General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Getting back in Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-10-17 12:07 PM

New user

Delaware, OH
Subject: Getting back in
Hey all,

I'm a 24 year old who is sick of being a slug. I was a champion swimmer for 15 years until I tore my shoulder. Since then I lost motivation for anything physical. After looking at some pictures of me before my surgery 4 years ago I felt bad about how I've let myself go. I've decided its time to get back to being me and with my local tri about 9 months away now seemed like the perfect time (that and my wedding about a month after that). I decided to do my first tri because I recently started bike commuting. I felt great and improved quickle. I figure I know how to swim and I'm decent on a bike, all I need to do is remember how to run. My biggest worry is keeping my motivation. I'm not sure how willing I will be to go run after work even though at one point in my life a 4am swim practice was normal. With winter closing in I also will stop my bike commute. Wish me luck

2006-10-17 12:26 PM
in reply to: #570836

User image

Crystal Lake, IL
Subject: RE: Getting back in

Welcome to BT!  We excel at motivation.  Get involved in the site.  There are some inspirational stories here that make you realize that if so many other people can do it there's no reason you can't to.  We're great at motivating each other.  Use the logs so others can keep track of your progress and send you 'inspires'.  Sometimes this helps me stay on the training path since I know others will be checking up on me and I don't want to let them down.

Sounds like you've got a lot of physical tools already, hopefully you can find the rest of what you need here.  Good luck!

2006-10-17 5:02 PM

User image

Master
Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome to BT. I've found that signing up for a race is a great motivator for my training. If 99 months is too far away; look for local running races, 5 and 10K's, to get you going. Good luck!
2006-10-18 7:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio

Welcome to BT Jim (another Ohioan!  Yay!).  I second what hangloose and PTinVA have said so far.  Get involved in blogging and inspiring.  And looking for local 5k races too.  Both GREAT advice!

Good luck with your goals.  Triathlons can be quite addicting!

2006-10-18 8:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Welcome aboard!  The fact that you are here demonstrates your desire to accomplish great things.  This site has been a great source of inspiration for me.  I have found that the action of logging your workouts and tracking your progress is very motivational.  Plus there is a wealth of information covering just about everything to ehlp keep you focused.  Keep at it!  The rewards are worth all the sacrifices you will make.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Getting back in Rss Feed