BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Prof40's Group -- Technically full but ... Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 72

2007-01-09 7:17 AM
in reply to: #640246

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Prof40's Group -- OPEN
Well, Professor, you are definitely keeping up with us all and responding with encouragement and good old fashioned common sense--thanks! Figures the snorkle thingy isn't allowed! Now I have to actually avoid swallowing all the water--if I swallow it all, there won't be much of a race! Didja all know you can write off Y memberships, gym memberships, equipment, registration fees and even nutritional gels, etc.? Yep, I'm writing my Y membership out of my Health Savings Account and it's perfectly okay with the IRS. Anything for the maintenance of health or prevention of disease, i.e. preventing couch potato butt, is a legitimate write off for medical! Of course, I'm the only poor soul who's self-employed and needs the write off.....Okay, next stupid question....I'm doing what this site recommended and did 20 minutes on the bike day one, 30 minutes day two and 50 minutes today. But, my bike computer is hooked up to the front wheel, which isn't used on a trainer. And, I can't get my pedometer to work on a bike, no matter where I hook it on me--and leg movements on a bike produce more actual mileage than running, so it wouldn't be accurate. So, I try to keep pace with music like Devo's "Peekaboo", "Working in a coal mine", and "Big mess"--you know, 4/4 time. I have my bike on 5th gear. Any estimates of mileage???? By the way, I do "intervals" on my minitrampoline to Pussycat Dolls' "Bite the Dust", ten times in a row. I punch to Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas. Told you I'm a music junkie! I'm tentatively planning on doing at least a half marathon August 11 up in Hurley, Wisconsin--the Paavo Nurmi race. I have an ex-boyfriend up there that I just emailed to do it with me. He has run 4 marathons and we are actually the best of friends--we just live 6 hours from one another and each have kids, careers, etc. that made the relationship too hard. He doesn't have any technique answers, he just goes out and runs--period. But, he's one of my support group, too. Good job, everyone--keep it up!!

2007-01-09 9:59 AM

User image

Minneapolis
Anymore room in here?
Me, I am doing my first mini sprint distance tri next weekend 1/14 (indoor at my gym) hoping to do it in one hour 25 mintues. I have been training scince Nov. Looking for support around training with a busy life schudule (I do not care how much I should drink during a run, I want to know what will get me closer to the finsh line). I am a big girl (about 210 but losing and toning), I am queer, meaning I am married to a boy who use to be a girl, I am a black and sassy. I am also a recovering food addict (my drug is food and processed sugar; I have a meetings and a sponsor, but wanted to let you know who I am).

I am willing to work hard and reach my goals. I am a local 5k princess; I did 10 last year. I also bike through a mentroship program; big rides last year were 17, 25, 35, 15 miles. I have also taught water aerobics for the last 3 years SOOO tri seem like the next best steps. If you will have me, I am looking for mentor who has wit (check), sass (check) and who is willing to read my log and say yep you are working hard enough or say more your ! let me know!
2007-01-09 10:12 AM

User image

Minneapolis
ps i forgot, my goals this year
if i get pregnant:
one 5k a month! first is 1/21 (already chosen for year; I have a group of friends who do them together) I will walk instead of running all of them.
MS 30, Tour De Cure 6 and volunteer at alot!

If I do not get pregenant by April:
run one 5 a month
do sprint distance tri 4/29
MS 60 and Ride for a Cure 25
Late August outdoor 1/2 Tri in Wisconson
Twin Cities Marathon- 10 mile race (hard to get into but so worth it)
that is all for now!
2007-01-09 10:16 AM
in reply to: #647260

User image

I am jealous of watergirl going to Whistler....I love snowboarding and I don't do it as much now that I moved to the east....the powder is just not as nice.

A comment on all of the swim equipment that was being discussed...it really helps for training and form. The fins are an amazing way to be able to focus more on your stroke and get more laps in as you struggle less to stay afloat. My strategy to get in the necessary distance is that I would target lets say 600m and use the fins (or buoy) for the last 200. That way I can still finish my goal and not have my form degrade. Yes and goggles are KEY....it took some time for me to find the right ones as I found my eyes are way apart compared to most...perhaps the klingon side of my family.

