General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri in North San Diego County Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-05 6:35 PM

Subject: New to Tri in North San Diego County
Hi, I'm Chris, I am training for my first 5k in April & triathlon in May at Mission Bay. I am training with a friend of mine & my wife. We all ride motocross & thought this would be a great way to get into better shape while having fun.

Right now my equipment is pretty minimal. I have my old Trek mountain bike that I have been using for training, thinking about stepping up & getting a tri bike like the Felt S32 before the races begin. The thing that I really want to get soon is a tri specific wetsuit. I have a surf suit & a full suit for jetski racing, but I really want to get a tri suit since my other suits are kind of a pain to swim in. Anyone know where to get a good suit at a good price?

Chris

2007-02-05 6:40 PM
in reply to: #680337

User image

Champion
Carlsbad, California
Subject: RE: New to Tri in North San Diego County
Go to Nytro in Encinitas and look at the Quintana Roo Ultra-Full Wetsuit.

Not sure what your definition of cheap is, but this one is most comparable in price to a Full Wetuit for Surfing. This shop is dangerous in that they are Tri Specific and have tons of very cool and hard to find stuff that you cannot resist. (Don't go in alone with a Credit Card)

Good Luck and Welcome to BT
2007-02-05 8:47 PM

User image

Mesa
Welcome...

I did the San Diego International last year. You should check that one out. Fun race at the end of June. It will sell out, so if it interests you sign up.

And as waterdog said... go check out Nytro. They will have everything you need. Xlab is their own brand too. I bought a Xlab rear tri-spoke wheel from them. The Xlab tri bike is nice too. You can see everything on their website too... http://www.nytro.com
2007-02-07 10:04 AM

Thanks for the replys! I went to Nytro a couple of weeks back when we were in the area & was amazed at all of the cool stuff there. I am going to go back there soon to take a look at that wetsuit since my friend & I are thinking about doing a buoy swim at Moonlight beach in the next month or so. Do you know if they have a buoy out there (I think he said 1/8 mile?).

The only problem with Nytro is getting out without destroying my bank account! They have some amazing bikes that I had my eye on as well.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri in North San Diego County Rss Feed