BT Development Mentor Program Archives » marymosc13's group THE V.A.M.P.S., FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2007-03-01 3:49 PM
in reply to: #630120

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Subject: RE: marymosc13's group THE V.A.M.P.S., FULL
Hey, ladies!!!

Great challenge and congratulations to the victorious VAMPS!

Thanks for challenging us this past month & good luck to y'all!

Kristen

2007-03-01 8:17 PM
in reply to: #708182

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: challenge congratulations
enders_shadow - 2007-03-01 4:49 PM Hey, ladies!!! Great challenge and congratulations to the victorious VAMPS! Thanks for challenging us this past month & good luck to y'all! Kristen
Thanks, Kristen. It was a tough challenge, and pretty close when you think about it... everyone deserves a pat on the back!
2007-03-01 8:19 PM
in reply to: #707795

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
marymosc13 - 2007-03-01 12:36 PM

Please go over the numbers for week 4 carefully for me - I'm gonna check in w/Carol to see what they have. Thanks so much for a great challenge month, we all accomplished an amazing goal - to get moving!

it's official, i talked to Carol earlier. we have won the challenge! congratulations all around!
2007-03-03 9:30 AM
in reply to: #708440

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself as the new girl on the block! My name is Sue and I am very excited to join the VAMPs. Thank you, Mary, for letting me in even though you are technically full. And congrats to eveyone on winning the Feb challenge!! Whooo hooo!!!

A little about myself:
I have been stuck at 29 for about 5 years now (ha ha you do the math) and live in New Jersey with my husband. We have no children yet but we are VERY avid scuba divers. I contract in the pharma industry as a validation engineer and, in fact, I am starting at a new contract this monday which happens to be further from my home. This is ironic to me because on Monday, I also plan to start the 20-week olympic tri training program from this site.

My specific goal for 2007 is to complete the NJ State olympic tri in under 3 hours. Timewise, that's a pretty lofty goal. I am not a fast athlete in any of the three sports. That's why I am starting early!! This will not be my first tri...but it is my first olympic distance. And it will be my first in about 6 years. I don't really remember why I stopped racing but I did enjoy it so back into the saddle I go.

Last summer / fall I dropped over 30 pounds on a fun excercise program that my friend helped me build and on a careful diet. I have taken it easy this winter (which is part of the reason my log is pretty blank) with both eating right and working out. Haven't gained anything back but starting Monday...the diet is back on too.

So good luck to all of you with your goals this year. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this group and hopefully helping with some future challenges!!!

Sue
2007-03-03 10:51 AM
in reply to: #710052

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
diversue - 2007-03-03 10:30 AM Hi Everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as the new girl on the block! My name is Sue and I am very excited to join the VAMPs. Thank you, Mary, for letting me in even though you are technically full. And congrats to eveyone on winning the Feb challenge!! Whooo hooo!!! A little about myself: I have been stuck at 29 for about 5 years now (ha ha you do the math) and live in New Jersey with my husband. We have no children yet but we are VERY avid scuba divers. I contract in the pharma industry as a validation engineer and, in fact, I am starting at a new contract this monday which happens to be further from my home. This is ironic to me because on Monday, I also plan to start the 20-week olympic tri training program from this site. My specific goal for 2007 is to complete the NJ State olympic tri in under 3 hours. Timewise, that's a pretty lofty goal. I am not a fast athlete in any of the three sports. That's why I am starting early!! This will not be my first tri...but it is my first olympic distance. And it will be my first in about 6 years. I don't really remember why I stopped racing but I did enjoy it so back into the saddle I go. Last summer / fall I dropped over 30 pounds on a fun excercise program that my friend helped me build and on a careful diet. I have taken it easy this winter (which is part of the reason my log is pretty blank) with both eating right and working out. Haven't gained anything back but starting Monday...the diet is back on too. So good luck to all of you with your goals this year. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this group and hopefully helping with some future challenges!!! Sue
Hi Sue and welcome, I only have a second, have tons to do to get ready to go away this weekend, mini-trip to the rental units house for fam-stuff... i'll respond more appropo later! VAMPS Rock!
2007-03-03 8:58 PM

Regular
Lone Star State
No exercise for me this week. My husband is in the IRR and got his activation notice & orders this week. It is quite a shock. He was in the reserves for almost ten years and then active for four. He has only been home for 16 months and was just getting back in to the swing of things. It has been a crazy week!

2007-03-05 1:01 AM

Hi Sue, Welcome.