Professor, I will let you know about the HR monitor but I really like it so far especially when I am spinning as my home bike doesn't have mileage and all of that but the monitor allows me still to train for target zones. I am also working on picking some races. I will follow your advice about the 1/2 IM at the end of the summer and who knows. I definitely would love to do the Alcatraz but I think you have to qualify for it right?
2007-01-09 12:31 PM

I am new to this site and new to Triathlons. In the past two years I have lost and kept off over 200 pounds. My reward for myself is to get involved in Triathlons. I have been exercising for this entire time. I weight train 3 days and week and do a cardio workout 3 days a week. I want to start training for Triatlon Sprints this Spring/Summer. Any help would be appreciated.
2007-01-09 4:46 PM

If you're still open I'd love to join. I love your approach and think that I will fit in well. I've got a medical background (respiratory therapist) and I struggle with weight. I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. I'm doing this for the weight loss and am planning to sign up for a sprint in June. Thanks for considering me.

Jimbo the Great

2007-01-09 7:49 PM

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
Today, you all motivated me to get to the gym to lift. Very short duration, lame intensity, but it was enough to wake some muscles up and make me realize how weak I've become. And it was such a good day up to that point, too.

It's been so long since I've been there that I hadn't noticed the machines had been re-arranged. Honestly, I stood looking at the leg curl for a good minute, trying to figure out how I should get into it and how it worked, when my wife came up and told me that it had been moved and the torturous device I was contemplating was actually some new lower back machine.

See you tomorrow. And new posts -- I see you over there! Give me a day or so to reply.

Edited by prof40 2007-01-10 4:20 AM
2007-01-09 9:05 PM

So I've decided to try the 20 week sprint 3x balance. I also decided I'm not going to follow it exactly. With the facilities I use, there is no way I can match up the various time schedules to mine that work. So, I figure as long as I'm balancing it and doing at least doing something, I'm better off than I was.
Yesterday I was supposed to do a 12 min run and a 24 min bike. Biking done, no problem. I will obviously have to increase my intensity level, but I finished and that's all I care about. As far as running, I ran 8 min, then did abs for a little while. A bit later went to the track with my boyfriend and ran about a mile.
Today, I went to the track again and ran a mile nonstop- 9 min. Hahaha. I'm so slow! I guess I'll need to work on that also. After that, I would walk two laps (2 laps= .25 mile) and then run two laps. I did this for four miles. I felt good afterwards. My knees were thankful when I was done though, that's for sure!
The only problem that I have been having when running that I feel like I'm going to get sick. I have gotten sick once, other than that, I gag. Have you ever heard of this or experienced this? Maybe it is a phase... let's hope!
Thanks for the advice. I am particularly going to stick to the beer drinking advice. CARBS! haha- I love it!

2007-01-09 10:41 PM
in reply to: #648562

User image

Hey Jeng sounds like you are ringin in the new year right.

I don't know why you are feeling sick unless you are eating too close to your workout or maybe you aren't hydrated enough. Are you warming up slow?

You alluded to some knee pain. I would be really careful as women can hurt their knees running fairly easily (men can too but their structure is a little more stable than womens)

The most important thing in running is to WORK YOUR WAY UP SLOWLY. A lot of people are in good enough cardiovascular shape to run a couple of miles but their tendons and ligaments are not. The key is to increase very slowly each week. You started out running 4 miles which I would have just run maybe a mile or two and called it quits(unless you have worked up to this).

I would also focus on stretching AFTER you run (you can do a little before but usually a slow warmup and light stretching is good enough) and especially do the crossover stretch making sure to go to the opposite side so you really stretch out the ilio-tibial band which can give knee pain.

Also, make sure that you have assessed what kind of foot you have which is important so that you can get the right shoe. Without the right shoe you could hurt your knees more. I would go to a marathon runner specialty shop (foot locker and the like usually don't have a clue) and have them look at your foot or look for directions on the shoe buying site www.roadrunner.com

OK enough for now....sorry for the diatribe I just have seen too many friends injure themselves running and want to make sure you do it right.
2007-01-09 11:07 PM

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice! I will definitely take it into consideration. I know I really messed up my knees in high school while playing soccer, so I will make sure to be extra careful. All of this support is keeping me motivated! Thanks so much!
2007-01-10 3:43 AM

User image

Hello My name is Clint From Australia im 26 Years old and have spent most of my life as a "Fat guy" i was 113kgs but have discoverd life and fittnes and am loving it

Past Races: I have never competed in a tri ever before the only thing i have done is a fun run of 12kms which i did in 1 hour 6 slow i know but im working on that my previous best for this was 1 hour 20

Family Status: Single no kids

Weightloss goal to lose weight and be fit i have no set target weight but i would love to lose my beer gut.

