018-midterm-elections-s... Maybe he's as misinformed as I am? /eyeroll

By meddling he means post a dank meme on facebook.

2018-01-31 12:30 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Just curious.

Jeez, this is Trump's hand-picked guy: http://www.newsweek.com/russia-will-meddle-2018-midterm-elections-s... Maybe he's as misinformed as I am? /eyeroll

OK, so now I'm stooping low, Mattis on Newsmax:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-defense-secretary-james-mattis-...

Tony, I could do this all day. Not just some stupid meme on Facebook. And if we did it too, shame on us. Two wrongs don't make a right.

2018-01-31 12:40 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Again, this is just keeping the Russiatrumpputin narrative going. Anyone watch the SOTU last night? Pelosi looked like she was about to eat her tongue. Chuckster had his PEBH face on. Nothing but stink-eye coming from the democrats. Which is fine, it illustrates the stage of emotional maturity within the party. I can guarantee if they had anything on Trump, there'd be 'cat eating the canary' grins all around. All I saw was stink-eye.

Mueller and gang? They have a 0930 conference call with Pelosi and Schumer, to relay the status of the 'investigation.' After that, it's toes up, surfing the web and playing Pac man; we're paying for it.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-01-31 12:41 PM
2018-01-31 12:46 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

You cannot prove a negative, only a positive relationship. Perhaps you have heard the saying absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Good point. Change that to read, "prove that the democrat party is making this shiite up." My point is to merely look at the entire fiasco from a different point of view. Simple as pointing the finger a different direction.
2018-01-31 12:46 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just curious.

OK, so now I'm stooping low, Mattis on Newsmax: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-defense-secretary-james-mattis-... Tony, I could do this all day. Not just some stupid meme on Facebook. And if we did it too, shame on us. Two wrongs don't make a right.

haha, I can't even stoop to the level of clicking on newsmax.  They're one notch above Alex Jones and Worldnet Daily.  :-D

2018-01-31 12:51 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Just curious.

OK, so now I'm stooping low, Mattis on Newsmax: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-defense-secretary-james-mattis-... Tony, I could do this all day. Not just some stupid meme on Facebook. And if we did it too, shame on us. Two wrongs don't make a right.

haha, I can't even stoop to the level of clicking on newsmax.  They're one notch above Alex Jones and Worldnet Daily.  :-D

I just cut/paste the link, I didn't actually read anything, promise.
2018-01-31 1:01 PM

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Since we just lived 8 years of the same faces and eye rolls I always find it amusing the other side is outraged now. And for the record wasn't it the Repubs who sponsored the investigation to begin with which I find comforting as everyone should want to understand what if anything occurred. I also think we would all agree it just shouldn't take this long or cost this much money. Do your research talk to who you need to talk to and let's just move on one way or the other.

Slightly off topic but when did it get to the point that it has to be 100% devotion to any one person or entity we voted for or support. I'm probably about 30% for and 70% against Trump and was probably the reverse on Obama (hated! absolutely hated his overall message on police and Syria). DJT can contradict himself on the same issue within 2 days and will have the unanimous support of the same 30% on both views. Just don't get it. And yes I realize Obama had the same unwavering support of the exact opposite side. I think to enact real change we have to get to term limits for all politicians so they can all vote how they feel instead of for party. The only folks willing to speak and/or act how they really feel are those either at the end of their career or actually retiring and it just shouldn't be that way.

2018-01-31 1:06 PM
in reply to: colesdad

User image

Pro

Low of 30 and high of 50 forecast for the 5 days of hunting.  Quali population is only slightly below last year which was a 50 year high.  Beer and  porksteaks and fish and beer and ribeyes and beer and smoked salmon and beer and bacon and bacon and bacon and beer on ice.  I sure hope you guys get this figured out by next Wednesday.  

2018-01-31 1:09 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Good point. Change that to read, "prove that the democrat party is making this shiite up." My point is to merely look at the entire fiasco from a different point of view. Simple as pointing the finger a different direction.

Jeez, there are a bunch of Republicans that are saying Russia meddled, do I need to provide the links? (see the ones I have already provided in this thread). Seriously, this is not just a Democrats with their hair on fire topic.
2018-01-31 1:11 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Low of 30 and high of 50 forecast for the 5 days of hunting.  Quali population is only slightly below last year which was a 50 year high.  Beer and  porksteaks and fish and beer and ribeyes and beer and smoked salmon and beer and bacon and bacon and bacon and beer on ice.  I sure hope you guys get this figured out by next Wednesday.  

There used to be quail in Florida but then all the Yankees moved here and they left.
2018-01-31 1:19 PM

User image

Pro

There used to be quail in Florida but then all the Yankees moved here and they left.

Don't blame me, I was born in Memphis.  I don't know who you're gonna be able to blame on the carnage that will ensue the next 5 days, but it won't be those bastards.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trumpers please explain this... Rss Feed  

of 2