of 3

2007-03-05 4:38 PM
in reply to: #634804

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
Subject: RE: Coredump's Group - FULL
It's now march ..... and I'm back!

4 mile time trial run on new routes tonight. god, that hurt!! Jitsu and a swim tomorrow should be better if I don't get killed or drown

so how everyone else doing?

Edited by Graycat 2007-03-05 4:40 PM

2007-04-19 12:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
hey all

it's now 10 days to my first event ...... yep, no panic as of yet but am getting worried!

Not worried about the cycle or run as I've already proved I can do them in about 1:40 on hilly terrain but the swim is another thing entirely.

Just keep reminding myself that this is just to get a feel for racing (as is the next one) all working towards London in August.

oh well, ramblings over. normal service can resume now
2007-04-20 12:27 AM
in reply to: #768588

User image

Mesa
Graycat - 2007-04-19 11:47 AM

hey all

it's now 10 days to my first event ...... yep, no panic as of yet but am getting worried!

Not worried about the cycle or run as I've already proved I can do them in about 1:40 on hilly terrain but the swim is another thing entirely.

Just keep reminding myself that this is just to get a feel for racing (as is the next one) all working towards London in August.

oh well, ramblings over. normal service can resume now

Tim,
Never fear the water... You can do it! I have total confidence in you. It will be a great experience for you and will lead to a great race in London!
2007-04-24 7:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
Thanks for the support, guys Have no fear though - I conquered the water earlier in the week so am feeling much more relaxed about sunday.

To that end I've got a few questions:

Food on the day - is it worth eating anything during the bike ride?

Drinking during the race - water v sports drink?

Transitions - I'm not planning on going as fast as I can through these as I'm just there to complete my first race. To that end i'm going to be racing in pretty much what i train in, ie: mountain bike shoes and socks for the run etc etc. I have got tri shoes for the bike but i'm not going to use them until the next race as I've not trained in them.
My plan at the moment is to get a plastic storage box and have my running shoes at the bottom, bike shoes, lid, socks etc on top in the order I'm going to pull them on.

Does this sound right to you guys? Any tips you can give would be great at this point lol

Cheers all
2007-04-24 8:33 PM
in reply to: #775319

User image

Mesa
Graycat - 2007-04-24 6:29 PM

Thanks for the support, guys Have no fear though - I conquered the water earlier in the week so am feeling much more relaxed about sunday.

To that end I've got a few questions:

Food on the day - is it worth eating anything during the bike ride?

Drinking during the race - water v sports drink?

Transitions - I'm not planning on going as fast as I can through these as I'm just there to complete my first race. To that end i'm going to be racing in pretty much what i train in, ie: mountain bike shoes and socks for the run etc etc. I have got tri shoes for the bike but i'm not going to use them until the next race as I've not trained in them.
My plan at the moment is to get a plastic storage box and have my running shoes at the bottom, bike shoes, lid, socks etc on top in the order I'm going to pull them on.

Does this sound right to you guys? Any tips you can give would be great at this point lol

Cheers all

It is a sprint so...

1. Food - Eat a energy bar about a hour or so before the race. If you want you can eat a gel about 15 minutes before or after the swim.

2. Sports drink vs water - If you have trained with a sports drink, take a bottle of it on the bike. You should only need one... if you feel you need more take a bottle of water.

3. Transitions - don't worry about a box. Take a bath towel. Lay it out and set your running shoes to the back, then bike shoes, then bike helmet w/sunglasses. If you are going to wear a jersey that you did not swim in, lay it on top of your helmet. (my first race I put my helmet on then realized I needed to put my shirt on) If you are going to eat a gel after the swim, place it to the side of your bike shoes. If you are putting socks on put them on top of your shoes (I usually roll them back so they are easy to put on. Also if you are worried about wet feet leave a little bit of towel at the front to step on and dry off with.

Don't sweat it... You are going to do great! Go out there and make the Coredump group proud!
2007-04-27 1:37 PM
in reply to: #775371

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
Cheers for the advice, chile. Good point on the using a towel to lay stuff out on - I'm definitely using that one and trying to keep my kit to a minimum

Right off for a spin and a swim now

2007-04-30 5:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
Well, I survived!

Had a great time doing it even though it was really tough (gotta love cramps!). People were really friendly and supportive throughout and I'll definitely be back for more

Thanks for the support and advice, guys. Hey, I even wore my BT.com t-shirt afterwards! lol

Tim/.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Coredump's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 3