Other Resources The Political Joe » Hilarious Tragedy Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-06-04 9:40 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Hilarious Tragedy
"video shows a man alleged to be an FBI agent busting out a series of slick freestyle dance moves inside a circle of cheering bar patrons at Mile High Spirits in central Denver.

For a finale, the man crouches into a squat and launches into an awkward backflip, rotating about 180 degrees before landing on his hands and slamming his feet on to the floor. The force of his acrobatics jars loose the pistol tucked into his pants at the small of his back, and it tumbles harmlessly to the floor.

That’s when things go downhill in the blink of an eye.

Upon seeing his weapon hitting the floor, the man quickly lunges forward to retrieve it. As he grips the pistol, he apparently squeezes the trigger and fires a round into the crowd, striking a bar patron in the leg."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I feel bad for the guy who got shot but my guess is, it's a million dollar wound and he will be well compensated. OK, I will admit, I laughed.....and am still chuckling. Hope the guy get's fired. One for not securing his gun. Two for having one in the chamber but apparently no safety. BTW, question for LB. Do cops usually keep a round in the chamber? Course the article doesn't say what kind of gun. Could of been a revolver.

2018-06-05 6:19 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Hilarious Tragedy

Yes to round in chamber.....yes to that guy is a moron.....yes to he needs to find something else to do for a living.

2018-06-05 9:12 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

If you don't have one in the chamber then you might as well not be carrying. 

It was probably a glock, which only has the trigger safety.  I personally do not like them for that very reason.  There was a tragic story of a guy repositioning his gun in his holster and the lanyard from his sweatshirt managed to get into the trigger and shot himself in the femoral artery in front of his kids.  hate hate hate those guns...
I personally carry springfields which have the grip safety and the trigger safety.  It's still not perfect, but better IMHO.

As for the FBI guy, it was pretty humorous. I saw a comment on one thread making fun of "us" that insist everyone should have a gun, but then the response was no this is "your guy" because only the government should have guns.  lol

2018-06-05 11:20 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
I bought a Ruger LCR 357 magnum a couple of years ago. It is a good 'concealed carry' gun as it is small and does not have a hammer to get caught on clothing.

So why do 'need' this the gun controllers might ask? A couple of years ago I was going hiking in the Great Smokey Mountains. As I read about the various trails I read about the number of bear sightings. Hmmmm. I told a coworker I was thinking about bringing my 9mm with me just in case. He laughed and said that 9mm would just pizs the bear off! Did some research and found he was right. Bears have very tough hides and very thick skulls. I decided a 357 magnum was a good fit for hiking. It was light enough so you aren't lugging some monster gun all day but had enough power to (hopefully) stop or deter a bear.

Went to the Smokies and headed out on a trail. It was late winter and there were patches of snow here and there. I saw several bear tracks! There were some trails on the side of a big hill/slope that the only way to traverse it was on the trail. And that goes for man and bears alike! I saw bear tracks on the trail and I saw where a bear had broken apart a rotten stump presumably looking for grubs. The tracks looked to be less than 24 hrs old. I was alone and there were no other hikers on the trail. At times it was spooky quiet. The good news is, still being winter, visibility was great and you could see a ways off without all the leaves and underbrush.

So here is the real "value" in having the gun. I never saw any bears but is a certain peace of mind knowing I had that gun if the need arose. My plan was to shoot once in the air in hopes of scaring the bear off - 357 magnum much loader than my 9 mm. Then hold my fire and back away never turning my back to the bear. If he charged, I'd give him the other 4 rounds.....and pull my Bowie knife if that didn't stop him. The (long winded) point is the gun was like having insurance. You hope like heck you never use it but it is comforting knowing you have it.

I did have a run in with cougar once.....she was 40 and I was 19.....but that's a whole different story.

ETA

When you are hiking alone in the boondocks of BFE and you hear Dueling Banjos......good to be packing. I've hiked some on the AT in north Georgia....never know what highway bandits you might run into. And if you are sleeping in a little tent and you hear 'something big' outside walking.....there is a certain comfort having a gun.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-06-05 11:39 AM

(357.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
357.jpg (22KB - 0 downloads)
2018-06-05 12:10 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

If you don't have one in the chamber then you might as well not be carrying. 

