Other Resources My Cup of Joe » financial software Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-19 11:12 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: financial software
OK, downloaded Quicken home & business 2007 tonight, imported my quicken 99 file...yes, I've been using quicken 99 for 7 years with no troubles at all. Trouble is, I've got 2 new computers and no longer have the installation files for the software.

I managed to reconcile 3 months of bankstatements (sort of), then proceeded to the investment portfolio area, and it won't download any of my vanguard details. It has the transaction histories, but it lumps 3 different mutual funds into one account. What goo dis that? How I evaluate asset allocation that way?

I have an account at a different firm with 3 different types of retirement accounts due to job changes, roth vs. 403b, etc. I set up each one individually, and it is dropping each account into one of four types of assets...but they are all the same mutual fund!

I havn't even gotten to any business stuff yet.

If I can't get this to track my mutual fund accounts in a way that is no more tedious than what I am currently doing (just a little tedious), then the big fancy software is pretty useless to me, and I'll keep looking for an old install file of quicken 99.

Any advice? What software do you all use?

Yes, I know you are all thinking, shouldn't she be packign for her trip to the cult farm in Santa Barbara? Well, I just wanted to get all the bills paid first. Sigh.

2007-01-20 2:25 AM
in reply to: #661476

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Subject: RE: financial software
Marry a CPA like I did.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » financial software Rss Feed