General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Idaho State Track Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-04 1:40 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Idaho State Track
I'm from Ripley, Oklahoma. But I am in school at Idaho State. I graduate in May '07 and will move back to Oklahoma for finish and get into the Doctorate program. I was recruited to ISU as a hurdler, but before the season started of my freshman year coach decided to have me do the decathlon. I did pretty well for someone who had never touched a pole vault, shot put, javelin, discus, or ran no more than 300 meters in a race. I was 6th in the Big Sky Conference in the decathlon and then the meet before conference I was throwing javelin and tore my ulna collateral ligament in my right elbow, still went to conference had to throw left handed, ended up getting 8th place at conference. Had surgery my sophomore year, and since then it has been on injury after another. Now heading into my last year at ISU coach wanted me to still compete and after tearing my right hamstring last year in indoors, now I’m just a sprinter (not my strong point) not able to run the hurdles due to my hamstring so I run the 400 open and I can also still run he 400 meter hurdles due to the pace of the race. That’s my college athletic career in a nut shell. But, I’ve always wanted to due triathlons and when I graduate in May and I will be done competing collegially I want to start training in biking and swimming.

2007-02-04 9:48 AM
in reply to: #678508

User image

Elite
Texas
Subject: RE: Idaho State Track

Welcome to BT. I played football against ISU when I was at NAU, probably when you were in pre-school though...

Make sure you take full advantage of all of the (free) rehab for your hamstring. It may bother you for years to come and what you do now will dictate how much. Every season I'm basically betting my registraition fees that my training will allow me to race without one (or more) of those old inuries coming back to bite me.

Good luck. Triathlon is a fast growing sport. And it's a "lifelong" sport of you play your cards right. So it's a great way to stay in shape after your "other" athletic career comes to an end.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Idaho State Track Rss Feed