General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to OKC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-14 10:26 AM

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa
Subject: New to OKC
Just got to OKC on the 22nd of Oct due to my husband's military move. Coming from Alaska. Have taken about 6 weeks off to get hubby home (deployed for 2 years) and to get moved. Looking to get back into training but right now am riding a Trek MTB. Looking for a nice (not too expensive) road/tri bike (not sure I know which is better). Don't know how to swim yet but looking to do 5K's and above and some Du's next season.

Any advice, information would be great.

Stacie

2006-11-14 1:01 PM
in reply to: #598650

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: New to OKC
Hi Stacie ~

There are a couple good tri clubs in OK - TRIOKC and TAT. You might check into the Lighthouse Fitness Center in OKC I know they have a wonderful pool facility and lots of triathletes train there. TRIOKC and TAT put on quite a few events during the year....look for an indoor tri in Tulsa towards the first of next year - we have to change facilities this year - but are trying to it done. There are some sprint distance tris and quite a few duathlons.

www.triokc.org

www.tatok.com

Edited by Tri-It 2006-11-14 1:02 PM
2006-11-19 9:42 AM
in reply to: #598650

User image

Veteran
Edmond, OK
Subject: RE: New to OKC
Welcome Stacie. Steph W and I live in Edmond and run and bike often at Lake Hefner due to the convenience and there are several really good cycling "areas" north and east of OKC. Along with the Tri clubs, check out the Oklahoma City Running Club. They have regular runs all year long and they are a really solid goup of folks.

Hope to see you around!
Chap

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to OKC Rss Feed