General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Reintroduction Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-11 8:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bethpage, New York
Subject: Reintroduction
Well, i joined the site a few months ago and was really into the training log and using the site, but injury and illness caused me to fall off track. I'm now back with a new goal and increased motivation. I'll be racing St. Anthony's at the end of April so I'm here to work. I'm always open to suggestions and inspiration...so lay it on me. I'm new to the sport, but have been running for many many years, and have a small swimming background. Best of luck to everyone on their endeavors.

2006-12-11 8:28 PM
in reply to: #621569

User image

Champion
Carlsbad, California
Subject: RE: Reintroduction
Welcome back and good luck with your training.

Stay Healthy and good luck at St. A
2006-12-11 8:45 PM

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills

Welcome back ... coming off an injury is difficult but you are at the right place to learn how to work your way through and avoid it in the future.

While this does not sound right, believe it or not starting slow will actually make you faster ... both in terms of building a base of fitness and by preventing injury - which in most cased is the penalty one pays for doing too much, too soon (I know this from experience ).

Couple kernels of humble advice: pick one of the training plans on the front page and then stick to it (it will provide direction to workouts and are geared to escalate in manner that will increase your fitness in the most productive manner possible), use your logs (it is almost impossible to know where you are going unless you first know where you have been) and ask question ... any questions.

Unlike slowtwitch.com other forums, you will not get yelled at or flamed by asking something (although you might want to try the "Search Forums" link at the top of the screen - under the "Store" button - to find threads that may have already been started on te same or similar subjects.)

See you at St. A's.

2006-12-13 1:58 PM

User image

Expert
searching for the elusive runner's high!
Welcome back! Your goal of St. Anthony's is an admirable one...good luck with your training and I agree with the advice to take it slow. It will make you faster in the long run!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Reintroduction Rss Feed