Other Resources The Political Joe » North Korea Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-06-13 8:26 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: North Korea
Reading all the spin about the Trump/NK agreement. The left is in 'oh chit' mode knowing this is perceived by the world as a net positive for peace in the world. The left wingers in the MSM and democrats in Congress are mostly saying Trump gave away the farm and got nothing. They also say the agreement lacks details.

My thoughts are that this is step in the right direction. It is by no means the end of anything, it is the beginning of what could be a very historical change. I have never understood why NK chose to live in the dark ages all these years. South Korea, small as it is, has the 12th highest GDP in the world. If NK would open up and embrace capitalism their economy would explode! It would take real cultural change in NK....but I think it is possible. I read that Kim was raised and attended school K-12 in Switzerland so he knows what the world is and what his country could become.

I keep reading about how the Trump got played and he got nothing. What a crock. He agreed to cancel the annual joint US/SK military training exercise. This a training exercise! He did not agree to pull the 34,000 US troops out of SK, he cancelled a training exercise. I actually participated in that exercise for 2 weeks as a reservist. At any rate, the exercise could be resumed immediately if NK reneges on its agreement to give up the nukes. He also did not remove any of the sanctions yet. This will be long carrot/stick process.

Trump was mocked for suggesting there was opportunities to build a resort in NK. I think that is a marvelous idea! Once the NKs get a taste of capitalism, the culture will transform....it may take years or maybe decades but I think there is potential and I am optimistic.

2018-06-13 12:18 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: North Korea

It took Reagan and Gorbachev 3 meetings and more negotiating before reaching a meaningful agreement.  The Left in this country WANTS President Trump to fail.......it's their only platform.  It's hilarious beyond measure but it makes for some great TV.  Big surprise coming again in November for them.  They might never learn.  LMAO

2018-06-13 1:19 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
I just watched this video. Wonder why I've not seen this covered more?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/12/president_trumps_...

Scott Adams said, "You have to watch it. Let me give you my first reaction: It might be the best thing anybody ever did in a negotiation. Period. It might be, in the history of the world, the best thing ever did. It is so good. It hits every note perfectly."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/12/scott_adams_trump...
2018-06-14 10:35 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
The GOP needs to get reporters in front of every democrat running in the mid terms. Get them to comment on the NK peace negotiations and then use that footage against them in ad campaigns.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » North Korea Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

North Korea - Rocket Man

Started by Rogillio
Views: 783 Posts: 12

2017-09-25 3:29 PM Hook'em