I want to do a Tri as a personal mental and physical challenge any help u can offer would be much appreciated

Most importantly can i join your group...

Cheers
clint

2007-01-10 5:18 AM

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
TEAM CHALLENGE: (well, 2 of them actually):

1. GET A PHYSICAL - I want everyone to get a full physical, with blood work, before you start racing. I don't need someone dropping dead on a weekend while trying something I suggested. If your MD puts any limitations on you, follow them! (Although, really, if you died, it's not like I would know, unless your sig other informs us, but to do that he/she would have to know your password and read your logs, and I'm thinking that just can't be a good thing for a healthy relationship.)

2. RIDE YOUR BIKE ON SUNDAY - I don't care when, where or how, just get on it and track your distance, and then POST YOUR MILEAGE to this forum. There appears to be 7 of us. Can we hit a combined total of 150 miles? Now let me be clear: I am not apportioning the mileage equally. Some will ride more, some will ride less, and some will ride faster than others. (Some will be skiing -- you know who you are, and I think the rest of us would agree that you just aren't too serious about this triathlon thing if you're willing to chuck it to have fun on the slopes while some of us are stuck in the house on the trainer watching Star Trek reruns.) But do the ride, imagine all of us doing it with you, and post your distance.

Ah, you ask, but my CatEye or other device is attached to my front wheel, which doesn't turn on the trainer, so how can I post my mileage? Four suggestions:

(a) go to WalMart and get a cheap speedometer ($15-$20) that attaches to your rear wheel and install it. You do not, and should not, take off your other device. Just let it stay in sleep mode. And yes, for the first time on this forum, I have actually suggested that you spend money;

(b) go to the gym and ride the exercise bike there, jotting down your distance;

(c) record your time, and approximate your miles based on past rides, e.g., I rode for 1 hour, I usually average about 18 mph, therefore, record 18 miles; or

(d) actually ride your bike outside. Daring suggestion, I know.

Have a great day.

By the way, great posts among yourselves, filled with really good advice. Exactly how I wanted this forum to work.

2007-01-10 9:51 AM
in reply to: #648624

User image

to add my 2 cents worth about the feeling sick while running- usually the nausea comes from either working too hard or working too hard without proper hydration. I agree with Jm that you need to take it easy and work into this. Speed is no consideration right now. Next time you go the track, make sure you drink lots of water the few hours before and run a mile SLOWLY and see if you still feel sick. If not, then you probably were running to fast. The basic physiology behind it is that you running faster than your body is used to, its shunting the oxygen and blood to your muscles in your legs, and your gut is being slightly deprived. And it makes you feel nauseaus. Dont feel bad though, I have seen the extreme of this in even the best athletes while working the medical tent for Ironman races. Also, make sure you hydrate well after your runs.
When I first got my heart rate monitor, I realized how I was running too hard everytime I ran. Once I really did slow runs and kept my HR in the cardio zone, I was able to increase the lenght of my runs. Sure, its way slower than I wanted to do but it worked.
2007-01-10 3:46 PM

Are you still taking group members? If so, then I will re-post with pertinent information about myself and try to catch up. Thanks. Full disclosure...I will not be able to ride on Sunday.

Edited by ecjones_98 2007-01-10 3:49 PM
2007-01-10 9:34 PM

User image

Minneapolis
if you were counting me in the 7, great! I have my first mini tri on Sunday so I know I get the group 10 miles- no questions asked!
might not be able to get the rest of the required data as I will be on the go! Like the energy of the group!
Also plans for the rest of the year, I want to start trianing to do a 10k (moving up from the 5k distance). I will use swimming, biking and weight training to help me stay strong. My goal is to do a 10k in April/May, cause even if I pregnant I can still run that early in the game.
BGT out!
2007-01-10 9:37 PM

User image

Minneapolis
is there a better path way to get to this fourm? right now I am going into fourms, into open list and then going in through prof40's group- open. Seems like this niffty site would have a cleaner route.
BGT

2007-01-11 5:19 AM
in reply to: #647363

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
phoenixrising404 - 2007-01-09 8:17 AM

I try to keep pace with music like Devo's "Peekaboo", "Working in a coal mine", and "Big mess"--you know, 4/4 time. I have my bike on 5th gear. Any estimates of mileage???? By the way, I do "intervals" on my minitrampoline to Pussycat Dolls' "Bite the Dust", ten times in a row. I punch to Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas. Told you I'm a music junkie!

