General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pearl Izumi running shoes, good or bad idea? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-23 12:19 AM

Subject: Pearl Izumi running shoes, good or bad idea?
I've ran into a bunch of affordable shoes by Pearl Izumi but I'm wondering if they're worth the rubber they're made of when it comes to triathlons. Anyone have some wisdom to share? Thanks..

2006-11-24 6:47 PM
in reply to: #606970

User image

Extreme Veteran
Honolulu,
Subject: RE: Pearl Izumi running shoes, good or bad idea?
I was trying out some PI shoes the other day and they are narrow in my opion. So if unless you have small feet, i dont recomend them
2006-11-25 8:33 AM

User image

Expert
The High Plains

When I first started running, my local running shop put me in a pair of PI shoes. I've got size 10.5 EE feet and had no issues with narrowness. I liked them alot, until I realized that every time I needed a new pair of shoes, PI had changed the models/lasts. Eventually, it got to the point where I would go online (eBay, normally) and buy two pairs of the model I was wearing at the time so I wouldn't have to deal with the changing model scheme.  PI makes high quality shoes - they're very comfortable and just fine for tri and marathon training/racing.

PI has some crazy color schemes; you're not going to see a whole lot of people in them.

I like their shoes alot, but have moved on from PI.

Edited by sranney 2006-11-25 8:35 AM
2006-11-26 11:55 AM

User image

Regular
My wife and I have used the PI syncroGUIDE for about six month. She has done a marathon and alot of 5/10k races in them. I did IMLP and IMFL and the Harrisburg Marathon in them. We both like them alot, great stability, cushioning and fit. While we had both heard that they run narrow neither of us experienced that issue.

My best advice would be to either order them from Zappos.com (two close sizes) since they pay for return shipping; or find a local shop you can try them for yourself.
2006-11-26 11:34 PM

User image

Mesa
I have 2 pairs. The PUSH +(regular training shoe) and the TAKE + (trail shoe). I bought both pairs of Ebay. They are the older models that are being closed out and I picked up both for $45 total with shipping.

I have a regular width foot that is a little wider at the ball of the foot. The shoes fit well and are very comfortable. Even though my other training shoes (Addidas Revolution) have some life left in them, I have been running in the PUSH + because they are a softer ride.
2006-11-26 11:57 PM

I appreciate the input guys. Thanks a lot.

2006-11-28 12:19 PM
in reply to: #608597

User image

Expert
Olathe, KS

I have worn a pair of Push's for a while now and have no issues with them.  Of course I have never really met a running shoe I didn't like. 

Search on eBay for "Pearl Izumi Push Shoes"  - there are some incredible deals (around $20 a pair).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pearl Izumi running shoes, good or bad idea? Rss Feed