General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from the UK (or Philippines) Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-09 4:06 AM

User image

New user

Lancashire
Subject: Greetings from the UK (or Philippines)
Hi All,

I'm a 36 year old Company Director from Bury in the UK.

I spend my time between my office in Lancashire and my office in the Philippines with about a 50/50 split. I'm brand new to triathlon training and I'll be hugely grateful for any advice I can get.

I've played Rugby Union since my early teens and have always wanted to get involved in triathlon but never had the time until I retired from Rugby a couple of years ago.

Currently overweight (about 230lbs) Christmas didn't help, 6ft 2in and desperate to get fit and competing.

Thanks for having me

2007-01-09 4:54 AM
in reply to: #647304

User image

Extreme Veteran
London
Subject: RE: Greetings from the UK (or Philippines)
Greetings!

welcome to the forum, mate. Good to see another egg chaser on here too!

how come you've got a base in the UK and the Philippines? Got any jobs going? lol

Tim/.
2007-01-09 5:48 AM
in reply to: #647309

User image

New user

Lancashire
My other great passion is diving and we were looking to do some offshore (cheaper) system development.

The options were: Russia, India or Philippines.

It was a no brainer for me really
2007-01-09 6:12 AM
in reply to: #647322

User image

Expert
London, UK
abridge - 2007-01-09 11:48 AM

My other great passion is diving and we were looking to do some offshore (cheaper) system development.

The options were: Russia, India or Philippines.

It was a no brainer for me really

Yeah I guess the diving in Russia is not that great!

Btw. most of the guys in the Guinness Premiership wouldn't consider you weight as overweight

Anyway, enough merriment.

Welcome to the site.

There is lots of info and advice available here. The best thing is to pick a 'race' (gulp), so you have something to aim for and then pick a training plan that suits you.

There is also a mentoring thing going on on the site at the moment. You can find it here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/forum-view.asp?...

And then you should introduce yourself in our little (but growing) UK corner of BT here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Have fun and good luck.

Jens
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from the UK (or Philippines) Rss Feed