It was probably a glock, which only has the trigger safety.  I personally do not like them for that very reason.  There was a tragic story of a guy repositioning his gun in his holster and the lanyard from his sweatshirt managed to get into the trigger and shot himself in the femoral artery in front of his kids.  hate hate hate those guns...
I personally carry springfields which have the grip safety and the trigger safety.  It's still not perfect, but better IMHO.

As for the FBI guy, it was pretty humorous. I saw a comment on one thread making fun of "us" that insist everyone should have a gun, but then the response was no this is "your guy" because only the government should have guns.  lol

I'm curious about what pistol as well.  There are quite a few striker fire guns on the market now, not just Glock.  The reason so many people accidently shoot themselves with Glock pistols is because you have to pull the trigger to break them down.  The guy who designed that probably thinks break dancing with a pistol is also OK.    

Rog - my son carries a hammerless S&W .38 snubnose similar to your Ruger......as far as I'm concerned it's the best concealed carry gun on the market.

2018-06-05 12:56 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Rogillio

I bought a Ruger LCR 357 magnum a couple of years ago. It is a good 'concealed carry' gun as it is small and does not have a hammer to get caught on clothing.

So why do 'need' this the gun controllers might ask? A couple of years ago I was going hiking in the Great Smokey Mountains. As I read about the various trails I read about the number of bear sightings. Hmmmm. I told a coworker I was thinking about bringing my 9mm with me just in case. He laughed and said that 9mm would just pizs the bear off! Did some research and found he was right. Bears have very tough hides and very thick skulls. I decided a 357 magnum was a good fit for hiking. It was light enough so you aren't lugging some monster gun all day but had enough power to (hopefully) stop or deter a bear.

Went to the Smokies and headed out on a trail. It was late winter and there were patches of snow here and there. I saw several bear tracks! There were some trails on the side of a big hill/slope that the only way to traverse it was on the trail. And that goes for man and bears alike! I saw bear tracks on the trail and I saw where a bear had broken apart a rotten stump presumably looking for grubs. The tracks looked to be less than 24 hrs old. I was alone and there were no other hikers on the trail. At times it was spooky quiet. The good news is, still being winter, visibility was great and you could see a ways off without all the leaves and underbrush.

So here is the real "value" in having the gun. I never saw any bears but is a certain peace of mind knowing I had that gun if the need arose. My plan was to shoot once in the air in hopes of scaring the bear off - 357 magnum much loader than my 9 mm. Then hold my fire and back away never turning my back to the bear. If he charged, I'd give him the other 4 rounds.....and pull my Bowie knife if that didn't stop him. The (long winded) point is the gun was like having insurance. You hope like heck you never use it but it is comforting knowing you have it.

I did have a run in with cougar once.....she was 40 and I was 19.....but that's a whole different story.

ETA

When you are hiking alone in the boondocks of BFE and you hear Dueling Banjos......good to be packing. I've hiked some on the AT in north Georgia....never know what highway bandits you might run into. And if you are sleeping in a little tent and you hear 'something big' outside walking.....there is a certain comfort having a gun.

Bear stuff reminded me of one of my favorite signs.

(bear-warning-sign.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bear-warning-sign.jpg (41KB - 0 downloads)

2018-06-05 1:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
Reminds me of a story my dad used to tell.

My dad and his best friend (later to become my uncle) were home on leave from the Navy and had gone deer hunting at our camp in Louisiana. They had split up to go to different locations in the woods. My dad had to take a dump so he found log that was leaned up against a tree that he used as a backrest. Several hours later my dad and his friend met up back at the truck. Dad asked him if he'd seen anything. My uncle said no but he had seen where a bear had taken a crap! My dad was skeptical as he grew up in that area and bears were very rare. He asked my uncle if where he saw the crap was by a log leaning against a tree? He said it was. My dad laughed and said, "That was no bear, that was my bare asz!"

Anyway, it was very funny when I was 10 years old and dad first told me the story.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-06-05 1:55 PM
2018-06-05 4:10 PM

User image

Pro
I've been thinking about this agent's gun deal. I have picked up lots of guns.....you can't really just touch them and have it go off. I need to see a longer version of the movie to see if maybe this was a "dance off" and the FBI dude was out of his league. I think at some point he just said F it and did the backflip hoping to hit the other guy in the face with his pistol....when that didn't work out he just shot the guy in his damn leg....that way he effectively ended the contest and won when the dude couldn't continue....I think I can sell that to CNN.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Hilarious Tragedy Rss Feed