General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » set back Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-01 8:43 PM

New user

wisconsin
Subject: set back
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since i've written last. so much is going on. UGH! First, my mothers in the hospital for surgery, then my boyfriend who's my "coach" got sent to the hospital 2 times last week for emergency visits. so, two ppl in the same hospital during the same week sure got me exhausted. then, tuesday i hurt my ankle running, so doc says i have to stay off of it for a week at least. super sucky! i feel so sluggish. i've not trained for a week and feel like such a whale! i'm so super tired and i'm afraid i'm not gonna get back into it! i mean, i know i will but being so tired and this ankle problem and hospital visits, everything has gone down hill in a majorly fast way - any encouragement would be so wonderful!

2004-08-01 11:32 PM
in reply to: #42431

Veteran
Washington
Subject: RE: set back
Hang in there!! Things will get better. If you can't run, how about doing some swimming or weight lifting over the next couple of weeks to just keep you in the training mindset. I also have pilates tapes that I do at home when I can't seem to get to the gym. Not on your feet at all, and it really makes you work!!
2004-08-01 11:34 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

i have been in that position...it will get better, u will hit a low and that will galvanize u into action again.  or just hang out here and stay motivated.

sorry to hear about things...chin up!

2004-08-02 7:36 AM

New user

wisconsin
thanks guys! A LOT. sometimes things just wanna tie you down and well, i dont wanna just sit back and do nothing. i took a day of rest and relaxation today, get my mind back on track and try to focus again. so, maybe this is what i need. great idea about workin out and what not. thanks. this website is great for support, i appreciate it all! and i'm doing my very best to keep my chin up! You guys are so wonderful...sniff sniff.. I need a tissue! LOL. Thanks again guys for everything....
2004-08-04 9:57 AM

Regular
north end of vancouver island, BC, Canada
Sometimes life gets in the way of training, but, hey, it's life!!!! Hang in there, and try to put some training into your day when ever you can, even if its doing some stairs or stretching and crunches on the floor. Injuries suck for sure!!!! Heal fast and get back into the swing....meanwhile, stick with BT!!!

Darlene
2004-08-04 2:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Keep your head up grump e bear..... It will get better for ya. Heck if nothing else, do some crunches. If you have barbells, use them. Do lots of stretching exercises and pilates if possible. You will be back in the swing of things before you know it.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » set back Rss Feed