LOL, I am 29 plus 5 as well. Must have been a good year, eh? Congrats on the weight loss. You have fouind a great group of girls for support and motivation.

Michele
2007-03-05 7:07 AM
in reply to: #710453

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

Brachiator - 2007-03-03 9:58 PM No exercise for me this week. My husband is in the IRR and got his activation notice & orders this week. It is quite a shock. He was in the reserves for almost ten years and then active for four. He has only been home for 16 months and was just getting back in to the swing of things. It has been a crazy week!

my prayers are with you both. where will he be sent?

2007-03-05 8:23 AM

Welcome Sue and hello everyone.

I have been in my own world. I find that it silly but I was struggling just to get my exercise and work in to get through last month, I would jump on and log my minutes because I did not want to hurt the challeneg. Although I am sorry I did not send personal coaching responses. I am soo glad the month is over. I did not make my mini goal of ten punds off. I exercised everyday except a couple but I seemed to eat whatever and whenever. Darn those girl scout cookies..... ALTHOUGH I LOVE THEM!!!!!! I restarted Weight Watchers and am hoping that with the exercise will make a difference..

Bariachtor- Your family is my thoughts. WIll send all my good juju and thoughts your family's way.

Mary- I am sorry about your leg.....

Here is to a great month!!!!!

Jenny
2007-03-05 12:42 PM
in reply to: #710453

User image

Regular
Pennsylvania
Any idea where he is going or with what unit? What is his MOS? Does he need anything? I'm only an email away ok.

Let me know how I can assist you or him.
2007-03-05 12:46 PM

User image

Regular
Pennsylvania
Welcome Sue!

Ladies, I just wanted to share the events of my weekend with ya'll! I got about 2.5 hours of sleep Saturday night but it was a good weekend! We (the unit I am in) took over a haunted prison in West Virginia and basically played paintball through it at night on Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning we went through some OC (pepper spray) training and got hit with a fog of it....man did that hurt!!!

Have a great week ladies! SMILES!!!

2007-03-06 6:04 PM
in reply to: #711918

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

QuietGirl04 - 2007-03-05 1:46 PM Welcome Sue! Ladies, I just wanted to share the events of my weekend with ya'll! I got about 2.5 hours of sleep Saturday night but it was a good weekend! We (the unit I am in) took over a haunted prison in West Virginia and basically played paintball through it at night on Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning we went through some OC (pepper spray) training and got hit with a fog of it....man did that hurt!!! Have a great week ladies! SMILES!!!

okay that has to be the strangest way to spend your weekend i've heard in a long time.

hope you're rested up from that craziness

2007-03-06 6:08 PM

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

hey all,

thanks to my sister - yours truly is (and others in my family are) getting a chance for a one-on-one with a woman who finished ironman florida this year. she's a pro triathlete, has sponsors and everything and is a police sergeant w/my brother in law(s) (yeah, two cops in my family!) anyway, this saturday she's coming to my parents house to give us tips and advice for our training and race schedules. why am i telling you this? its so you can use me! if you have a question for someone who's done an ironman and lived to tell about it, fire away! nothing is off limits... no such thing as stupid questions here, i mean it... anything and everything is game. just post it here or PM me...it can be about cycling, swimming, running or all three - and she knows her stuff, obviously. so give it some thought, but get me the questions by friday night okay?

hope everyone is doing okay! hugs all around -mary

Edited by marymosc13 2007-03-06 6:09 PM
2007-03-08 6:01 AM

Hey - that would be cool Mary. Have fun.

I have 2 cops in my family, too. My BIL and my cousin. Another of my BIL's is a fireman.

On an unhappy note - my FIL passed away yesterday so things have been turned upside down here. Not much of anything happening. I still haven't ridden my bike with my new bike shoes because it has actually been raining a lot as well. My kids are going back to school in the morning and I am looking forward to some 'alone time' on the bike.

'til later,
Michele
2007-03-08 7:14 AM

User image

Veteran
Wow Mary what an incredible opportunity!  Make the most of it  Of course I can't think of any questions now, but I'll look forward to a full report from you.
2007-03-08 10:23 AM
in reply to: #715636

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Michelet - 2007-03-08 7:01 AM Hey - that would be cool Mary. Have fun. I have 2 cops in my family, too. My BIL and my cousin. Another of my BIL's is a fireman. On an unhappy note - my FIL passed away yesterday so things have been turned upside down here. Not much of anything happening. I still haven't ridden my bike with my new bike shoes because it has actually been raining a lot as well. My kids are going back to school in the morning and I am looking forward to some 'alone time' on the bike. 'til later, Michele
so very sorry to hear about your father in law. my condolences to your family. exercise can really help during those times. take care of yourself and here's a (hug) from me. -m

2007-03-08 10:24 AM
in reply to: #715666

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
KLynne - 2007-03-08 8:14 AM Wow Mary what an incredible opportunity!  Make the most of it  Of course I can't think of any questions now, but I'll look forward to a full report from you.
okey-dokey!
2007-03-08 7:51 PM

Ok so I have been thinking..... My biggest fear is the transition. I am practicing my bricks, but I am scared. Any advice on those from anyone would be great........

