General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri clubs near Lehigh Valley? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-07 9:46 AM

User image

Master
Subject: Tri clubs near Lehigh Valley?
Does anyone know any tri clubs near the Lehigh Valley? Haven't found much on Google ...

I especially need to find someone -- preferably an incredibly patient person because I'm slow -- in the spring to practice open water swimming with. The two sprints I did I completely panicked when I couldn't see in the water.

2006-12-07 3:59 PM
in reply to: #618416

User image

Subject: RE: Tri clubs near Lehigh Valley?

do me a favor and send me an email, [email protected]

i'm from east stroudsburg, and i train twice a week with a good friend who's completed two ironmans and won several other triathlons in his AG (he's 48). On the weekends during the spring summer we usually ride, run, swim, or brick with a few of his friends (a group of 5 of them) in the lehigh valley area who are quite seasoned triathletes. I was quite new to triathlons after being a cyclist for some years, and they showed me the ropes and really helped me out with my swim and run, only in return for me spanking them on the bike.

if you'd like to join us in the spring or summer to train, we'd be more than happy to have you come out...they are all super nice guys and gals. And, like most triathletes, are quick to help the newcomers and help them have fun while being fast. If it wasnt for them, i think i'd never have started having fun doing tri's after cycling for so long. shoot me an email if you want me to contact you when we get something together in the early spring

-dan

edit: if you arent yet comfortable with hooking up with a group, let me know and I'll train with you. I'm not by any means an expert swimmer, but i went through the same "freak out" in my first OWS and it always helps to have someone else there. i dont get back from college until the beginning of june (i'm in philly now), and thats peak cycling season, but during some of my weekends off i'd love to help you out.

Edited by levels1069 2006-12-07 4:01 PM
2007-07-09 7:48 AM
in reply to: #618416

User image

Veteran
Pennsylvania
I'm in Pottstown and am trying desperately to find a place to do OWS training that isn't a two hour drive away. Do either of you know of any locations? I did my first OWS with a friend of mine in GA this past weekend (long story) and had a huge panic attack once I was about 100m from shore, and I'm trying to find another OWS before my first tri in two weeks.
2007-07-09 1:15 PM
in reply to: #876906

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pa
I'm in Bucks County and having the same difficulty finding somewhere to OWS.  
2007-07-09 2:41 PM
in reply to: #877589

User image

Veteran
Pennsylvania
I'm doing an OWS set up by CGI Racing in Wenonah, NJ. Their website is www.cgiracing.com. Yeah, I really don't want to drive two hours to get there, but I sorely need the experience. I would give a lot to have some OWS practice in the area.
2007-07-09 4:53 PM
in reply to: #618901

User image

NJ/ PA
OMG! I'm so e-mailing you levels1069...hehe I'm in the Easton, PA area right now and I am in desperate need of some group support/training. I knew there had to be more out here in the Lehigh Valley like me.

2007-07-09 5:10 PM
in reply to: #876906

User image

NJ/ PA
stump312 - 2007-07-09 8:48 AM

I'm in Pottstown and am trying desperately to find a place to do OWS training that isn't a two hour drive away. Do either of you know of any locations? I did my first OWS with a friend of mine in GA this past weekend (long story) and had a huge panic attack once I was about 100m from shore, and I'm trying to find another OWS before my first tri in two weeks.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how far, drive-wise, Pottstown is located from it, but I know that "Dutch Springs" is right in Bethlehem... www.dutchsprings.com It's actually a quarry that is open to the public and they do scuba diving stuff there, but they also allow OWS for those of us who want to practice Best of luck on your upcoming race!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri clubs near Lehigh Valley? Rss Feed