General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Raleigh/Cary Local Bike Shops Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-20 5:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Raleigh/Cary Local Bike Shops
Was cleaning my bike today and the wind blew it over onto the rear deraileur. Bike would not shift so I took it up to my local bike shop (Cycling Spoken Here in Cary) to have them look at it. Was expecting to have to drop it off and pick it up in a couple days. Tech took the bike, unhooked the cable, realligned the rear derailleur, reattached the cable, made a few adjustments and its working as well as before. Total cost: $15.00.

We all look for good bike shops and other places to spend our hard earned money for needed repairs and training gear.

Lets share the names of some places that do us a good job:

Cycling Spoken Here in Cary and Golds Gym at North Hills are two places that I get good customer service.

2007-01-20 10:38 PM
in reply to: #661876

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Subject: RE: Raleigh/Cary Local Bike Shops
Good idea!

Dutch Cycles in Regina, Saskatchewan is the best LBS I've ever used - and I've moved around a lot.

They have the top end stuff and charge fair prices for it, but they are very fair and reasonable on masterful repairs and the little things. Great advice, excellent patience. And busy as all get out in season...duh, I wonder why!

And they really support the local bike and multi-sport community. Oh yeah, they don't sell hockey equipment or skis either...imagine that!
2007-01-23 10:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
I bought my bike at Cycling Spoken Here in Cary  and I have to agree that they were fabulous. This was about 2 yrs back, but they were well educated and informed on their bikes, didn't mind my intense test rides and endless questions. The fitting was dead-on.  I just wish they had a shop in Raleigh!
2007-01-27 7:41 AM

Veteran
Raleigh, NC
Another huge fan of Cycling Spoken Here in Cary.

Last year was my first year in tri, and I visited about 7 bike shops to get acquainted with this new world of "road bikes". I could barely spell it, but I had already signed up for a tri so I needed a a bike, right? My budget was 500-800 for a bike.

Cycling Spoken in Cary spent over and hour with me fitting me, answering questions, giving me tips, etc.

I visited Performance, Bicycle Chain, Clean Machine, Flythe, and none of them even spent half the time that Cycling Spoken did.

One of the clinchers was free basic maintenance for life if you purchased the bike from them. That's good to know for me.
2007-01-29 3:13 PM

User image

Elite
West Chicago, IL
I bought my bike from Cycling Spoken Here in Apex and had a great experience!

I, too, have gotten good service from Gold's Gym at North Hills.

The customer service is not consistent at Performance Bike in Cary, but I've had the occasion to have someone there really help me out with ignorant newbie questions.
2007-03-12 6:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Bump for DMARK

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Raleigh/Cary Local Bike Shops Rss Feed