Any great equipment.... I know this person is doing something wayyyyyy harder tahn me but it would be great to know any equipment that they think is the best....

THANKS!
2007-03-08 8:59 PM

User image

Veteran
OK I've thought of one.  What should we spend money on and whats not so important.  For instance, should we buy the best bike we can possibly afford and just get a rather cheap wetsuit? Or do we need to try and get the best of everything?  Also, what about swimming?  I've heard that triathletes should absolutely work with "real" swimmers, like in a masters program and I've also heard the argument that just swimming on your own is fine and that the swimming isn't really that important, especially in sprint distance...
2007-03-09 11:48 AM
in reply to: #716756

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

sut2burns - 2007-03-08 8:51 PM Ok so I have been thinking..... My biggest fear is the transition. I am practicing my bricks, but I am scared. Any advice on those from anyone would be great........ Any great equipment.... I know this person is doing something wayyyyyy harder tahn me but it would be great to know any equipment that they think is the best.... THANKS!

i'll be sure to ask Maggie your questions... they're good ones!

2007-03-09 11:49 AM
in reply to: #716806

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

KLynne - 2007-03-08 9:59 PM OK I've thought of one.  What should we spend money on and whats not so important.  For instance, should we buy the best bike we can possibly afford and just get a rather cheap wetsuit? Or do we need to try and get the best of everything?  Also, what about swimming?  I've heard that triathletes should absolutely work with "real" swimmers, like in a masters program and I've also heard the argument that just swimming on your own is fine and that the swimming isn't really that important, especially in sprint distance...

ok miss "i can't think of anything"

great questions, consider them asked!

2007-03-12 7:44 AM

User image

Regular
Pennsylvania
Mornin' ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I just thought I would share that I ran 5.8 miles yesterday!!!! I haven't ran that far since I was preparing for Basic Training over 8 years ago!!! What is even crazier is that I was laying on my couch on Sunday after church and just felt like going for a run... and as I was running I felt like Forrest Gump so I just kept running...from my home to my church!

Anyway...have a great week and keep smilin'!
2007-03-12 9:41 AM
in reply to: #719499

User image

Veteran
Whoa!  You go girl
2007-03-12 9:45 AM
in reply to: #719499

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ

QuietGirl04 - 2007-03-12 8:44 AM Mornin' ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I just thought I would share that I ran 5.8 miles yesterday!!!! I haven't ran that far since I was preparing for Basic Training over 8 years ago!!! What is even crazier is that I was laying on my couch on Sunday after church and just felt like going for a run... and as I was running I felt like Forrest Gump so I just kept running...from my home to my church! Anyway...have a great week and keep smilin'!
"laf is lahk uh box uh chocolates, you never know whut you gunna git." i guess you got a nice run outta life on sunday. way to go. feels like spring up here in new jersey today, temps reaching 60 by this afternoon, maybe... ahhh, feels great! going through my notes from saturday so i can give answers to your questions, i may have to consult w/carol on a few, but stay tuned.

have a terrific day everyone. -m

Edited by marymosc13 2007-03-12 9:45 AM
2007-03-13 6:10 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Hello VAMPS!!

Hello Lovely Ladies!!

I have been lost the last few weeks! I missed SO much!! Sara, so sorry to hear about your husbands orders. Definately sending out prayers for you!

WELCOME SUE!! So glad to have you! We love new additions and hope you enjoy. 

Mary, I'm totally bummed I missed your whole question and answer thing. That would have been awesome (not that I have any intelligent questions to ask though), but I hope you had the most incredible time chillin' with the pros! What a great opportunity!

Michele, your trip to the US is coming up isn't it? How exciting. The weather is BEAUTIFUL in Utah right now, so I hope it stays this way for you! My crocus's are popping up all over in the grass! It's so cute!

I hope everyone is doing well! It's so good to read all your sweet posts again! Have a great day!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » marymosc13's group THE V.A.M.P.S., FULL Rss Feed  

of 17