General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online Training Plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-10-12 6:30 PM

User image

Expert
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: Online Training Plans
It seems there are a bunch of cookie-cutter plans out there for free or in books. Is there a benefit to trainingpeaks or MarkAllen or BT's plan?

My main issue is that my coach isn't very much into doing plans. He is more of going out there and working on skills and form with me. He has been so generous with his time and lending me equipment and being a motivator, but he isn't the type to sit in front of a computer and hack out a weekly plan for me.

So, I pretty much have been winging it and putting my own plan together as I go.

I have a HIM in 6 months and winging it just won't get it done.

I will work with my coach for form, but I need a good plan. Should I just generate my own? Or should I farm that out?

Thanks

2006-10-12 6:35 PM
in reply to: #568066

User image

Subject: RE: Online Training Plans

I thought one of a coach's jobs was to plan out training for a particular race.....  You paying this guy?

There is a pretty good (seems to me) HIM plan here for, 20 weeks.  Not sure if you can import into your log if not a member though

Edited by ChrisM 2006-10-12 6:37 PM
2006-10-12 7:12 PM
in reply to: #568068

User image

Expert
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: RE: Online Training Plans
ChrisM - 2006-10-12 6:35 PM

I thought one of a coach's jobs was to plan out training for a particular race.....  You paying this guy?

There is a pretty good (seems to me) HIM plan here for, 20 weeks.  Not sure if you can import into your log if not a member though

Yes, I know he 'should' do it and I have asked him to...just doesn't get around to it. During the LA Tri prep, I was seeing him twice a week so he would just verbally tell what to do the next couple of days until we met.

He just got injured and is having some personal issues, so I just can't cut him off. Also, he is so incredible with his time. We usually go 1.5 to 2 hours and he only charges me one hour. He come out to the LA Triathlon at 6:30 and stayed the whole day to cheer me on.

He just doesn't like the 'gritty details'. So, that is why I think I am going to have to plan myself when I am not working out with him.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online Training Plans Rss Feed