Edited by tuwood 2018-04-24 10:22 AM

2018-04-24 8:48 PM
in reply to: #5242211

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Record GDP
Actually kind of a mixed bag...

The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2018 to 2028. April 9, 2018. In CBO's projections, the economy grows relatively quickly this year and next and then more slowly in the following several years. The federal budget deficit rises substantially, boosting federal debt to nearly 100 percent of GDP by 2028.
2018-04-24 8:55 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Actually kind of a mixed bag... The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2018 to 2028. April 9, 2018. In CBO's projections, the economy grows relatively quickly this year and next and then more slowly in the following several years. The federal budget deficit rises substantially, boosting federal debt to nearly 100 percent of GDP by 2028.

What I hate is the deficit rising was going to happen with or without the tax cuts.  We had record revenues in Q1, but still nowhere near the spending we had.  I think the revenues will likely be a wash after the tax cuts with the GDP growth, but until we get somebody in washington who is willing to cut spending it won't matter what they do on the revenue side.

I wholeheartedly recognize that Trump is not a spending cutter.  He's an anti-corruption guy which was always my number one issue.  If he manages to drain the swamp sufficiently I will likely be shifting to spending as my number one issue in Washington.

2018-04-25 5:53 AM
in reply to: #5242243

User image

Expert
Floriduh
“ I think the revenues will likely be a wash after the tax cuts with the GDP growth”. Honestly, I have not heard anyone else say this. The deficits are huge, tough to see growth leveling them
out. I don’t see either party doing anything that meaningfully impacts this problem.
2018-04-25 8:26 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
On this: "He's an anti-corruption guy" . I'll give you that he is a regulation-cutter, but on this point I don't see it, two prominent examples: 1) Mulvaney at a recent American Bankers Association meeting: ""If you're a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn't talk to you. If you're a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you."( https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mick-mulvaney-consumer-financial-pr... ) . (Please note that I used NewsMax as my source as to limit the argument that this is "fake news"). 2) Scott Pruitt ('nuff said).

There are plenty of areas I believe that DJT is a dangerous train wreck, but as for "Drain the Swamp", I don't see it; however, I am convincible. Earn my vote.
2018-04-25 12:05 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by OysterboyOn this: "He's an anti-corruption guy" . I'll give you that he is a regulation-cutter, but on this point I don't see it, two prominent examples: 1) Mulvaney at a recent American Bankers Association meeting: ""If you're a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn't talk to you. If you're a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you."( https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mick-mulvaney-consumer-financial-pr... ) . (Please note that I used NewsMax as my source as to limit the argument that this is "fake news"). 2) Scott Pruitt ('nuff said).There are plenty of areas I believe that DJT is a dangerous train wreck, but as for "Drain the Swamp", I don't see it; however, I am convincible. Earn my vote.
Haha on Newsmax source. I saw that and rolled my eyes because they're like a conservative national enquiror.Quote may be correct, I don't know, but trump is the least corrupt person we've had in office since Reagan IMHO.I hate lobbyists, but they're not corrupt by nature because they get paid money to "lobby" for various laws. Where corruption kicks in is when a lobbyist crosses the lines of legality.Heck, I've been a lobbyist for a few state laws, even drafted an amendment and lobbied successfully to get it passed.

2018-04-25 12:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Wait......the guy who has only been a politician for 15 months is the corrupt one of the bunch? 

Yeah.........sure.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-04-25 12:15 PM
2018-04-25 12:21 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by OysterboyOn this: "He's an anti-corruption guy" . I'll give you that he is a regulation-cutter, but on this point I don't see it, two prominent examples: 1) Mulvaney at a recent American Bankers Association meeting: ""If you're a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn't talk to you. If you're a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you."( https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mick-mulvaney-consumer-financial-pr... ) . (Please note that I used NewsMax as my source as to limit the argument that this is "fake news"). 2) Scott Pruitt ('nuff said).There are plenty of areas I believe that DJT is a dangerous train wreck, but as for "Drain the Swamp", I don't see it; however, I am convincible. Earn my vote.
Haha on Newsmax source. I saw that and rolled my eyes because they're like a conservative national enquiror.Quote may be correct, I don't know, but trump is the least corrupt person we've had in office since Reagan IMHO.I hate lobbyists, but they're not corrupt by nature because they get paid money to "lobby" for various laws. Where corruption kicks in is when a lobbyist crosses the lines of legality.Heck, I've been a lobbyist for a few state laws, even drafted an amendment and lobbied successfully to get it passed.

Lobbyists are not necessarily corrupt, but they can abet corruption (ie, Jack Abramoff). I am not sure that what Mulvaney said or did is necessarily corrupt, but it sure ain't drain the swamp. Does Newsmax also publish stories of alien abductions?
2018-04-25 12:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Oysterboy
Originally posted by tuwood
Lobbyists are not necessarily corrupt, but they can abet corruption (ie, Jack Abramoff). I am not sure that what Mulvaney said or did is necessarily corrupt, but it sure ain't drain the swamp. Does Newsmax also publish stories of alien abductions?
Quite a few alien stories. Google newsmax alien abductions and enjoy.Worldnet Daily is worse, but newsmax is not far behind.I think Alex Jones is more centered than they are, lol
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Record GDP Rss Feed