You're a seriously eclectic mom! When you're out shopping for your Swimp3, get a speedometer and attach it to your bike. It's a lot more fun when you can see your speed and distance.

If you are serious about a 1/2 marathon, you must start running. And you should probably start running outside in the spring. Running on concrete is different than running on a treadmill. (By the way, just imagining you jumping on your trampoline makes me tired.)

Sounds like you have the work-out bug. Good job.
2007-01-11 5:38 AM
in reply to: #647656

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
BigGirlTri-ing - 2007-01-09 10:59 AM

Anymore room in here?
Me, I am doing my first mini sprint distance tri next weekend 1/14 (indoor at my gym) hoping to do it in one hour 25 mintues. I have been training scince Nov. Looking for support around training with a busy life schudule (I do not care how much I should drink during a run, I want to know what will get me closer to the finsh line). I am a big girl (about 210 but losing and toning), I am queer, meaning I am married to a boy who use to be a girl, I am a black and sassy. I am also a recovering food addict (my drug is food and processed sugar; I have a meetings and a sponsor, but wanted to let you know who I am).

I am willing to work hard and reach my goals. I am a local 5k princess; I did 10 last year. I also bike through a mentroship program; big rides last year were 17, 25, 35, 15 miles. I have also taught water aerobics for the last 3 years SOOO tri seem like the next best steps. If you will have me, I am looking for mentor who has wit (check), sass (check) and who is willing to read my log and say yep you are working hard enough or say more your ! let me know!

You're not shy, are you?

I'm intrigued by your princess designation -- I've never chatted with royalty -- although I was about 8' from Sarah Ferguson once. Of course, she was in a car pulling out the Buckingham Palace drive and I was just standing there by sheer chance, but nonetheless it is a brush with fame.

As for your goals: sure, I'm happy to offer encouragement. But here's the caveat: I don't know anything about pregnancy, being pregnant, getting pregnant, how you should train when you are pregnant, how you should train when you want to get pregnant, etc. Absolutely nothing. So when you mention pregnancy, I'll say "hmmm" and "I see" but I just have no experience at all with what you're considering. So with full disclosure having been made, welcome to the forum.

I'm impressed with your planned races, and that you did 10 last year. Sounds like you won't need any advice on running.

You're 3 days away from your first tri, so here's the advice for the week: Relax. Take it easy. Take a day off (or 2) even if you feel like your body needs a quick run. I want you well rested, and at this point, one less workout is not going to benefit your time as much as a tired body will detract from your performance. Then make sure you tell us on Sunday how you did, and what you would do differently in your next race.

Good luck on Sunday!

Edited by prof40 2007-01-11 6:33 AM
2007-01-11 5:48 AM
in reply to: #647688

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
jmtrevejo - 2007-01-09 11:16 AM

IYes and goggles are KEY....it took some time for me to find the right ones as I found my eyes are way apart compared to most...perhaps the klingon side of my family.

Professor, I will let you know about the HR monitor but I really like it so far especially when I am spinning as my home bike doesn't have mileage and all of that but the monitor allows me still to train for target zones. I am also working on picking some races. I will follow your advice about the 1/2 IM at the end of the summer and who knows. I definitely would love to do the Alcatraz but I think you have to qualify for it right?

Star Trek references always get noticed!

For anyone new to swimming, spend some time picking out goggles, and be prepared to try out a few different types. Once you find a pair that fits, and don't leak, and don't suck your eyes out of your head leaving the tell-tale marks around your eyes for the rest of the afternoon, you'll know what true love is. I lost my all-time fav pair in Florida a few years ago and just have not been able to find that type again.

Keep up with your HRM. I always find it difficult to stay in the lower ranges because it just feels like I'm not getting anywhere. But those that get used to their HRMs love them. I'm curious to see how you perceive your exertion after 6-8 weeks of its use.

