Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » LIKELY MOVING TO OTTAWA Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-10 6:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Cole Harbour, NS
Subject: LIKELY MOVING TO OTTAWA

All,

Recently met with my career manager and he indicated i will likely be moving to Ottawa, any tips on where to buy?  I will probably be working downtown, NDHQ.  I am open to any suggestions but am favouring the Kanata area; Embrun (sp?) has also been mentioned as a good place.  A bike commute would be great.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions are welcome.  If your a realtor even better, but I won't know for sure unitl Feb/Mar 07, no hard sell SVP.

My major concerns are good middle school/High school, good minor hockey association; proximity to training (lake & bike paths).  These aren't necessarily my wifes preferences.

2006-12-10 7:02 PM
in reply to: #620503

User image

Extreme Veteran
Guelph
Subject: RE: LIKELY MOVING TO OTTAWA

Congrats!

Ottawa is a great city. I have family that lives up there. I have no idea where's the best place to live. The trails are great and you could train in the Gatneau hills which are awesome.

Good luck

2006-12-10 7:29 PM

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario

Ottawa is definitely a great city.  Too bad you didn't write sooner because I just sold my house in the Gloucester area.  This area is great for younger families.  The bike commute to NDHQ from here is approximately 8 kilometers.   There is a middle school just up the hill from where I live and a /High school 2 kms away.  I do not know about minor hockey associations but I am sure that there are plenty.  As for training, there is a wonderful training area in the National Research Council land one km from here where they have cycle races every week.  The Rockcliffe Parkway is only 5 minutes away.  Dow's lake is 10kms away with mostly pathways to bike on.  Kanata is farther away and a very long and wearisome drive in as is Embrun. 

If you are looking for a good real estate agent, try Jack Marsal at ReMax.  We wasted six months with another agent, then switched to him.  He found us a dream home in Welling Village within a week and sold our house in less than 2 weeks!  PM me for more info.

Edited by Machiavelo 2006-12-10 7:30 PM
2006-12-23 7:34 PM

Ottawa
Embrum would be a little far to bike. Kanata, not too bad, depends on what you like to do for a commute.. Try this web site for housing.
www.oreb.ca. It is MLS listing by districts in Ottawa.
Ottawa is a great Tri city.
Many races...
Good luck in your search... feel free to ask any questions... I do know the city very well. Know a lot of Tri clubs as well.
2007-06-07 8:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Cole Harbour, NS
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » LIKELY MOVING TO OTTAWA Rss Feed