General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stillwater Training Partners Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-28 11:32 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, TX
Subject: Stillwater Training Partners
Hey, I've posted around here a little about this, but I thought I'd make an official thread about it. I'm looking for people to train with. Right now, I'm thinking of shooting for 2x of each even per week with some weight training 2-3 times a week. I'm a student at OSU, so though I'm buisy, I'm can be fairly flexible with my time. Right now I'm planning on training at 8:30 am on Monday-Saturday with Saturday being a long run/bike day.

Though I might not be able to get participants everyday, I'd love to have a partner or two some of the time. Also, are there any training groups in Stilly right now that I don't know about? I would like to join if so.

Target is one of the Olympics in June (3rd or 10th).

Zach

2007-01-29 9:59 PM
in reply to: #670882

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles
Subject: RE: Stillwater Training Partners
Zach

I would be interested in doing some training together though I am not a very ideal training partner. My "A" goal for this spring/early summer is the OKC marathon in late April. I am also training for a sprint triathlon in mid april as well but only focus on it when time allows. Weekly I swim 3-5 times a week (as you will see from my log, its less than craptaculous) at the colvin usually in the AM. I run four times a week and am waiting for it to warm up before I start biking.

Richard

2007-01-29 10:16 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, TX
As you can probably tell from my logs, I'm running pretty inconsistent right now. However, that's partially because I was in Texas for four days. I'll also be in Orlando from Thurday-Sunday. I would really like to get together though. I'm still gonna try to do most of my training in the mornings. Don't know if we could meet for that.

Overall, I think you are ahead of me. I did swimming in HS, but I'm out of shape for that (evidenced by today's swim). As for running. I don't know if I could even keep up with you, but I'd love to try sometime. I think the best bet would be to try to get together for swimming. It's always nice to have a training partner to keep you going.

Think you could do Wednesday morning at 8:30am? If not, we could try a different time. However, I'm flying out of OKC Thursday, so this week it would have to be Wednesday.

Zach

Edited by poke4christ 2007-01-29 10:17 PM
2007-01-29 10:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles
Yeah.

We should give it a try. I do not think I will be able to go that early on Wednesday but if your interested I am going for a 4 mile run tomorrow if you are interested.

Richard
2007-01-29 10:52 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, TX
When's the run? I'm gonna hit the spin class at 9. I was actually, thinking I'd save the running for the weekend when I'm in orlando. I can't do swimming or cycling there. Also, is there a time that might be better for the swim?
2007-01-29 11:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles
Hey.

Tomorrow I can run between 8 and noon or after 6ish.

I am trying to swim 5 days a week now with MWF being my intense days and TR as easier more technique focused. I swim with a friend most days, if they show up. On MWF at 930am and on TR at 7am. The only reason I can't change those times is I swim with others and those are the times they can do it. If they stop showing up which happened today, I could easily change my schedule around. If any of those would work, itd be great if you came.

Richard

2007-01-29 11:34 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, TX
I don't know about the running. The morning won't work as I'm doing the spin class. As for after 6, that might work. I'll give you a call. I can't right now as I left my phone in my car and it's a ways away.
2007-02-05 4:30 PM

Hey are you still looking for training partners...i've been trying to find someone to train with as well??
2007-02-05 6:27 PM
in reply to: #680213

User image

Regular
Fort Worth, TX
theweig - 2007-02-05 4:30 PM

Hey are you still looking for training partners...i've been trying to find someone to train with as well??

Yeah, would you be able to train at the times I mentioned above?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stillwater Training Partners Rss Feed