As for the 1/2 IM -- pick a race but don't register for it yet. Yes, I know, it might sell out by June, but before you commit, see how your body adapts to your longer training and handles the couple shorter races you're looking at. No one said you have to do your long race this year!

2007-01-11 5:58 AM
in reply to: #647922

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
brian10 - 2007-01-09 1:31 PM

I am new to this site and new to Triathlons. In the past two years I have lost and kept off over 200 pounds. My reward for myself is to get involved in Triathlons. I have been exercising for this entire time. I weight train 3 days and week and do a cardio workout 3 days a week. I want to start training for Triatlon Sprints this Spring/Summer. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome. Well, here's how you start: ask questions, and go swim/bike/run. A lot. Somewhere in an earlier post, I talked about alternating running and walking, and the benefits of just getting your body moving. That's where you should start.

So here's your homework:

1. Get to the pool, ride a bike, and go for a run -- all short distances, maybe 20 minutes each, just once by Sunday. In fact, ride the bike on Sunday so you can contribute your mileage to our challenge -- I'm trying to see if the group can do a combined total of 150 miles.

2. Get on www.trifind.com, pick your state, and see if there's a race coming up in the next 6 months. Don't register for it today, but mark it on your calendar.

3. Come back and start asking questions!

4. And tell us more about yourself -- age, family life, the race you're considering, etc.

By the way, amazing weight loss! Seriously impressed here.

2007-01-11 6:08 AM
in reply to: #648288

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
jamesmakinson - 2007-01-09 5:46 PM

If you're still open I'd love to join. I love your approach and think that I will fit in well. I've got a medical background (respiratory therapist) and I struggle with weight. I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. I'm doing this for the weight loss and am planning to sign up for a sprint in June. Thanks for considering me.

Jimbo the Great

Jimbo the Great...I like it. Makes me think I need a nickname.

Have you spotted a race yet for June? And where are you in your training? What equipment do you have?

Here's the best part about triathlons: you don't need special equipment to do them. Sure, it's not as basic as running, where all you need is a pair of shoes and a road. But when you go to your first race, you'll see $5,000 bikes racked next to 20-yr old ten speeds. Heck, I used a mountain bike for the first few years. And if your race has a pool swim, you won't need a wetsuit.

I'm offering the same advice to you as to others, and since I'm not good at cut and paste, you're going to have to use your scroll button to see what I've said up above. This is a group forum -- share some details, get your body moving, tell us what you're doing, and start asking questions.

By the way -- no one says you have to race your first race. You can always go and watch, so you know what to expect when it's your first race. Or volunteer to work it. Races ALWAYS need volunteers.

Ok, get to work.

2007-01-11 6:21 AM
in reply to: #648562

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
jeng615 - 2007-01-09 10:05 PM

So I've decided to try the 20 week sprint 3x balance. I also decided I'm not going to follow it exactly. With the facilities I use, there is no way I can match up the various time schedules to mine that work. So, I figure as long as I'm balancing it and doing at least doing something, I'm better off than I was.
Yesterday I was supposed to do a 12 min run and a 24 min bike. Biking done, no problem. I will obviously have to increase my intensity level, but I finished and that's all I care about. As far as running, I ran 8 min, then did abs for a little while. A bit later went to the track with my boyfriend and ran about a mile.
Today, I went to the track again and ran a mile nonstop- 9 min. Hahaha. I'm so slow! I guess I'll need to work on that also. After that, I would walk two laps (2 laps= .25 mile) and then run two laps. I did this for four miles. I felt good afterwards. My knees were thankful when I was done though, that's for sure!
The only problem that I have been having when running that I feel like I'm going to get sick. I have gotten sick once, other than that, I gag. Have you ever heard of this or experienced this? Maybe it is a phase... let's hope!
Thanks for the advice. I am particularly going to stick to the beer drinking advice. CARBS! haha- I love it!

Great start! Keep us posted as to how you like your plan. Some of us might try the same one.

So, college girl, I've been known to do a 10-minute mile now and then. So if you say you did yours in 9, and that was "so slow", are you mocking me? Hmmm, might have to challenge you to a race. I'm old, but every now and then I can crank out a quick one before falling to the ground and gasping for air.

