General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help out a local Xcrosser kick ! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-10 9:58 AM

User image

Champion
Wisconsin
Subject: Help out a local Xcrosser kick !

from my friend and cycling mentor:

"Some of you might know Tristan Schouten of Sheboygan as he has been a top local racer for many years.  For those who don't, Tristan is one of the top elite men's racers in our area and he won the Badger Cross men's cat 1/2 race this year.  Beyond all that though Tristan is also a good guy.  I've gotten to know him better over the past couple of seasons that he has been racing cyclocross and I am very excited to announce that he has been chose to represent the US on the World Cyclocross team and travel to Belgium later this month for the biggest race in the world. 

However, Tristan needs to raise $1500 to pay for the honor of being on the team.  Because cyclocross is not an olympic sport there is very limited funding so only a few people have their trip paid for and Tristan is not one of them.

I am trying to help him raise that money as it would be nice if he could focus on training and not worry about the financial part.  To that end here are some things you could do to help Tristan:

1. Donate directly to Tristan (see the info on his blog -http://tristanschouten.blogspot.com//

2. Buy a MadCross item - DVD, Calendar, Poster, Photo.  See the info at www.madcross.org to find out how to do those things. 

3. Spread the word on other email lists you are on and ask your cycling friends to make a donation.  Big or small it all helps!  I will have a jar at the entrance to the swap where you can also drop in your loose change, a few bucks you saved negotiating a good price on bike goods or a few of the dollars you made selling items.

5. Stay tuned for other opportunities.  I'm working on some other things but nothing is final yet.  I'll let you know though.  I'm hoping to show the CX film Transitions 2 (awesome film) but I haven't yet secured permission.

Thanks,
Renee"

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help out a local Xcrosser kick ! Rss Feed