General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another not so new intro Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-07 1:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Findlay OH
Subject: Another not so new intro
Well I figured since Jasmine and Fromer had decided to introduce themselves after hanging out and posting a few times, I would too.

This site has been great between the expertise and personalities of the forum addicts to the great articles, training plans and log, I am becoming an addict too. I check in on the forums and post my workouts at least once a day. You all are a great inspiration to get my butt out the door some days and it is appreciated.

So a little about me

I'm 33 and trying tro get my butt back in shape after a few years of work, school and life keeping me from exercising. I am a college professor and 3/4 time doctoral student, plus I like to spend time with my family so workouts can be hard to schedule. I have been training for about a year now but everytime I get close to a race something happens health problems, job, injury, etc. Right now I'm shooting for a super sprint in mid September and am hoping to post times for the virtual tri on the site.

I ran and cycled in HS and played soccer in college, but that was all quite a while ago. I'm currently following a 2x balanced training plan that I adapted from this site. I had knee surgery in May so I could swim and bike but not run for a couple of months. So those two events are going well and now I just need to get the running up to speed.

Anyway I just figured I'd introduce myself so you all will know where I'm coming from.

See ya in the forums,

Iceit99

2004-08-07 3:56 PM
in reply to: #45050

User image

Extreme Veteran
Seattle, WA
Subject: RE: Another not so new intro
Welcome Sue!!!

Best of luck in finally being able to compete!! I hate when circumstances don't allow...especially being a prof/phd student!!!

Good to see you around. Happy training!!

Jasmine
2004-08-07 5:09 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome!  I always liked your picture.  Any races coming up?
2004-08-07 7:46 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the greatest spot in the world!
2004-08-13 2:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Welcome to Tri-spot. Good luck with your training and remember to try and have fun with it all.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another not so new intro Rss Feed