Seriously, great job on the 4-mile effort! (I'm whooping for you now.) Sickness can be caused from a few things, and I see some group members have offered reasons and suggestions. For me, it's because: I'm dehydrated, hungry, ate too soon before a run, or am pushing it too hard. (And don't be surprised if one day you do a 9:00 mile and the next day your body revolts -- that's normal.) You have to learn how to work with your body. I run in the mornings before I eat but after a good mug of coffee. That works for me. Or sometimes I'll down a gel on the way out the door -- strawberry/banana or vanilla are my favorites. I have a friend who must eat oatmeal or toast 30minutes before he goes. So try it out and see how you feel. If you run in the afternoon, try to wait an hour or so after lunch. And when you feel sick, slow down. Walk. Drink some water.

BUT -- if the sick feeling continues, no matter what you do, go see an MD. Deal? I know you high school soccer types feel you're indestructible -- especially the women -- but don't mess around with this.

(And do not tell your mother I recommended that you drink beer. Jeez, I don't need that hanging over my head!)

Edited by prof40 2007-01-11 1:49 PM
2007-01-11 6:31 AM
in reply to: #648680

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
Malphh - 2007-01-10 4:43 AM

Hello My name is Clint From Australia im 26 Years old and have spent most of my life as a "Fat guy" i was 113kgs but have discoverd life and fittnes and am loving it

Past Races: I have never competed in a tri ever before the only thing i have done is a fun run of 12kms which i did in 1 hour 6 slow i know but im working on that my previous best for this was 1 hour 20

Family Status: Single no kids

Weightloss goal to lose weight and be fit i have no set target weight but i would love to lose my beer gut.

I want to do a Tri as a personal mental and physical challenge any help u can offer would be much appreciated

Most importantly can i join your group...

Cheers
clint

I thought all you AU guys were macho extreme sports enthusiasts who drank us yanks under the table at the end of the day and then slept with our girlfriends. (Did I just share too much personal information?) Of course, the only things I know about your country are Bondi Beach, Uluru, and Fosters. And vegamite sandwiches.

I did my first tri just to see if I could do it. I had to take a breather before jumping onto the bike, and walked my bike up a steep hill, but I did it. And loved it all.

So here's to motivation and facing new challenges. Welcome to the group. Pick out a race, jump in the pool, and report back to us.

Edited by prof40 2007-01-11 1:51 PM
2007-01-11 6:35 AM
in reply to: #648978

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
watergirl777 - 2007-01-10 10:51 AM

to add my 2 cents worth about the feeling sick while running...

That was worth at least a quarter. Thanks for the help!
2007-01-11 6:37 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Prof40's Group -- Technically full but you can still sneak in...
Hi! A note to BGT--I'm a mother of three (ages 8,6 and 4) and a chiropractor specializing in pregnancy and pediatrics (and recently animal chiropractic, too). And what I can tell you is that you are encouraged to work out in about the same way your body is used to before you get pregnant, during your pregnancy. In other words, you are an athlete, so your body is used to exercise, so you may continue. Just listen to your body. When it tells you to slow down, pay attention to that, but don't quit entirely or your body will freak out! I would, of course, recommend that you get your pelvis and spine adjusted by a chiropractor with a DICCP (specializing in pregnancy and pediatrics). There are several there in Minneapolis and if you can't find one, I will look into it for you. There are nerves in the sacrum that innervate the uterus and there is even a chiropractic technique for adjusting the sacrum to "turn" a breech baby. I wrote the case series on that technique--it works. But the point here is to make sure your pelvis is in alignment so that the baby doesn't have to go breech, cause you don't want a C-section--too much scarring and pain! I know there are a lot of folks that "don't believe in chiropractic" and to them, I say "I don't believe in the post office, either, but I use it". One more tip--take a lot of salmon oil, or eat salmon (wild, not farm raised) to get plenty of EPA and DHA for your baby's brain. Nothing better for helping to reduce inflammation, get your good cholesterol up and help with your child's development. My mom went to Alaska salmon fishing while I was pregnant with my daughter and fed me full of the stuff while pregnant and right after delivery. Micah is my smartest child and still asks for her "fishy pills" and begs for tuna and salmon all the time. My boys are smart, but a little on the ADHD spectrum--I didn't get the salmon in for them.

I admire your spunk! And love the only racing my mind statement!! Good luck
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Prof40's Group -- Technically full but ... Rss Feed  

of 72