Other Resources The Political Joe » Are you tolerant? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-07-16 9:17 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Are you tolerant?
I am a white, heterosexual, male Christian so, by definition, I must the be the most intolerant creator on the planet, right? No according to this self-proclaimed liberal:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/07/16/dave_rubin_so_you...

I think the most disturbing trend in America today is labeling people with whom you disagree with some derisive name - racists, sexist, homophobe, Uncle Tom, xenophobe, misogynist, traitor, white supremacist, Nazi, abortionist, Jew lover, baby killer, Dotard, have TDS, etc.

The sad thing is, by silencing dissent you end up with a distorted view of the world and then your are aghast when someone has the gall to opine about how they really feel. If people feel they cannot talk honestly about racism or sexism or immigration the issues just buried and resentment builds. Next thing you know you are caught on video in a drunken rant and are fired for 'exposing' the feelings you've carried for decades! ;-)

I love debate. I debated in college on the debate team but those debates were formal and had to follow a strict protocol similar to what one would see in a court trial. Now with the internet, there is no protocol and no calls for civility. If you post something that is statistically accurate and it goes against what someone believes, they immediately result to personal attacks and name calling. This is what got a few people booted from BT forums. It's easy to fall into that insults though if you feel you are being attacked or insulted....human nature is to respond in kind...with both barrels!

If you don't agree with what I've written you are an idiot, moron, Nazi, uneducated, racists, sexist, homophobe, Uncle Tom, xenophobe, misogynist, traitor, white supremacist, Nazi.....choose as many as apply. ;-)

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Are you tolerant? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

btw Rog, I am so sorry Pages: 1 2

Started by spudone
Views: 1428 Posts: 30

2017-12-04 4:41 PM Bob Loblaw