Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-05-22 2:15 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: The Great Divide
All politics aside......

Just kidding.

So the AG is going to look into who/when/why/if/how someone was working for the FBI while on the Trump campaign.

Those are the right at excited and predict the feces is about to hit the rotating air moving machine.

Those are the left and think we are having a constitutional crises.

At this point the libs on the left at CNN/MSNBC and those on the right at FOX have too much invested in their story that they can't afford to back down and consider that maybe someone on the Trump campaign actually did do something illegal or that maybe there never was any collusion and the whole thing was a set-up.

For 18 months we've heard the same stories and narratives night after night. Miss a night? No worries, the same show will be on tomorrow spouting the same thing. As little bits of crumbs are dropped it is like finding one piece to a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Both sides pick it up and spin it around a few times and claim it fits nicely into their puzzle even though their puzzles are like matter and anti-matter.

At any rate, the trajectory in this country sure does seem like we are headed to some sort of breaking point with the left and right becoming further and further apart and less willing to compromise or try to see the 'other side'.

And now for something completely different...

One of my coworkers used to be a nurse. We got to swapping hospital stories and I told her this old riddle: A man and his son were in an automobile accident. The man died in the accident and his son was taken to the hospital for an emergency operation. In the operating room, the doctor looked at the boy and said, "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son."

How can this be?

I heard this riddle on "All In the Family" back in the early '70s. I thought this was one of the most well-known 'riddles' of all time. To my surprise, my co-worker, who used to be nurse for Pete's sake, did not get the riddle!

2018-05-23 9:18 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Subject: RE: The Great Divide
What scares me about your whole post, well minus the riddle (which I know the answer to, as I've heard it a long time ago), is what both sides of the aisle may be doing while the various smoke screens they release to the media are hiding their actions and/ or votes.

J White
2018-05-23 10:01 AM
in reply to: Jwse30

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Jwse30

What scares me about your whole post, well minus the riddle (which I know the answer to, as I've heard it a long time ago), is what both sides of the aisle may be doing while the various smoke screens they release to the media are hiding their actions and/ or votes.

J White

RE the riddle. My son said the 2018 answer to the riddle is the doctor is gay.

I guess I still have enough faith in people to believe the truth will eventually come out. There are still people who have integrity - even if they do work for the government - and will find and expose corruption. All the smoke and mirrors and headlines and tweets really don't mean anything beyond politics. What I believe based on the last 2 years of the reporting about Trump/Russia/FBI/DOJ/Hillary/etc is that these was (and still is) corruption in our government. People are people and a just because they took and oath of allegiance to 'truth, just'ce and the American way' (wait, that was Superman's line) doesn't mean they cannot be corrupted by their own ambitions and beliefs. I'm sure some people believed what they were doing was justified even it was unethical or illegal because the ends justify the means.

At any rate, I believe the truth will eventually be exposed. Maybe Mueller has concrete evidence of a Trump/Russian quid pro quo conspiracy. If so, he should be executed for high treason. Maybe the Obama political machine did conspire to frame Trump and get Hillary elected. If so, they too should face execution. Maybe both are true? There are a few people in government that I still trust to find the facts - Trey Gowdy for example.

I read a brief blurb somewhere last night that said some of the 'rank and file' members of the FBI want to be interviewed by Congress. If Congress subpoenas them they will be free to tell what they know without fear of retribution.

Stay tuned...always more to come from this ever-changing political world we are living thru.

2018-05-23 10:22 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

I'll say it again.......the guy who will be exposed is Comey.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The Great Divide Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The Great Divide

Started by Rogillio
Views: 406 Posts: 6

2018-01-18 3:58 PM Left Brain