Other Resources My Cup of Joe » not enough days... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-05 9:36 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: not enough days...
looking over the schedule of local tris, 5 and 10ks, bike tours, i realize that we need more weekends. which weekends to stay in town and do a race or tour or a tri...and which to go backpacking. anyone else feel pinched in the summer with tri training and racing, and all the other things that you want to do in the summer? my husband was joking that there should be a polar bear tri in minnesota...swim in the icy water, bike in the snow (which i'd be great at!), and then snow shoe or ski! hey, at least that would be one way to fit in a tri when our schedule is less crazy. my time used to be stretched between my garden and backpacking. now its the children, the garden, training, racing, backpacking, etc. not enough days...

2004-08-05 10:27 PM
in reply to: #44292

Veteran
Washington
Subject: RE: not enough days...
then you have to add that silly "jpb thing" into the mix as well and then it really starts to get hairy!! That's how I got so far off course in the first place and had to delay my first tri until next year. That, and I don't have a bike as of yet. To many things on the "must have" list!! Soon, so soon!
2004-08-05 11:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Owen
Hey I am doing the Duluth Adventure Race at the end of September. I am part of a team and I get to do the MILE swim in lake Supeiror. That is close to swimming in icy water.
Mindy
2004-08-06 8:59 AM

User image

molto veloce mama
hey, i grew up swimming in that lake. its not so bad...if you only swim in the top 4 inches of water! best of luck in the race. its on my list for 'maybe next year', so i'm curious to hear what you think of it.
2004-08-06 11:47 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
autumn - i'm with you. living in colorado, the summers are my favorite time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. this summer, i've had a tough time juggling my tri training, work, and weekend backpacking trips, amongst other things. i at least count the backpacking as crosstraining =) but it often leaves me with only 4 days of the week to get my tri workouts in, all after work!! i'm not going to know what to do with myself when the winter comes and things calm down....ski, i guess!!
2004-08-06 2:09 PM

Phoenix, Arizona
I think we should rally for two weekends a week: Sat/Sun and Wed/Thurs. Who WOULDN'T want two weekends er uh we'd have to call them something else... week breaks. The corporate world wouldn't go for it though.... damn and all of those who work for the man wouldn't be able to eat. Foiled again.

I go back to school (full time graphic design at ASU) in two weeks, training for the swim portion of the Chicago tri in 3 weeks, working full time and thinking about trying out an Adventure race in November (which I'll post on the race section later today) and seriously thinking about signing up for the 1/2 marathon here in Phoenix in January. Not to mention I'm going to volunteer at the Tour de Scottsdale October 17th, and the 2005 IM in Tempe. Oh, and there's the boyfriend and 2 teenagers.... but wait, somehow I have to get biking in there so I can do my OWN tri instead of just doing relays....

I think being busy keeps you out of trouble. Here's to biting off more than you can chew and gulping it down anyway!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » not enough days... Rss Feed