Anaconda Sports
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 24m 50s
Overall Rank = 56/70
Age Group = 45-49 M
Age Group Rank = 8/11
Pre-race routine:

Protein shake with berries and cream 2 hours before start.
Event warmup:

Ran about half a mile.
Run
  • 16m 50s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Wasn't sure how to dress. I had a windbreaker over 1 shortsleeve and 1 longsleeve shirt. Too warm for the run, but I didn't want to be cold on the bike.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing; this is a good run for me.
Transition 1
  • 01m 48s
Comments:

Totally disorganized.I didn't plan this out in my head and it took forever. Forgt my gloves and was almost out of transition before I remembered. I don't usually use gloves but it was a little chilly.

Plan it in my head better.
Bike
  • 47m 35s
  • 12.03 miles
  • 15.17 mile/hr
Comments:

I did OK climbing, but I really should get much faster descending. My maximum speed was only 29.2 even though there were some pretty good downhills. I'm just a little too nervous going fast.Was comfortable temperature wise.

Not be a big chicken going downhill, but for that I need way more time in the saddle.
Transition 2
  • 01m 19s
Comments:

Way too slow. I just got new running shoes, and they're a little harder to get on. Took off my jacket which was a good move.
Run
  • 17m 15s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

For some reason both calves were very crampy the first 3/4 mile so I took it easy. By the time I got to the turnaround they were normal so I was able to pick up the pace. About 1/2 mile from the finish I saw a woman about 100 yards in front of me and I thought I could catch her. Got about 20 yards behind her and couldn't get any closer. After the race I told her I tried my best but couldn't catch her and she said she heard me coming and was determined to not let me pass her. Even us slow people can have fun racing.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and chatted. Post race food was provided by Taco Juan's, a Mexican restaurant in Woodstock. The first 2 giant pots were beans which I don't really eat, and tofu chili, and I definitely don't eat tofu. But the 3rd pot had beef chili and it was fantastic! Real chili made with chunks of beef instead of ground beef, hardly any beans, and no tomato sauce! They also had avocadoes that were just cut in half, and I love eating avocadoes just plain like that. Definitely the best post race food this season.

Last multisport race of this season which was my first triathlon season, and I'm a little sad that the it's over for this year, but I'm really looking forward to next year.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough training and I'm slow

Event comments:

This was the first year for this event. They have run a 5 mile running race for 16 years that I have never run, but this was the first duathlon. It went very smoothly, and was a nice small local fun event, and I hope they do it again next year.

Last updated: 2006-10-17 12:00 AM
Running
00:16:50 | 02 miles | 08m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 0/70
Performance:
This is a pretty good 2 miles for me. I just got a garmin 305 2 days ago and for the first time I know my heart rate: AHR=159
Course: out and back. mostly uphill out, and mostly downhill back with about 150' climb heading out.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking
T1
Time: 01:48
Overall: Bad
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:47:35 | 12.03 miles | 15.17 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 0/70
Performance: Average
AHR=153
Wind: None
Course: Out and back kinda hilly, with one especially steep hill.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:19
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal