BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun's Group -Full, off and running :) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2007-05-14 8:29 PM
in reply to: #633464

Subject: RE: Ontherun's Group -Full, off and running :)

Sorry guys I disapeared for a little while ...

And I haven't been working out much - I hurt my Achilles tendon and my shoulder, and I have used that as an excuse not to do anything for a while.

I have not totally disappeared as I still log on and take a look at your workouts - but since I have not done much I feel that less scrutininy from my mentor group will minimize the guilt.

I will run out of excuses tomorrow as it is the last big presentation day. And also the end of the academic year.

It was my Bday today, I hope I will use that as a new milestone to start/resume good workout habits.

Thanks team ... and thank you mentor (On The Run) I look forward to becoming a stronger member.

Desty

2007-05-15 8:40 AM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
Happy Bday Desty! I hope your injuries recover quickly.

Has anyone heard of those bike tires that never go flat? They're filled with some kind of 'substance' instead of an inner tube....I'm going to do some research....

2007-05-15 2:01 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

no worries about excusses. I have had a boat load myself. I can not remember a week in the last 2 months with more than 4 workouts in it, let alone the 6 I want to see. I too hope to turn a corner soon. One of my personal biggest issues lately has been a battle with low self estime. I am trying to do it all, and not getting anything done. So back at it again tommorow, and see what that will bring.

2007-05-15 2:01 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

no worries about excusses. I have had a boat load myself. I can not remember a week in the last 2 months with more than 4 workouts in it, let alone the 6 I want to see. I too hope to turn a corner soon. One of my personal biggest issues lately has been a battle with low self estime. I am trying to do it all, and not getting anything done. So back at it again tommorow, and see what that will bring.

2007-05-15 2:42 PM

User image

Tiffin, Ohio
Keep in mind that the no-flat tubes are heavier than the regular ones and they are only puncture resistant, not puncture proof. The only road flat I had in over 1000 miles last year was so huge that no slime could have plugged it.
2007-05-15 5:56 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Also, if you are talking about the slime you add after a flat, you tire will be well out of balance and could cause a crash if you were to fix a flat with slime.

2007-05-16 7:36 PM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
Ok folks...we have to remember some workouts are better than no workouts, right? I didn't get my swim in today...bad day at work...bad day at home...and I still have to teach a class tonight. I got some miles on the bike going to & from work & to class, so I'll take that as my workout for today.

Isn't it funny how guilty we feel for not meeting our daily workout goals? We shouldn't feel guilty. Never. Same with the extra few pounds we might carry. Sigh.

Let's have a new goal....no more guilt for the rest of the month!

I hope everyone is having a good week despite our guilt.

2007-05-18 9:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
yes Helen, any workout is better than none. We all do the best we can with the situation we have. we know you are doing your best.

everyone have a wonderful weekend, and try to be in the pink at some point.

Amy in Indiana
2007-05-19 11:44 PM

User image

Hey
Any one running in Wheelig WV next weekend?
2007-05-21 10:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hey group, aren't we all proud of Breezy? I'm very impressed with the academic achievement she has made... WAY TO GO BREEZY!!!!!!!! I like the happy smile on picture because I like to put a face to a name, and I couldn't see your smile or your eyes on the last picture.

CC, sorry to say I won't be in WV next weekend. I will still be here in Southern Indiana. Good luck with the run, you have made some great physical accomplishment here lately... WAY TO GO TO YOU TOO!!!!

The rest of us have reason to celebrate to because we are still in the game and working very hard toward our goals.

Hey Helen, lets kick butt this week. How's about it?

2007-05-21 2:55 PM

User image

Tiffin, Ohio
Thanks Amy.

2007-05-27 1:53 PM

User image

Well the race came and went on Sat. Ogden Classic 20K was a good race to run. I finished 235 out of 557 people pretty good for my first year raceing peroid. Out of my age group I finished 15th out of 30. THat was actually right where I planned in mid pack.

ALl in all a good race, a challenge, physically a good challenge especialy 29th st hill. A 2mile hill climb, gaining over 600 feet. That hill is right in the middle or the course at mile 4 and ends at mile 6. Tough and well worth the effort.

Well orginized race, if you have a chance and like the challenge of long distance running, this race is a must. I am all ready geared up for next years race.

2007-05-30 5:50 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

nice job CC!

Sorry I am stil quite quite here. Days away from the race I have been waiting 4 years for. Hope all are well and will try to catch up a little next week.

2007-05-30 10:50 PM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
Hey gang! Looks like everyone's hanging in there. Goog luck Joe...way to go CC...

Now my cold is almost over, I can get back into it. Hopefully a nice long easy ride tomorrow followed by a little run????
2007-06-08 9:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geee, we really don't say much here anymore. Hello, who else has never raced a tri???? Me.

Thanks Breezy for cheering me on. Thanks Helen for taking an interest.

Really, I guess when it comes down to it......WE ARE ALL ON OUR OWN.

Amy in Indiana....still logging and so excited to be tri-IN....................
2007-06-08 10:10 PM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
I'm still here Amy! Just life is getting in the way of training

But...went for a swim tonight, felt good. Should be going for a ride tomorrow. I went to the grocery store & bought lots of goodies for a nice long ride. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2007-06-28 9:10 PM

Hi Gang - Guess who's back ???

After a prolonged disappearance, I am back in full force.

I have spent 3 weeks abroad, where the local pub scene was way more compeling than the hotel gym. I did walk a lot, and had sufficient time to do some serious introspection and analyze my past performance (or lack thereof) and rethink how important a part of my life I want TRI to be.

Upon my return, I decided to gear up and take my TRI goals seriously. I hope this time I will manage to maintain some consistency.

I have purchased a 2006 Cannondale Synapse 3 (105) and brand new Mizuno running shoes, and renewed by BT membership. I figured that the guilt of the extravagant expense will help with initial motivation. And since the time abroad was for work, it was a good way to reward myself for the time sacrificed for work instead of tri. (Oh well, whatever it takes to rationalize an emotional decision)

I managed a 2.5mile jog in a state park, and a 30 min bike ride this morning. I forgot how enjoyable was the feeling of fresh air flowing on your face ... beats the YMCA bikes ...

That being said, I have kept an eye on your individual performances, and hope to become a stronger contributor to the group as of July ...

Any individual / team goals for July ?

Cheers

Desty

2007-07-03 6:36 AM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
well, I would like to say "job well done" to the team. You have been going now here on BT for 6+ months of training, WOW!! Who would have thought that races could be so much fun!! Nice job guys and keep up the good work.
2007-07-03 8:52 AM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
Hey gang...sorry so silent....life has been busy. I did my 1/2 IM last Sunday...I'm still alive & able to do stairs...but I did come in last (only 13 participants though)....

Life is great! And I'm pumped for July & August training for the full IM...(I probably will switch to the half though)

Ok...off to work....yawn

2007-08-01 10:44 PM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member
Well gang, it's Aug 1. How's the training going? My training partner has snagged me a couple of times this week for longer training sessions & I'm glad she did. I'm still not sure about the full IM, but she is motivating me so much, that I haven't changed my registration to the half...yet.

Everytime I get out there for a run or bike when it's not 37c it just feels so good to have that fresh air...now who could complain about 16 hours of it in fall with beautiful scenery & wonderful volunteers helping every step of the way?

I'm thinking it's a go for the full IM...today anyway!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer

Helen

2007-08-03 11:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wow... it sounds like your doing great Helen. I will be watching to see if you do the IM, my plan was to do one in 3-4 years, but I also have a training partner that is nudging me to do 1/2 next year and full the next, we will see. My training is going very well also. I have two great training groups and we are training every day except Sunday. I have learned a lot about myself and it is all good. This is definately my thing and it keeps me so mentally and physically focused. I think it will be hard for me after my race in two weeks...what then. But the group trains all year round so I won't be alone.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Amy in Indiana

2007-10-29 3:17 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Well it has been 10 mos since this thread was started, and I just wanted to say to the group, I am proud of you for staying at it. Sorry I have not inspired much, but I am so proud of those of you who have stuck with the sport. Hope you are having fun and enjoying the "off season"
2007-10-30 1:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thanks Joe!

I'm not really taking an off season, I am gearing up for all the 5, 7 and 10k races I plan on doing over the next 6 months. I got off to a good start on training for my first Triathlon here, and I really appreciate the time some of the members took to encourage and see me through. I think the biggest thanks is to Breezy "April" for always giving encouragement and praise, and always making me feel that someone was there to pick me up and push me forward... I still value her opinion and feel she has some sound advice.

To all of you that didn't reach your goals. Please don't give up! Everytime you reach for a goal and fall just a bit short, you are still just that much closer to making it, so start fresh and go for it!!!! We are all just chasing down a dream until we hit it smack in the face at the finish line, after we catch one dream we need to start chasing the next, our bodies and mind need the challenge to make us feel new and energized... So keep crawling, walking, running, jumping, swimming, biking, hiking and laughing, it's "all" good.

Take care...

Amy in Indiana
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun's Group -Full, off and running :) Rss Feed  

of 11