Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Site donations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-17 9:32 AM

User image

Expert
Montreal
Subject: Site donations
When you made your donation to the site via PayPal did you receive any email other than the PayPal confirmation about your donation?

2004-08-17 11:39 AM
in reply to: #49052

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Site donations

u should just receive the paypal for confirmation.  i also post all donators here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=976&posts=1

i believe i added u to that list yesterday.

in the future (about 2 months), donators will automatically get recognized in thef forum in their profile and thread veiws and blog while also having a chance to get 'gifts' at certain donating levels (t-shirts, etc.)...when we do this this october, i will make it retroactive to all donations since the beginning of this year...

thanks!

-did u recieve any other emails?  hope there wasn't a problem.

2004-08-17 12:22 PM
in reply to: #49052

User image

Expert
Montreal
Hi Ron,

Thank you for the reply - my question was motivated more by an expectation of a confirmation email from the site that's all. I did get the PayPal confirmation. I didn't realize there was a place where donors were officially thanked.

The donation button is so subdued and there is SO MUCH value in the forums I hope that others are motivated to make even a small donation to help offset what I know are serious costs (I run 14 websites for myself and my clients).
2004-08-17 5:01 PM
in reply to: #49197

User image

Champion
Gold member

actually, for the first time ever, we r using everyones donations that have been collected since march (when it started) are going 100% towards the training logs and site this october that is being programmed now.

thats a BIG step for us in becoming strong...no longer am i creating more looming debt upon myself.  i thank u all much and u should be proud...i will put up a more official thank you when the time comes.

we r having the forum extended into a cms site to manage articles better and make it more automatic (instead of me manually doing all submission).  we are extending the 'race report list (way cool) and adding some age group placement feilds (per your request)...adding an automatic copy race data to training logs (your request)...adding some countries to the list (your request)...redoing the blog design to accomodate future log additions.

fatman, i have subdued the donation so far as i was not 'feeling ready'...felt the site needed a lot more improvement/function...we start a 'member drive' in october to officially raise money...anyone who logs on wont miss it plus will get free stuff with donations levels.  the training logs r friggin expensive to program and we have a lot more cool stuff to do.

thank you again.

ps...14 sites?  i cant imagine...your full time job i hope!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Site donations Rss Feed