General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New tri guy Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-30 12:26 PM

Subject: New tri guy
Whassup all????.....26 year old guy, still pretty new to the sport, just finished my second sprint tri few weeks ago, and i am having a blast with this sport. Running and lifting weights used to get so boring for me, and having been a runner all my life, 5ks' & 10k's were usually my only competition, but now, training 3 different sports a week and lifting has just brought a whole new level to my fitness. I'm improving pretty fast, but my question to you all has to do with nutrition. I AM A JUNK-FOOD JUNKY, oh my gosh, all i crave is chocolate, pop, McDonalds, its horrible, i struggle so much with trying to eat healthy and you know, i need some advice on this. I mean, i am in great shape, my body fat is around 10%, and i know if i could cut back on all this crap, i would be in even better shape, its just the desire to eat this kinda stuff takes over the desire to not. Any thoughts??!!!.......

2004-07-30 12:39 PM
in reply to: #41923

Phoenix, Arizona
Subject: RE: New tri guy
Yeah, go see "Supersize Me". I honestly didn't think it would cure me, I've eaten fast food all my life. Now I've been twice in the last 3 months and both times I was kinda grossed out. If that doesn't work, do what the director did and just eat as much junk food as you can, every day, til just the sight of it makes you want to vomit. Can't hurt... or can it?

2004-07-30 12:39 PM

Phoenix, Arizona
Seriously, TRY eating better. They say it takes 4 months to kick a bad habit, if you force yourself to eat better and less and less junk food, soon the junk food will taste like JUNK! My body actually craves salads instead of chocolate bars (I used to eat one a day for many, many years!) Good luck!

Edited by buttercup 2004-07-30 12:44 PM
2004-07-30 12:53 PM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
I can't respond to you because although you eat junk, you still have 10% body fat. Not fair.

Just kidding. Seriously, as buttercup said, it's not going to happen over night, so just try changing a couple things at a time--water instead of soda, one meal a day with a salad, and build from there.

Good luck and welcome!

Kelly
2004-07-30 1:18 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

welcome!  go through your cupboards and get rid of all the crap. then stock your kitchen with good stuff.  only allow one trip a week out for a meal. 

Good luck - that is a tough one!

Best of luck in your training!

2004-07-30 2:39 PM

Connecticut
i'm the same way with chocolate, cookies, carbs! haven't really figured out a way to get over it except trying to cut it out of your diet. i can stay away from chocolate for days, but once i have just one piece, i'm done. i need to have it everyday...i try to have some sorbet instead of ice cream - i love ben and jerry's so that's been SO hard...not eat candy bars at the gas station, i aim for granola bars or cashews/peanuts...i know if i could cut it out, i'd be in such better shape, just haven't really put that much effort into i guess...maybe i'll start today! good luck

2004-07-30 3:53 PM

Maybe we should work together Liz!!!! But, you know seriously, i work my butt off when i train, so i am in good shape, and i'm sure my metabolism is pretty good, so......But, yeah, thanks for the suggestions guys.....its something i really wanna work on, so, guess the presents better than ever to start!!!!! Good luck with training & racing all!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New tri guy Rss Feed